SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RZR to RZR-S conversion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

RZR to RZR-S conversion Empty
PostSubject: RZR to RZR-S conversion   RZR to RZR-S conversion EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:35 pm

got the newsletter from superatv and they now have the S conversion kit for those of you that might be looking to upgrade. its quite a bit cheaper than a long travel setup too.
799.95 with axle shafts
1299.95 with complete axles

RZR to RZR-S conversion 783

Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: RZR to RZR-S conversion   RZR to RZR-S conversion EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 10:03 pm

I would do the Racer Tech upgrade. It is a little more money but I think it is a much better built system. It even looks better then what comes on the stock S. They also have a +6 and a +3 kit.

RZR to RZR-S conversion Img2715squared138257214
By Big_Ron

1-RZR "S" Replacement Arms
[RTI-RZSKIT-P]
Replacement A-arms for the RZR S. The factory long travel is pretty nice but the arms are weak! Racer Tech has raised the bar once again in innovation and technology. We've designed a complete kit you can bolt on to your RZR S and still retain the factory issue shocks, axles and brake lines. These arms are guaranteed for life just like all of our arm kits. They eliminate the worthless ball joints with our race-proven heim joint replacement system which also allows for handling adjustment with camber changes. These are a boxed-style arm which provide the maximum strength for the weight and render a virtually bulletproof set up. Price includes our race-proven, indestructible HD Tie Rod Replacement Kit, powdercoat, all necessary hardware and instructions. THIS KIT WILL FIT A STANDARD RZR TOO! If you want long travel but don't want to sink the big bucks into it you can source your own shocks and axles of a stock RZR S and bolt together your own kit for a fraction the cost of all-new aftermarket components. Please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery. Feel free to call or email with questions.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: RZR to RZR-S conversion   RZR to RZR-S conversion EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 12:13 am

I like the adjustable camber links on the ball joints... Eat
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: RZR to RZR-S conversion   RZR to RZR-S conversion EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 10:31 am

These kits just get you started, the shocks is where the major benefit and the major cost comes in when switching over. Polaris is now selling the S kit too.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Showtime

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: RZR to RZR-S conversion   RZR to RZR-S conversion EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 9:19 pm

As Gunny says, don't forget good shocks and springs. You're only half way there without them. Good shocks and springs on a stock LE will likely get you more performance than just doing the replacement arms and using poor shocks and springs. It's still hard to beat the S for value if good (NOT FANTASTIC) RZR to RZR-S conversion 32749 stock suspension is what you are looking for. I know it can be done, but by the time you do it right and factor in your tim,e you just don't save any money. I wish you could, I would be first in line.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: RZR to RZR-S conversion   RZR to RZR-S conversion EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 9:31 pm

Showtime wrote:
As Gunny says, don't forget good shocks and springs. You're only half way there without them. Good shocks and springs on a stock LE will likely get you more performance than just doing the replacement arms and using poor shocks and springs. It's still hard to beat the S for value if good (NOT FANTASTIC) RZR to RZR-S conversion 32749 stock suspension is what you are looking for. I know it can be done, but by the time you do it right and factor in your tim,e you just don't save any money. I wish you could, I would be first in line.

If I had an LE I would up grade the A arms and shocks with out question. You would have a much better system then a stock S. Just minus the extra power.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: RZR to RZR-S conversion   RZR to RZR-S conversion EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 10:43 am

Big-R wrote:
Showtime wrote:

If I had an LE I would up grade the A arms and shocks with out question. You would have a much better system then a stock S. Just minus the extra power.

Also Just minus the beefier transmission, crankshaft, beefier rod, better flowing head, More aggresive ecu map, better exhaust, better tires, better cage, and if you bought one of these kits to put on a new rzr plus a set of comparable shocks and springs you would have spent more money than the cost of a S. Plus not spent many dollars(if you cant do the changeover yourself) or many hours of work. These kits are not much of a value except to a guy with a regular rzr who is not wanting to buy a new machine.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: RZR to RZR-S conversion   RZR to RZR-S conversion EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 11:09 am

If I had an $11,000 machine that was paid for, I would not sell it for $8,000 to spend $13,000. I have seen the RZR go every where the S goes.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: RZR to RZR-S conversion   RZR to RZR-S conversion EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 11:31 am

Big-R wrote:
If I had an $11,000 machine that was paid for, I would not sell it for $8,000 to spend $13,000. I have seen the RZR go every where the S goes.

A stock rzr is not capable of going where a S will, but if you add wheel spacers and good tires yes it will. My LE with my mods would go more places than a S could cause it was 5" narrower.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RZR to RZR-S conversion   RZR to RZR-S conversion Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR to RZR-S conversion
Page 1 of 1