SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Decent price on 09 SE?

Go down 
+5
Big-R
AIRBORNE
Rhino Rob
bush
Stench
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Stench
SSXSRider Member
Stench

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-01-26

Decent price on 09 SE? Empty
PostSubject: Decent price on 09 SE?   Decent price on 09 SE? EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:29 am

I'm going to look at an 09 Rhino SE this weekend (depending on the snow!) It only has about 300 miles and he's wanting payoff ($9100) - is this a decent price for a slightly used Rhino? It comes with a rag top and soft doors still in the box.

What do I need to look for other than the obvious? (leaking fluids, cracked A-arms, tweaked frame)
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Decent price on 09 SE?   Decent price on 09 SE? EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:21 am

seems high to me. i think you should be able to get a new base one for that. DontKnow

here is a nice rhino that is in abingdon VA

https://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/sidexside-related-for-sale-f7/06-rhino-660-se-t5148.htm DontKnow
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Decent price on 09 SE?   Decent price on 09 SE? EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:40 am

if that has the yes (yamaha extended service) not bad. I would be willing to bet without driving it and listening to the motor and turning it and checking the oil for burnt smells and low fluid levels and looking at the camber,,, it would be good to go.

for that price, consider a little extra for a new one. check ritchies, at least you get somewhat of a warranty from the dealer.
Back to top Go down
Stench
SSXSRider Member
Stench

PostSubject: Re: Decent price on 09 SE?   Decent price on 09 SE? EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 6:28 am

I'm a bit leery of a Rhino in general, only because I'd hate to buy one and then a major redesign hit.

I'll probably not buy any new SXS here in Kingsport - bought my Honda in Chattanooga, Polaris in Jefferson City. Arctic Cat dealer is now out of business...

Definitely would go to Ritchies if the RZR route.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Decent price on 09 SE?   Decent price on 09 SE? EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 7:16 am

9100 is not too much for a sport model. If that is his asking price, you may be able to get it for 8500. The sport shocks on there are worth 600 or so if you were to buy a set and add to a base Rhino. Also the sport models come with the better LED taillights and better plastic and seats. If it looks clean I say anything less than 9k is a good price. Don't be leery of Rhinos.........they are awesome machines. The biggest drawback is they are a little underpowered but still a VERY CAPABLE machine. In hindsight, I wish I had bought the sport model when I bought my Rhino. I would ask about the x-warranty too. If it has that I don't see how you could go wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Stench
SSXSRider Member
Stench

PostSubject: Re: Decent price on 09 SE?   Decent price on 09 SE? EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:48 am

I've got a son going to college next year, so I'm not going to have a lot of extra cash for upgrades. I was interested in the SE model because it already came with the upgraded wheels (Yes, I'll have to have Man Tires at some point...), doors, top, etc and an unused rag top/soft doors. I was planning on offering him $8500 if I really like it. I've never driven a Rhino, so I'm anxious to look.

Thanks for all your points of view! I will definitely ask about remaining warranty thanks to you guys!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Decent price on 09 SE?   Decent price on 09 SE? EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:21 am

Stench,

I have a feeling that the Rhino will be getting a make over. Yamaha will probably announce the new models in August. Then the new models would not be available until late in the year.
Back to top Go down
Brandan Gray

Brandan Gray

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Decent price on 09 SE?   Decent price on 09 SE? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:11 pm

$12,595 for my 09 Sport, brand new. So 9100 with only 300 miles doesn't sound too bad.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Decent price on 09 SE?   Decent price on 09 SE? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:26 pm

Rhino Rob wrote:
if that has the yes (yamaha extended service) not bad. I would be willing to bet without driving it and listening to the motor and turning it and checking the oil for burnt smells and low fluid levels and looking at the camber,,, it would be good to go.

for that price, consider a little extra for a new one. check ritchies, at least you get somewhat of a warranty from the dealer.

Rob, it is a Rhino. The warranty does not matter. roflmao
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Decent price on 09 SE?   Decent price on 09 SE? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:01 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Rhino Rob wrote:

Thats a fact!!!!!!!!!!! thatsright
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Decent price on 09 SE?   Decent price on 09 SE? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:59 pm

yeah if you are worring about a model change, i would 110% wait till august and see what they offer,if you like it.Buy the new model,if you dont like the new model you will get an even better deal on a used rhino so if it was me i would wait for a new model in augustt before I bought a 09 model.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Decent price on 09 SE?   Decent price on 09 SE? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 6:29 am

ridepate wrote:
wvyankee2 wrote:
Rhino Rob wrote:

Thats a fact!!!!!!!!!!! thatsright
Yep......1300 miles with no cause for concern here. If it goes to the dealer for warranty work I would be really suprised. I am due for some rear wheel bearings and possibly brakes. Put that on the list of weekend chores to do before the group ride in May. thatsright
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Decent price on 09 SE?   Decent price on 09 SE? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:26 am

Stench wrote:
I'm a bit leery of a Rhino in general, only because I'd hate to buy one and then a major redesign hit.

I'll probably not buy any new SXS here in Kingsport - bought my Honda in Chattanooga, Polaris in Jefferson City. Arctic Cat dealer is now out of business...

Definitely would go to Ritchies if the RZR route.

no worry now Decent price on 09 SE? 971386
Back to top Go down
Stench
SSXSRider Member
Stench

PostSubject: Re: Decent price on 09 SE?   Decent price on 09 SE? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 8:40 am

I've go to say I'm a bit disappointed in Yamaha! No doubt the Rhino is a great machine, but c'mon. beat
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Decent price on 09 SE?   Decent price on 09 SE? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 1:25 pm

still probably gonna release a rdesigned model in august........
Back to top Go down
Stench
SSXSRider Member
Stench

PostSubject: Re: Decent price on 09 SE?   Decent price on 09 SE? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 1:26 pm

smith700 wrote:
still probably gonna release a rdesigned model in august........

A RZR killer?
Back to top Go down
Stench
SSXSRider Member
Stench

PostSubject: Re: Decent price on 09 SE?   Decent price on 09 SE? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Update on the Rhino - test drove last week. It "looked" fine - was scratched up pretty good, but I'd probably do that to a new one quick. The scratches on the hood were a bit curious, but I guess easy to do with low lying limbs and such. I had talked him down into the 8's, but was just a bit scared of it. It didn't turn easily - felt like a bit of hesitation in the right front wheel and really didn't feel like it had a lot of power.

This is the first Rhino I've ever driven, so maybe just me?

Looked like it had been laid on it's side at least once, but cage looked fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decent price on 09 SE?   Decent price on 09 SE? Empty

Back to top Go down

Decent price on 09 SE?
Page 1 of 1