SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alternative Fuels

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Killer Kodiak

Killer Kodiak

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Alternative Fuels Empty
PostSubject: Alternative Fuels   Alternative Fuels EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 6:33 pm

So the trucker strike thing got me thinking. This country majorly needs to move away from oil as its primary fuel source. I am all for alcohol engines. I dont understand why this hasn't caught on. Its simple to make, safe than gasoline, and I'd much rather give my $4 a gallon to John Farmer rather than Ackmed from Hoouckjiville who's son wants to destroy America?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Alternative Fuels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternative Fuels   Alternative Fuels EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 6:59 pm

Killer Kodiak wrote:
So the trucker strike thing got me thinking. This country majorly needs to move away from oil as its primary fuel source. I am all for alcohol engines. I dont understand why this hasn't caught on. Its simple to make, safe than gasoline, and I'd much rather give my $4 a gallon to John Farmer rather than Ackmed from Hoouckjiville who's son wants to destroy America?

Wont happen, then people could make their own gas, and the Gov. wouldn't be able to tax it. Mad
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217

Alternative Fuels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternative Fuels   Alternative Fuels EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 7:32 pm

This will happen but it will take time. To much of our economy is warped in oil stock and the company's that trade them to just turn it over, over night. It needs to be a slow transition wile the infrastructure for ethanol builds up. This is why the price of gas is so high right now, its the last big hoora for big oil. Im with you Kodiak I would rather make the farmers rich than Ahmad. We also have to be concerned with national security, Fuel to run our military and solutions to a sever season drought. Imagine if the Midwest has a bad drought and we cannot produce gas. Or a war breaks out and our consumption triples do to military use. Lots of things need to be worked out and solutions to problems need to be found before it can happen.
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Alternative Fuels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternative Fuels   Alternative Fuels EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 8:44 pm

the more ethanol we use just leads to higher priced food, etc. ......no matter what happens the gov. will screw us
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

Alternative Fuels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternative Fuels   Alternative Fuels EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 9:48 pm

Before you see any large scale commitments to ethanol, the gov't will have to make a mandatory switch even more than what they presently have. This is why. Ethanol is not real cheap to make and the producers remember how the price of oil can melt down as quick as it went up. They are not going to make large scale investments without the guarentees that low priced oil wont shut their plants down. Until the Gov't makes a full commitment to alternative fuels, the market will only risk so much.
Back to top Go down
Killer Kodiak

Killer Kodiak

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Alternative Fuels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternative Fuels   Alternative Fuels EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 7:54 am

rubicon05 wrote:
the more ethanol we use just leads to higher priced food, etc. ......no matter what happens the gov. will screw us
I think the rise in food cost will be minimal because we have so much room to grow corn in this country. If it goes too high, i'll grow some in my back yard and make my own fuel. cheers
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Alternative Fuels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternative Fuels   Alternative Fuels EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 9:08 am

Killer Kodiak wrote:
rubicon05 wrote:
I think the rise in food cost will be minimal because we have so much room to grow corn in this country. If it goes too high, i'll grow some in my back yard and make my own fuel. cheers

hope you have a big backyard
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217

Alternative Fuels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternative Fuels   Alternative Fuels EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 7:57 pm

It won't come from corn it will come from prairie grass/ switch grass. It has a higher ethanol yield and easier to grow than corn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alternative Fuels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternative Fuels   Alternative Fuels Empty

Back to top Go down

Alternative Fuels
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: