SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Riders group fighting proposed land designation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Riders group fighting proposed land designation Empty
PostSubject: Riders group fighting proposed land designation   Riders group fighting proposed land designation EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:20 pm

Powersports Business
Tuesday March 16, 2010

The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) recently told a key U.S. House committee that it opposes a bill to designate 850,000 acres in Colorado as federally protected wilderness.

The AMA noted its opposition in a formal letter dated March 10 to the U.S. House Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands that will be part of the committee report for the bill, H.R. 4289. The AMA also pointed out the measure did not have input from local-elected officials and affected user groups.

“By designating these public lands wilderness, the legislation will close off responsible motorized access to hundreds of thousands of acres,” Ed Moreland, AMA vice president for government relations, said in the letter.

Moreland sent the letter to committee Chairman Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.) and ranking member Rob Bishop (R-Utah) prior to the committee’s hearing on the bill, which was introduced by U.S. Rep. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.).

Moreland noted the affected land isn’t in DeGette’s congressional district, and “to date not one Colorado representative has co-sponsored H.R. 4289. This is very telling — the local population in the area affected does not support this bill.”

The AMA has set up a way for the industry to comment on this issue. Go to AmericanMotorcyclist.com > Rights > Issues and Legislation.

The AMA have really been active on these issues. They are doing alot of leg work trying to make sure some of the best off road riding in the country is kept open. I know I appreciate their efforts. After standing at the top of the Rockies, i know I want to go back there again. And I dont want to have to walk up them. Wink thatsright
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Riders group fighting proposed land designation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riders group fighting proposed land designation   Riders group fighting proposed land designation EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:58 pm

Me to.....hate to see places get closed down....I don't dig walking all that much!
Back to top Go down

Riders group fighting proposed land designation
Page 1 of 1