SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CDI?

Go down 
+5
Mud-and-Guts
ridepate
Smith700
Big-R
bananaclip
9 posters
AuthorMessage
bananaclip

bananaclip

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-02-17

CDI? Empty
PostSubject: CDI?   CDI? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:50 pm

Can you guys list a good computer upgrade (Dynatec, MSD etc) for my 700 rhino? I would like to hear from someone who is running the cdi upgrade and can give me some feedback. I am thinking about the blackrhino cdi upgrade for $250.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

CDI? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDI?   CDI? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:51 pm

bananaclip wrote:
Can you guys list a good computer upgrade (Dynatec, MSD etc) for my 700 rhino? I would like to hear from someone who is running the cdi upgrade and can give me some feedback. I am thinking about the blackrhino cdi upgrade for $250.

I had a dynatec on my rhino for a very short time. I bought it used from a buddy and it work fine on his and not on mine. I sent it back to Dynatec and they sent me a new one (A+ for customer service). I have not installed it on the rhino. However, we are going to try it on smith 700's rhino this weekend. So......... to be continued.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

CDI? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDI?   CDI? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:36 pm

we will see about the dyntek! I have read they are working great on all 09 rhinos, 90% on 08 rhinos.....so i hope it works!
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

CDI? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDI?   CDI? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:44 am

I bought one for a friends 08, it started spitt'in and stalling. Sent it back, as Ronnie said, great customer service,they sent a new one, but it only ran good for a day or two and went back doing the same thing. Thumbs-Down on the Dyna.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

CDI? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDI?   CDI? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:21 am

I tried two Dynatek's on my 450 and they only lasted a short time but they did replace them with no questions ask both times... I am now running the Big Gun with no problems but the bad thing with it is it does not get rid of the reverse rev-limiter..

I got a good friend had the same trouble as me on his 660 so he just went back to stock.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2009-02-10

CDI? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDI?   CDI? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 5:41 pm

I am about to buy a MSD for my 08 700. I have heard nothing but good about it. None of the Dynatek issues are present on the MSD. Costs a little more, but oh well. Gotta pay to play!
Back to top Go down
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-01-25

CDI? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDI?   CDI? EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 3:10 am

I bought the Dynatek and am not impressed. while it has not broke down, the results are not worth the effort and money. I hear much better results from the MSD.
Back to top Go down
rhino nut
SSXSRider Member
rhino nut

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-03-21

CDI? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDI?   CDI? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:19 pm

I have a Dynatek on my 450 an like misterp said have had no problem but cant tell much gains either, Not worth the money.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

CDI? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDI?   CDI? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:24 am

I have heard nothing but problems out of the MSD'S afterr a year or so................Big-R put a Dtnatek on mine today and really woke mine up alot!
Back to top Go down
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2009-02-10

CDI? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDI?   CDI? EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Have never heard, nor read that. The Dynatek's yes. MSD's no.
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

CDI? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDI?   CDI? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:46 pm

BRP isnt a good choice. lots of guys on rhinoforums dont like theirs. i had one and it fried on me one night during a ride. after about an hour of trying to figure why i had no spark anymore we towed it home, plugged in the stock cdi and it fired right up.
Im going to get the tri fire from hunterworks
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

CDI? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDI?   CDI? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Ya, I have a Dynatek on my 700, it works GREAT, but 90% of their units have had the common problem of sputtering, I almost bought the MSD but got to reading and it has also had alot of problems with it also, but not as many as the Dynatek, moto92, there isnt a CDI made for the 700 by HW, so I really don't know......Black Rhino sells the exact same thing as the dynatek for the 700, but with a black rhino sticker on it( http://blackrhinoperformance.com/Products/Stage-II-Performance-Ignition-Rhino-700__PER450011-R7d.aspx) , so I really don't know right now, the Procom unit has been known for blowing up engines, so I would mark the procom out............Right now i would suggest the MSD from Hunterworks, its a little pricer, but comes pre-programmed with fuel curves for various performance mods such as exhaust tip, air filter, cam/piston, muzzy exhaust........MSD best bang for the buck, but I have a Dynatek on mine and I am VERY pleased with it, but they have differences between the 2008 Rhino 700's and the 2009 Rhino 700's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CDI? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDI?   CDI? Empty

Back to top Go down

CDI?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Yamaha-
Jump to: