SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bearings & Brakes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Bearings & Brakes Empty
PostSubject: Bearings & Brakes   Bearings & Brakes EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:03 pm

I ordered EBC heavy duty front and rear brakes for the rhino,and wheel bearings. As the rhino ticked over 3200 miles this weekend,and I would have to be holding it on the floor to get it to stop. And my parking brake wont hold either, so how and where do I buy a parking brake from.and is there any special trick to put my bearings on ?
I have 09 700 Rhino
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Bearings & Brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings & Brakes   Bearings & Brakes EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 1:16 pm

smith700 wrote:
.and is there any special trick to put my bearings on ?
I have 09 700 Rhino

Lots of good info on that in this thread Corey. https://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/yamaha-f8/rhino-wheel-bearings-t5364.htm
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Bearings & Brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings & Brakes   Bearings & Brakes EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:23 pm

Corey.........brakes are too easy. The bearings are a little more complicated. If you have that blind bearing puller from Harbor Freight it makes the job so much easier. The tool is like 40 bucks. Also, if it were me, I would go ahead and change your bushings and spacers if you are gonna have the rear spindles off.

BTW, your emergency brake probably just needs an adjustment. I doubt very seriously if you wore those pads out. The adjustment is easy. Remove your rear skid, unhook the "return" spring on the e-brake arm. Break loose the jamnut, turn the screw clockwise (with a flat screwdriver) until it's tight, then back it off right about halfway, re-tighten the jam nut. A little tip that ChrisC told me too........have the back tires off the ground. Your wheels should spin free. Once you do the adjustment, pull the park brake and you should not be able to turn the rear wheels. I have adjusted mine two times with this method and it works like a charm.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Bearings & Brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings & Brakes   Bearings & Brakes EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:30 pm

I have a buddy that is gonna put bearings on for me. And where is the return spring on e-brake arm at?
THANKS FOR INFO!!!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Bearings & Brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings & Brakes   Bearings & Brakes EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 5:08 pm

smith700 wrote:
I have a buddy that is gonna put bearings on for me. And where is the return spring on e-brake arm at?
THANKS FOR INFO!!!
You can't miss it once you drop the rear skid under the rear diff. You will be looking at the brake caliper and that little mini rotor. The spring will be right there on the arm. Use some long needle-nosed pliers and it is a snap. KEY POINT.....make sure your e-brake is not set when you are doing to adjustment. Do the adjustment, put the spring back on, then set the brake. Your wheels should not be able to roll. allright
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Bearings & Brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings & Brakes   Bearings & Brakes EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:10 pm

Very easy to adjust that Parking brake. Very easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bearings & Brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearings & Brakes   Bearings & Brakes Empty

Back to top Go down

Bearings & Brakes
Page 1 of 1