SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lift Kits

Go down 
+5
wvyankee2
Smith700
moto92
2Slow4U
mudbug59
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mudbug59

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Lift Kits Empty
PostSubject: Lift Kits   Lift Kits EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:33 am

Hello Everyone....I have an 09 Rhino 450 that I want to put a 3 inch lift on.My question is that I,ve seen some cheap ones and some higher priced ones.I was wondering what lift kits some of you have used,and what your feelings were about them.I,m in Louisiana where the mud and water is deep.The only time I get stuck is when I high center.So any help I,d appreciate.
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Lift Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Kits   Lift Kits EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:35 am

From everything I've heard and read, you'll likely have problems with the stock axles and CVs if you put a 3" lift in it. I wouldn't go over 2" myself... YMMV.

So, I'm thinking about what Rubber Down Customs calls their levelling kit -- a 2" lift on the front only. See Mud-and-Guts posts here for descriptions and pics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Lift Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Kits   Lift Kits EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:43 pm

if your interested i have the rubberdown customs lift im going to be selling. ive had no problems with my RDC kit. im looking to move up with a catvos lift.
the RDC gave me about 3" of lift. i believe my height at the skid plates with 26" tires was 13" in the front and 14" in the rear
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Lift Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Kits   Lift Kits EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:47 pm

Yep, Kent is right, Yank and mud&guts have had torn axle boots cause of their RDC kit, but the RDC "leveling" kit they now sell sounds like a good buy, even though I have a CFM Performance lift kit from ebay thats 60$...it said it was a 1 1/2" lift and it gave me 2"....... If you do not ride fast or hard all the time then you can't beat 60$ for it, and the guy told me if it broke he would sent my money back.....
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Lift Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Kits   Lift Kits EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:07 am

smith700 wrote:
Yep, Kent is right, Yank and mud&guts have had torn axle boots cause of their RDC kit....

Not 100% sure the lift caused the torn boot. I took it off because I was not comfortable with the amount of angle my CV's were on. Sometimes I run long distances at 30MPH and above. The CV's were getting pretty hot on those long fast hauls. My boot looked melted and not torn.
Back to top Go down
mudbug59

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Lift Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Kits   Lift Kits EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 8:18 am

I,m still trying to figure out which lift to get.I dont run fast or hard.i usually ease thru the woods.My rhino cost too much to just abuse it.However I do need a little ground clearance.I appreciate all the good advice from you men and I,ll let you know when I install something.I do believe that I,ll stick with a 2 inch lift.I do not want to break an axle,that,s for sure.Thanks again for all your help
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Lift Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Kits   Lift Kits EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 10:08 am

I have a Moose lift on the Rhino. It is cheap and easy to install. However, it will not hold up unless you do some fab work. I like the lift now that it is fixed. You get close to 2" out of it.

If you get a Moose you need to read this thread:

https://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/tech-talk-f26/fixing-the-moose-t5508.htm
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Lift Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Kits   Lift Kits EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 8:35 pm

mudbug59, go to ebay and search 'CFM performance yamaha rhino lift kit....they are great!.....I am like you and don't ride fast or hard at all and they are perfect for just slow trail ridin.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Lift Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Kits   Lift Kits EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 10:35 pm

Yank wrote:
smith700 wrote:
Yep, Kent is right, Yank and mud&guts have had torn axle boots cause of their RDC kit....

Not 100% sure the lift caused the torn boot. I took it off because I was not comfortable with the amount of angle my CV's were on. Sometimes I run long distances at 30MPH and above. The CV's were getting pretty hot on those long fast hauls. My boot looked melted and not torn.

X2

I removed the RDC lift before the first trail ride due to the extreme angles on the front ball joints and angle of the tires.....

Have you ever measured your ground clearance? My rhino set just over two inches lower in the front than the rear which caused the front to take a lot of abuse...

I now have RDC's Leveling kit which offered me 2 inches up front and is extremely heavy duty.....

On my 450 with 3/4 inch lift in the rear the right rear axle hit the frame when the axle was at full drop.... I highly recommend you check for this with any lift(jack it up with the rear tire off the ground to see if the axle clears).... Personally I would not run a lift in the rear..
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Lift Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Kits   Lift Kits EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 10:58 pm

If you have a lift kit and the angle of your tires is changed, something is way wrong. If you are buying those cheep lifts of ebay, remember you get what you pay for. If most everyone one here wasnt so far away, I could set you up with a great custom lift, but that is the way it goes I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Lift Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Kits   Lift Kits EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 11:03 pm

My lifts awesome...............Opps....... wrong machine. 🤡

Lift Kits Flluuv
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Lift Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Kits   Lift Kits EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 11:29 pm

Just because its cheap don't mean it won't work........I DO NO RIDE EVEN CLOSE TO HOW FAST OR HARD YOU GUYS RIDE!!!!!!!! I paid 62$ for a lift which the owner of the site called me and said if it broke, tore up my machine, or anything to that effect.....he said if I just didn't like it that he would pay to have it shipped back and he would give me my money back..... Another thing, why in the world would you be going so fast in the trails to freaking break the bloody thing!?????
Just buy whatever you want, if you don't ride fast or hard.....then just get the lift I mentioned.....I didn't need all this reinforcement super heavy duty whatever........for what I ride its not needed. This is my last word.
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Lift Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Kits   Lift Kits EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 12:13 am

Funny how some of us pay 10k for a machine (some a lot less), then when it comes to a lift for that expensive machine they want to be cheap. It doesnt make a bit of difference to me what lift someone uses. I just cant see wasting money for junk that will probably break and more than likely break something on a persons machine. There is a reason why companies charge 300 or more for there lifts and get it. Because they did the testing and lots of research on what does and doesnt work. Most of the people selling lifts on ebay have no idea what it takes to build a lift or more often dont have a clue what a sxs is. They are ONLY on there to make money, not to serve a repeat customer. This is one reason why our products have never been nor will they ever be sold on ebay.

Smith700 I am just wondering with that great warranty you got with your lift, will he pay the thousands of dollars to rebuild your suspension?
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Lift Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Kits   Lift Kits EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:56 pm

thats why my new lift is a catvos. no chinese knock offs here
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Lift Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Kits   Lift Kits EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:29 pm

moto92 wrote:
thats why my new lift is a catvos. no chinese knock offs here

10-4 on that bro!!!!! pac's right, you get what you pay for...........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lift Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Kits   Lift Kits Empty

Back to top Go down

Lift Kits
Page 1 of 1