SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I lost a very dear Friend last night.

Go down 
+6
AIRBORNE
hillbillyrzrs
DirtDawber
cajuncoot
2Slow4U
Woodtick
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

I lost a very dear Friend last night. Empty
PostSubject: I lost a very dear Friend last night.   I lost a very dear Friend last night. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 3:59 pm

"Old Mike"! Mike was one hell of a man. A mine in Viet Nam blew his left leg off in 1970. He had nine operations trying to save the leg before they cut it all the way off. He had eight more operations fighting infection in the stump and damn near died a half a dozen times before they got it under control. From that period of his life until his passing last night, Mike had eight complete hip replacement operations caused by his injuries and infections. In 2007 Mike went with other friends of mine on an Elk hunt in the mountains of Colo. Thing was, Mike went with a fractured pelvis and an infection running wild. Never whined, never even told the guys till they were on the way home. He asked the guide if he had any penicillin for his horses and would he give Mike a shot? Guide of course said no to that plan. The Viet Cong couldn't kill him. The doctors and their damn knives couldn't kill him. But damn few men can beat old man Cancer! Rest in Peace Sgt. Mike. My friend. My Brother. My Comrade In Arms. This World is now a much lesser place.
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: I lost a very dear Friend last night.   I lost a very dear Friend last night. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:23 pm

God bless him! RIP, Mike. My condolences to you, Coot, and all his friends and comrades...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: I lost a very dear Friend last night.   I lost a very dear Friend last night. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:23 pm

Soldiers Prayer
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: I lost a very dear Friend last night.   I lost a very dear Friend last night. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 5:05 pm

So sorry. I hope you have an eternity of peace, in Heaven, Mike.
Back to top Go down
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: I lost a very dear Friend last night.   I lost a very dear Friend last night. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:36 pm

God bless and we should be thankful for all our vets.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: I lost a very dear Friend last night.   I lost a very dear Friend last night. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:07 pm

Thanks for sharing that. Condolences to his family and all that knew him. Soldiers
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: I lost a very dear Friend last night.   I lost a very dear Friend last night. EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:30 pm

RIP Mike. Prayer
Back to top Go down
Lduke_01
SSXSRider Member
Lduke_01

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-12-29

PostSubject: Re: I lost a very dear Friend last night.   I lost a very dear Friend last night. EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 5:23 am

hate to hear that my thoughts and prayers to the friends and family and God bless our veterans Soldiers
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: I lost a very dear Friend last night.   I lost a very dear Friend last night. EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 11:06 pm

RIP Mike.... Soldiers Sorry for your loss of a great friend, Phil .
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: I lost a very dear Friend last night.   I lost a very dear Friend last night. EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:47 am

Just read. Like the song that I love, There will be a day with no more suffering.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I lost a very dear Friend last night.   I lost a very dear Friend last night. Empty

Back to top Go down

I lost a very dear Friend last night.
Page 1 of 1