SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia

Go down 
+8
Z06-08
Foxfire
Big-R
ridepate
Goose
DOG
Smith700
matt2558
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-11-12

Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia Empty
PostSubject: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Hello everyone! I am trying to put together a ride here in north Georgia sometime soon. I live in Dawson County Georgia and there is a place that is literally five minutes from my home. It isn't the most difficult place, but it had some good jumps, deep mud, and rolling hill dirt trails for some decent runs. I would also be up for setting up a Beasley Knob trip if anyone is up for it. Anybody interested?
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:26 pm

ride-pate, rhinorider259,Z06......are gonna be on this one I would say
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:44 am

thats right just let me know and ill see if we can get togather on it the only major problem i have is i work every other weekend so would have to plan around that.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 7:13 am

Hey I might be interested also!
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 1:44 pm

Well I am off every weekend so if you can list which ones you are off rhinorider259 and we can see if we can figure something out. The place near my house is a lot of fun but not very aggressive. There are some steep hills to play on and a good bit of mud but the rest is rolling hills and jumps. I think we all know Beasley. I am up for either so I am open for suggestions. I was hoping for the second weekend of may, rain or shine.....how is that?
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 2:14 pm

I'll see if I can make it.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 4:15 pm

may 8th i am off so should not be any problems for me just tell me when and where to be.
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 8:52 pm

Good times, lets go for the 8th of May. Now Little Mountain is here in dawsonville and I would say we could cover every trial in around an hour or two depending on speed, so if that sounds a little too short and everyone would rather go to beasley I am ok with that I just figured I would throw Little Mountain out there because one it is free and two while it isn't as large as beasley the trails are nice and wide and there is enough there to get yourself into trouble, but I am up for either spot. Who would like to go where?
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:05 pm

I haven't been to either so I'll see if I can go and go with the crowd.
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

gstaats wrote:
I haven't been to either so I'll see if I can go and go with the crowd.

Sounds Good! The more, the better. Little mountain is definitley an easier ride. There is plenty mud, rock, and hills to play on and try your faith out on, but mostly rolling hills. Beasley is much more aggressive. You're basically riding up and down mountains. The only thing about Little Mountain is on the weekends there is the occasional hunters out there. They are members of a beagle club and they do dog tracking out there. I have gotten the ok from the guys that run the organization, they just ask that whenever we ride to watch out for their dogs that may be out there.....nothing surprising there.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:52 pm

cool !
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:16 pm

I am not sure where everyone is coming from, but do y'all want to try to set a meet time and then head out to the location?
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:24 pm

doesnt matter to me i am in dalton about 60 or 70 miles away from you. it doesnt matter to me if we go to beasley know or ride close to you but the last time (several years ago) i was at beasley it was preety ruff not sure about now. just let me know when and where.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:27 pm

Ok May the 8th is good for me, you guys just tell me where and how to get there.
I'll try to get some of you non-Orange guys signed up...........
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:45 pm

I love to see the members getting to meet each other on rides in their state. You guys have fun and try not to hurt Rhinorider259 Laughing You can do what ever you want to Pate. Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia 13435
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:47 pm

i feel the love tonight. sorry pate
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:50 pm

rhinorider259 wrote:
i feel the love tonight. sorry pate

roflmao roflmao thatsright thatsright Give it time and I'll be picking on you also........
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 8:26 am

Alright lets say Little Mountain then, because I haven't been to Beasley in a long time so I have no idea how rough it is right now. It will probably be easier to set up a meeting point and then we can trailer together out there. There is a new Food Lion in Dawsonville not far from the ride location, so we could all meet there and then head out. That way if anyone needs last minute drinks or food it will be available. How does everyone feel about meeting at 9am? I will get the address for the store today so everyone can use gps or mapquest.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 10:07 am

I'm located about halfway between Atlanta and Macon off I-75. I think it will take me 2 to 3 hours to get to you but thats OK. I think I'll be able to come unless my old brain forgot something.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:00 pm

sounds good i could use the address for the gps thanks.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:01 pm

forgot to metion just decided last night i am going to prentice cooper in chattanooga tommorrow around 10 if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:50 pm

Sounds good! Ok the address the 59 Main Street Dawsonville, GA 30534. Their phone number is 706-344-3979. If that wont pull up you can google the nascar hall of fame in Dawsonville GA and it should bring you to the same place. If there is anyone coming from longer distances and we need to push the meet time back some we can otherwise is 9am good?
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 4:58 pm

All you guys have a great safe time......and remember take a lot of Pics
and video please........... Thanks
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:20 am

gstaats wrote:
I'm located about halfway between Atlanta and Macon off I-75. I think it will take me 2 to 3 hours to get to you but thats OK. I think I'll be able to come unless my old brain forgot something.

Well Little Mountain will be much easier for you because it almost an hour closer than driving all the way to Beasley. You bascially go around or through Atlanta and get on hwy 400 and take it all the way up to Dawsonville. Pretty easy ride.
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:26 am

Also I just wanted to give you all the heads up. This land is owned by a paper mill and they lease it to the Beagle Club. Basically it is just open land that is between both paved sides of Little Mountain road. There are not any bathrooms other than mother nature, and we will likely encounter other riders and/or guys that belong to the Beagle Club running their dogs on tracks. Usually when I see them I back off and tread lightly as to not upset them and lose riding privliges. Just wanted to give the heads up. Also there is PLENTY of areas to get stuck, or play on rocks, or climb hills. The rest are dirt roads that lead all over the place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia   Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia Empty

Back to top Go down

Trying to organize a ride in north Georgia
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next