SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gun owners read

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Gun owners read Empty
PostSubject: Gun owners read   Gun owners read EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:30 pm

Dear Friends,

Got this today from a Professional Gun School. If you have a gun you may want to "Read and Heed"!!

Sam

Fellow Shooters:

I recently had a fellow bring in his Glock to have it checked. This pistol he carried in the car year round and would occasionally take it out for practice. He did this recently and found it would not shoot. When he brought it to me I did a function check with a wood dowel, trigger did not work right and no strike for the striker. I then started disassembly to start checking parts. What I found was that the main internal parts operating the trigger and assisting the striker were deformed or completely melted! In the shop with a little extra tool work I was able to remove all damaged parts from the slide and lower receiver. New parts were ordered and reinstalled with complete success.

The lesson to be learned is to remember that temperatures in our vehicles can get quite high from the sun year round. Many of the polymer pistols have other internal parts that are plastic but not as hard wearing as the grip/lower receiver and not the same material. Just temperatures of 250 degrees can warp, deform, or melt these parts. Our vehicles can reach this temp and more sitting in the sun locked up. Know your weapons and how to treat them. Better yet, wear them instead of keeping them in your vehicle for personal defense!

John C Muir
Eagle Outdoor
316 N 7th ST
Mayfield, KY
270-247-4773
www.eagleoutdoor.net
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Gun owners read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun owners read   Gun owners read EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:42 pm

Thanks for posting this bro, good info...

Mine is never in my truck unless I am. It is either on my side or in the house locked up...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Gun owners read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun owners read   Gun owners read EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:47 pm

great info i have 2 i keep in the trucks ,,NO more!
Back to top Go down
rhinomikey

rhinomikey

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Gun owners read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun owners read   Gun owners read EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:59 pm

Keep mine on me, never leave it in the truck!
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Gun owners read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun owners read   Gun owners read EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:07 am

i always have 1 on me these are extras i keep in the trucks i never go without something
Back to top Go down
Mollieandgil

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Gun owners read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun owners read   Gun owners read EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:54 pm

Yet another reason that I love 1911's. roflmao Yes, a have polymer pistols too.

Years ago I would leave a pistol or revolver in my truck or car. But now there is only one reason that I will go somewhere without a handgun, and that is when I go to work, because they have a rule against that. However, I do not patronize businesses, malls, etc that ban concealed carry. They don't deserve my business.

Great info to know for those polymer parts. I had never consider it. I'll pass it on to freinds.

Thanks,
Gil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gun owners read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun owners read   Gun owners read Empty

Back to top Go down

Gun owners read
Page 1 of 1