SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Covering the bed or not....

Go down 
+2
wvyankee2
matt2558
6 posters
AuthorMessage
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-11-12

Covering the bed or not.... Empty
PostSubject: Covering the bed or not....   Covering the bed or not.... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 7:30 pm

I am having a debate with myself and thought I would open this one up for discussion. After the ride this past weekend my bed was covered with dust, along with the two tools bags mounted in there. I am wondering if I should cover the bed with the hard cargo cover or if I should leave it open like it is now. Does putting the cover on the bed keep the dust out? It was just irritating trying to get the dust off of the bags and out of all of the cracks on the bed. I have also though about line-x for the bed to seal all of the cracks and holes up that it has from Yamaha. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Covering the bed or not....   Covering the bed or not.... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Yep, i had the full bed cover for awhile like Mike has. It does a good job of keeping everything clean and dry. I switched to the Yamaha tool box and leave the back of the bed open to access my cooler. I keep everything but the cooler in the Toolbox.

Cant stand all my stuff covered up with dirt. Mad
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: Covering the bed or not....   Covering the bed or not.... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:05 pm

Yank wrote:
Yep, i had the full bed cover for awhile like Mike has. It does a good job of keeping everything clean and dry. I switched to the Yamaha tool box and leave the back of the bed open to access my cooler. I keep everything but the cooler in the Toolbox.

Thats a good idea! If you use the toolbox do you have to take off the bed rails?
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: Covering the bed or not....   Covering the bed or not.... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:08 pm

Also Yank do you have to take out the tie down anchors in the corners?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Covering the bed or not....   Covering the bed or not.... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:11 pm

matt2558 wrote:
Yank wrote:

Thats a good idea! If you use the toolbox do you have to take off the bed rails?

Yep, Bedrails will have to come off.

matt2558 wrote:
Also Yank do you have to take out the tie down anchors in the corners?

Anchors stay and are still accessable.
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: Covering the bed or not....   Covering the bed or not.... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:19 pm

I just looked on Yamaha. Which box do you have. The metal Diamond plate or the plastic box that rests on the side of the bed?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Covering the bed or not....   Covering the bed or not.... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:26 pm

matt2558 wrote:
I just looked on Yamaha. Which box do you have. The metal Diamond plate or the plastic box that rests on the side of the bed?

Plastic Crossover Toolbox. here is a good pic of it. Notice how secure my cooler is. roflmao

Covering the bed or not.... Rhinodown3
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: Covering the bed or not....   Covering the bed or not.... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Nice! roflmao I would say that is a good angle of it. thatsright
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Covering the bed or not....   Covering the bed or not.... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:44 pm

That is a good angle there Yank!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Covering the bed or not....   Covering the bed or not.... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:56 pm

Nice side-view!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Covering the bed or not....   Covering the bed or not.... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:26 pm

i would not buy the full bed cover, But I have the Yamaha crossover toolbox like Yank has...it will hold all kinds of things and I still can have room in the bed of mine for a spare tire,cooler, 5gal gas, and a chainsaw.....I would not have the Line-X spray done to it...as I bought 30$ can of Herculiner at Northern Tool and it has sticked great, just clean it real good! And the Line-X spray will cost you a very shinny new penny if ya know what I mean!
Back to top Go down
rhinomikey

rhinomikey

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Covering the bed or not....   Covering the bed or not.... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:38 pm

I have a home made cover on my rhino and I duct taped all the holes and cracks, it keps out the dust pretty good.

I have a diamondback cover on my truck and recently they started making them for UTVS, I would like to have one but not in my budget right now.

Website of one dealer:
http://www.discountramps.com/diamondback-utv-bed-cover.htm
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Covering the bed or not....   Covering the bed or not.... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:38 am

rhinomikey wrote:
I have a home made cover on my rhino and I duct taped all the holes and cracks, it keps out the dust pretty good.

Yep, I remember the top you made Mike. Did a hell of a job making it. allright
Back to top Go down
rhinomikey

rhinomikey

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Covering the bed or not....   Covering the bed or not.... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Yank wrote:
rhinomikey wrote:

Yep, I remember the top you made Mike. Did a hell of a job making it. allright

Thanks!

I would really like to have one of those diamondback covers though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Covering the bed or not....   Covering the bed or not.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Covering the bed or not....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Yamaha-
Jump to: