SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wilborns Feburary 2nd

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Wilborns Feburary 2nd Empty
PostSubject: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 6:49 pm

Who all is still in for having a small UTV ride at Wilborns located in Hanceville, Alabama on Saturday Feb. 2nd. This day has been talked about and want to see who will be defintly in.

Wheels and Tellico450 are you two still in?

Everyone this won't be a official club ride, its mainly for people who live kind of close by or don't mind driving to do some riding.
Back to top Go down
bamaboy

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 8:09 pm

Count me in. There will be about 5 in my group. This will be our first time there. Do yall know the trails?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 11:29 pm

Hey ATV_Rick me and about maybe 10-15 might join in on the Ride :) Pretty Cool place to Ride :)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 11:59 pm

I'm in... don't know the trails all that well though.

i'm pretty sure Tellico is in as well.

dang, 5-6 in one group and 10-15 in another... geez, this is going to be a big group ride. good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 4:25 am

Great if you all can make it this will be the best ride at Wilborns yet. Around 20+ utv's......

I have riidden Wilborns several times on the ATV but never on a SxS. Anyways I can navigate those trails pretty good. Is everyone else kind of new at Wilborns.

Lets make some tentative rounte plans:

We can make a small loop around the trails closest to parking area. Head down dirt road going by fishing pond. Head straight throught the intersection of trails. You will see a trail to the left that says "Extreme Area". This trail has 1 big hill in it but once you get down it, theres nouthing to it. Follow this trail to the bottom and I believe you turn left onto the next dirt road. Then do a full 90 degrees onto the next dirt road. It turns into a smaller trails somewhere around there.

This rounte so far will take us to the interstate (down below it) and the creek. We can come up the back side of the mtn on the way out. Also if you want mud there is "Skyview Lake" which is where the Wilborns mudbog is held. There are other trails to take you down the mtn an stuff but those are the easiest directions I remember.

If anyone has a better tenative rounte then post it away.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 7:09 am

Also they open at 8:00am that morning to I think 5pm. Everyone lets try to get to Wilborns at 8:00am, get paid an signed in. Get parked an unloaded an ready to ride by 8:30am.

Also do you all want to do a cookout at lunchtime on this ride. They have some camp\lunch areas throught the trails we could park at; set up a grill an stuff. Or they usually serve some hot lunch meals back next to where you pay at. If you all want to ride awhile and then go back to camp for lunch then head back out on the trails for a few more hours.

We have options..... Otherwise this should turn out to be a great day of riding.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 2:58 pm

I wont be making this one its a 3.5 hour drive for me, its 25 miles farther than windrock.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 3:05 pm

Gunrunner, hopefully you will make it over this way one day! Just make sure you make it to the OFFICIAL CLUB RIDE @ WINDROCK on March 1. I guess I am going to be herding the Rhinos myself at Wilborns. Gunrunner I will be there on a Prowler so i'll keep them in line LOL!

Everyone if it all possible come on out on th 2nd of Feberary for some awesome riding at Wilborns! Should be a fun one.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 11:49 pm

gunrunner= slacker lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 3:52 am

Is everyone that was planning to come to this ride; still going to attend? Also who wants to meet at the Citgo station right off of Exit 299 at 8am in the morning. I will stop there an wait and some can convoy into the trails at the same time, that way you all know the easiest way to get there.

CITGO STATION RIGHT OFF EXIT-299 @ 8:00AM on SATURDAY

If you choose to go straight to the trails meet at 8:30am, look for the Prowler an Rhinos.
Back to top Go down
bamaboy

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 9:51 am

I will be coming from Hanceville. I will be there around 8am. Should will be at least two Rhino's and four ATV's. We are planning on riding all day.

Are there any plans for coming back to the truck for lunch. Thought I could bring the charcoal grill and have some dogs.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 11:32 am

I mentioned that in above posts myslef bamaboy. If we want I will get a smaller grill and bring down and some hamburgers\hot dogs myslef. Does everyone want to start at 8am ride too like 11:30am then come back to the trucks. Grill some an by 1:00pm head back out an explore the trails some more.

Bamaboy if we want to haul the grills\food and stuff there are some lunch spots thoughtout the atv park. I am sure you have seen the signs. Being as we are all on SxS's we could just haul the stuff an stop along the trails somewhere.

Grilling alongside the creek would be a good place to take a break.

Anyways I am up for that.... everyone do you all like this plan along with Bamaboy's
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:48 am

Who all is still in as this ride gets closer? Who else wants to do the cookout during the ride? we need some comments...

I am in and will be on the Prowler. Just got it back a few min ago. New Diff Seals, New Axle, New Wheel Studs, Fresh Service.... Are you Rhinos ready to keep up with a Prowler??
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:43 pm

if my brother(from culman) goes.. i'll be coming in from hanceville. if he doesn't, i'll be coming in from I65.

Rick(Tellico) started another thread about what to bring... i just posted in it. I was thinking about bringing italian sausage...

EDIT: as i remember it ATV_Rick... it was the prowler that couldn't keep up with the Rhino's. lol!
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:51 pm

Who's bringing a grill and what do we need to bring.....food for ourselves to make or are we going to cook for all involved? Somebody let me know!
Back to top Go down
bamaboy

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 9:55 am

Hey guys, sorry for a late reply, I had to go out of town for the last day and half. I plan on bringing a small charcoal grill to cook on. It is one of those cheap disposable ones from walmart for 20 bucks. It is about on its last leg, but is very clean. It can hold 20 or so dogs on it. I have also got another small gas grill that will hold a couple items also. I will also load it up. So really, If there is alot of folks, my thinking is that will will need to keep to dogs and sausage since we are limited on cooking space.

I am packing only enuff food for my group. Which will be around six of us. I figured three or so packs of dogs and equal buns and all the fixins. I will have some extra if someone needs stuff. Don't be shy.

So feel free to cook what ever on the grills that I am bringing. Let me know if you feel we need to do something different.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 3:38 pm

Bamaboy are you going to try an secure it all in the bed of a rhino and then stop for lunch around the creek, or come back to the trucks?

I will bring some hot dogs, hot dog buns, ketchup, mustard, chips an that kind of stuff. I was planning to buy one of those small camping grills, walmart has one on sale for like $50 and it runs off the little small propane cylinders. Has anyone used those camping grills lately?

So everyone we should have enough food\drinks\sides for everyone. Tellico450 don't worry about bringing much and the rest from the forums also. Between what I bring and Bamaboy brings we should have plenty.
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 4:20 pm

Well we will bring some hotdogs and some hamburger meat just to be safe. We have the cooking grill that runs off propane cylinders. I will see if I can locate it and bring it!
Back to top Go down
bamaboy

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 4:28 pm

I will bring both and see how well we can secure it. If worse, we will have to go back to the truck. I was talking to another couple folks this morning from a club call the "Mudpuppies" and some of there members are also riding Sat. at Wilborns. So there should be lots of folks there Sat. along the trails.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 4:50 pm

Theres also a thread started on BoggersUnlimited an Bamaboggers. I think some of them are going on saturday. I am a paying member of those clubs.

Bamaboy are you all going to try to be there between 8am-8:30am?

Is anyone going to meet at the Citgo? If not I will be going straight to the trailhead.

Bamaboy if you can't fit the bigger grills, we will just take the smaller camp grill out and use it. I bet that one will be able to cook all the food on. I will get a couple extra propane cyclinders, not sure how long them small ones last.
Back to top Go down
bamaboy

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 10:16 pm

I am going to try and be at the site by 8am. I will be in a silver-blue Z71 with Camo rhino. It will take my group a few minutes to get unloaded and ready. With all this rain this week, it should make for a good ride.

I am assuming that someone knows all the trails. This will be our first trip.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 7:37 am

I will also be there at 8am, everyone don't stop at the CITGO.. Just go straight to the trails!

Look for a 2002 Red Chevy Silverado ext cab with a Lime Green Prowler behind it.

Someone posted in here that they knew the trails real well an wanted to do some leading would have to scroll back up to find out who it was. I have ridden it myself 3-4 time I guess its been. So I can navigate it for everyone if needed.

Tentative Rounte If I picked it:

Make a loop around the upper part of trails close to parking area.
Head down dirt road past the fishing pond, up hill.
You will come to 4 trails, turn left.
Follow this for awhile until we get to ""skyview lake"" (This is where all the mudbogs go on at, awesome water an mud riding)
Leave skyview lake an come back up an turn down the Extreme trail, to the bottom of the mtn.
Head towards the creek which is right next to/under the interstate.
IF we waste enough time beforehand we can set-up an do some grilling.
We will choose a rounte an come out the back way, on the canyon side of things.

How does everyone feel about that rounte? I got to pick up extra food items today an buy a small camping grill. Other than that I should be ready.
Back to top Go down
bamaboy

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 9:15 am

Sounds like a winner.

What do you mean by extreme?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 9:31 am

There are some very EXTREME places there, I have not been down them an not going too. The one trail I am thinking of is marked Extreme. Its one of the first trails you come too.

I turned around at the trail before too, first time there rode it by myself. Last time I went down this trail an there is one mildly steep hill, its not real bad and the rest is just trail. The extreme trail I call extreme is not bad at all. I haven't been down any of the really big stuff, probably haven't even seen the big stuff.

You get into Addison Canyon, there are some major hills. Be careful during the ride we do not want anyones bike totaled and towed back. We do not want anyone airlifted out, and heard they had several last year.

Everyone If I lead and You all Follow We will be on easier trails with maybe one or two hill climbs thrown in.

See everyone at 8:00am tomorrow!
-Rick (256-679-1635)

Thats my cell phone if you have any problems.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 7:16 pm

Is everyone still coming tomorrow morning to ride?

Who else is bringing food items for the lunchtime cookout? I will have a camp grill and enough food for 24 hotdogs, chips. Everyone pack the drinks you want on your own ride. I'll have some Mtn Dews in the cooler but not going to bring the whole case.

Is everyone Ok with the rounte I mentioned above, other than that we will just cruise an explore some side roads an trails also. Should be an awesome day.

Everyone remember your cameras!! I will have mine with me and try to get some good pictures for the site. Whatever you all take please post them or e-mail them to me also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wilborns Feburary 2nd   Wilborns Feburary 2nd Empty

Back to top Go down

Wilborns Feburary 2nd
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next