SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV Empty
PostSubject: Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV   Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:22 pm

Do you guys know much, if anything, about these things? I've seen a few dealerships that handle Kymcos, but I've never seen one of these machines.

How does Taiwanese quality compare to the other, Communist Chinese manufacturers?

I've heard pretty good things about this 500cc engine...

Preview of the DirtTrax episode: http://www.atvmag.com/article.asp?nid=1786

Kymco website: http://www.kymcousa.com/showroom/utvs/uxv500/

Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV UXV500_0005
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
medicpm

medicpm

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV   Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:01 pm

I have one of these. Just over 700 miles so far with no corrective maintenance needed. It's not really a sport machine, but not a dog either. It's a bit wider than a Rhino and doesn't have the tightest turning radius. Build quality is good. Suspension parts are seem heavy-duty enough and well made. It's certainly leagues above all those china rhino copies. The Kymco branded accessories are made by Kolpin.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV   Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:44 pm

They have been making powersports for years. The product looks good. I'm going to try to watch the show. Thanks Kent for the info. allright
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

PostSubject: Re: Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV   Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 9:09 am

medicpm wrote:
I have one of these. Just over 700 miles so far with no corrective maintenance needed. It's not really a sport machine, but not a dog either. It's a bit wider than a Rhino and doesn't have the tightest turning radius. Build quality is good. Suspension parts are seem heavy-duty enough and well made. It's certainly leagues above all those china rhino copies. The Kymco branded accessories are made by Kolpin.
Good to hear some firsthand feedback. That 500cc is much more powerful than a Rhino 450, though the machine weighs a hundred pounds more, or so.

1. How fast will it go? I'm just curious as to how they have it geared...

2. How does it compare in size to a Teryx, which is also wider than a Rhino...

3. Have you had any issues with parts availability? That's always a concern with a new product, new dealer network, etc.

I'm glad to see more choices in the under $10K machines. IMO, that's a very good thing...
Back to top Go down
medicpm

medicpm

PostSubject: Kymco   Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 7:05 pm

KentT wrote:
medicpm wrote:
Good to hear some firsthand feedback. That 500cc is much more powerful than a Rhino 450, though the machine weighs a hundred pounds more, or so.

1. How fast will it go? I'm just curious as to how they have it geared...

2. How does it compare in size to a Teryx, which is also wider than a Rhino...

3. Have you had any issues with parts availability? That's always a concern with a new product, new dealer network, etc.

I'm glad to see more choices in the under $10K machines. IMO, that's a very good thing...

Mine is stock; It'll do an indicated 47mph. I've not GPS'd it, but I think 45 would be more accurate. I'm thinking about putting a stiffer spring in the secondary clutch which will probably drop top speed a bit.

It looks to be about the same size as the Teryx. It has around 12" of ground clearance.

I've not had any trouble getting stuff for it. It uses a common oil filter and shares engine and CVT parts with other 500cc Kymco machines (the MXU and a scooter).
Aftermarket accessories are slim. The Kymco stuff (Kolpin) is good. There are two dealers within an hour's drive of me (Glasgow, KY and Cookeville, TN).
The wheels are 4x110mm. I'm still running stock, but it makes shopping easy.
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

PostSubject: Re: Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV   Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:20 am

Thanks! Assuming it is reliable, it is certainly a value with the MSRP on the base model is $8099. The black LE model has a $9499 MSRP and comes with a full windshield, Seizmik soft cab enclosure, Kolpin storage rail system, 3000 lb winch, aluminum wheels and the same Maxxis tires as the Rhino.

I watched some videos of it, and it looks like the suspension is quite smooth. Some reviewers comment on that, too. Not a bad looking machine at all...

Review: http://www.atvriders.com/atvreviews/kymco-2010-uxv500-le-utv-sxs-ride-review.html

Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV Kymco-2010-uxv-500-le-utv-sxs-black-side-angle

Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV Kymco-2010-uxv-500-le-utv-sxs-black-roll-cage

Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV Kymco-2010-uxv-500-le-utv-sxs-black-rear-exhaust

Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV Kymco-2010-uxv-500-le-utv-sxs-black-winch

Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV Kymco-2010-uxv-500-le-utv-sxs-black-dump-box

Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV Kymco-2010-uxv-500-le-utv-sxs-seats

Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV Kymco-2010-uxv-500-le-utv-sxs-red-dashboard

Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV Kymco-2010-uxv-500-le-utv-sxs-glove-box

Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV Kymco-2010-uxv-500-le-utv-sxs-gear-shifter

Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV Kymco-2010-uxv-500-le-utv-sxs-black-roost

Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV Kymco-2010-uxv-500-le-utv-sxs-black-hauling

Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV Kymco-2010-uxv-500-le-utv-sxs-suspension-front

Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV Kymco-2010-uxv-500-le-utv-sxs-suspension-axle

One with more accessories installed:

Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV Kymco-2010-uxv-500-le-utv-sxs-green-mud

Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV   Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:01 am

It seems to be a decent built machine. The only thing I can see from the pics that I don't like is the spindles and hubs. They are very small for a machine that size. The fit and finish is very nice.
Back to top Go down
medicpm

medicpm

PostSubject: Re: Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV   Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:37 am

It has a locking gas cap and steel braided brake lines...unusual for a budget machine.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV   Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:42 am

medicpm wrote:
It has a locking gas cap and steel braided brake lines...unusual for a budget machine.

Yes it is. It seems to have been built to last. That is why I don't understand the size of the spindle and hub. scratch
Back to top Go down
medicpm

medicpm

PostSubject: Re: Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV   Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 11:17 am

Big-R wrote:
medicpm wrote:

Yes it is. It seems to have been built to last. That is why I don't understand the size of the spindle and hub. scratch

It may be relative. I looked at a RZR4 last weekend. The a-arms on the UXV look heavier and thicker than the stock Polaris ones.
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

PostSubject: Re: Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV   Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Here's their coverage -- surprisingly positive. They raved about the build quality. Only real complaint was vibration from this big single, and the perhaps questionable dealer network and support. Overall, they think it has a good chance of surviving and prospering in the market, because of it's quality. They didn't really do a a head-to-head with the Rhino 450 or Ranger 400, only acknowledging that that is the competition...

Pretty good review, IMO.

Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV   Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 5:20 pm

Well at least they didnt use gay intro music. WTH? I wanna run out and get a teddy bear. It seems like a good machine though. Note to Kimco: you can borrow some of my CDs for the next intro, your selection is obviously limited.
Back to top Go down
medicpm

medicpm

PostSubject: Kymco   Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Their review definitely was favorable. For me, it's been nothing but reliable. It's best point is that it's a good value for someone like me who didn't want to drop the kid's college fund to find out if they would like/use a sxs. All the other units that I looked at for around the same price I paid for mine were used and pretty well spent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV   Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV Empty

Back to top Go down

Kymco 500 UXV to be on next episode of DirtTrax TV
Page 1 of 1