SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My cage Idea

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-01-22

My cage Idea Empty
PostSubject: My cage Idea   My cage Idea EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 9:38 pm

I was board and thinking of cage Ideas and this is what i came up with.
I want the rear seats facing backwards (the kids will stay cleaner), and i don't like the way most cages look with the squared off back section. Im also taking off a few inches from the top and adding a trail stinger for the front bumper like you see on Jeeps. Spare tire carrier and a cooler cage on the back. Of course I will have to make sure the top of the cage is tall enough to be safe for everyone inside. I will be ordering steel next week and get this thing started soon. The wife wants to start riding and camping so were are looking at the July ride fore sure.
My cage Idea RhinoCage1
Back to top Go down
erskin18

erskin18

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-03-23

My cage Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage Idea   My cage Idea EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 10:00 pm

That looks cool. I want to put a new cage on mine. :afro:
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-04-03

My cage Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage Idea   My cage Idea EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 10:24 pm

The cage looks cool. I'm not a big fan of the front "stingers", but that's just my opinion, and we all know what they say about opinions. Laughing
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

My cage Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage Idea   My cage Idea EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 12:18 am

my gf's dad put a jeep seat in the back rear facing and the kids hit their heads on the roll cage multiple times
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My cage Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage Idea   My cage Idea EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 1:10 am

Looks Great :) I have our seat facing Backwards and never have that Problem :) Of course it has the Mount and the seat Back is probably 3-4 inches from front of Bed :) Next thing id Rear Cage for ours like stated about time for the Family Rides Laughing
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

My cage Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage Idea   My cage Idea EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 7:28 am

love the design - but I caution you on taking a few inches off the top - especially with rear facing kid seats - need all the crumple room you can get - worst case scenario I know, but has to be considered....

I thought about lowering mine - decided against it when I put on my 4 pt harn and moto-x helmet.... just not enough room as it as really..... I do love that rear tire carrier and angled rear end definitely!
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217

My cage Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage Idea   My cage Idea EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 8:01 pm

Yea, I need to order the rear seat first and get that mounted to figure out how much room I need. A friend suggested keeping it the stock height just in case I decide to sell it someday and upgrade the buyer will not have any issues that may break the deal.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My cage Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage Idea   My cage Idea EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 9:53 pm

Clutch wrote:
Yea, I need to order the rear seat first and get that mounted to figure out how much room I need. A friend suggested keeping it the stock height just in case I decide to sell it someday and upgrade the buyer will not have any issues that may break the deal.

My cage is lowered by 4-inches, used the BRP lowering bases, with my helment on ,I have no clearence issues, I'm 5-8.
Jimbo
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

My cage Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage Idea   My cage Idea EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 6:50 am

I've got the PDS FAb Seat Lowering bases - 6'1" and there is an issue with my helmet on. not a big one - but on some whoops I can feel it already. i suggest sitting in with gear on and have someone physically measure - we didi this in mine and I have 1" of clearance with my helmet
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My cage Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage Idea   My cage Idea EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 12:12 pm

rcmass wrote:
I've got the PDS FAb Seat Lowering bases - 6'1" and there is an issue with my helmet on. not a big one - but on some whoops I can feel it already. i suggest sitting in with gear on and have someone physically measure - we didi this in mine and I have 1" of clearance with my helmet

Heard that. I've got about 2 inches clearence ,sinched-down, aftermarket seats would probbly not work in mine, but honsetly execpt for the lack of side-bolsters, I like the stockers. Another plus for lowered cages is the reduction of tree drag, we've all done it, leaned the cage over and scraped a tree. Nothing at all wrong with the stocker or it's height, I honselty feel too vunerable with the stock cage,although they must be strong, I've seen them take some pretty hard hits.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

My cage Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage Idea   My cage Idea EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:21 am

onething i also forgot - is after market cage top cross pieces are in a much better place than the stock cage cross pieces, so i csn see why it would be a ton easier to get more room with an aftermarket cage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My cage Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cage Idea   My cage Idea Empty

Back to top Go down

My cage Idea
Page 1 of 1