SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats the story behind your username?

Go down 
+12
Sporto
Rhino Rob
2Slow4U
Foxfire
Goose
Gimpy
Big-R
cajuncoot
KY. Colonel
Smith700
AIRBORNE
Mud-and-Guts
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Whats the story behind your username? Empty
PostSubject: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:46 pm

I guess I could start....

The Mud (in Mud-and-Guts) comes mostly from the riding we done 5-6 years ago.. Back then we would spend all day riding and not cover more than 50ft playing in the mud...

The guts comes from climbing banks/hills.. When we were into the sport bikes all my riding buddies called me crazy because I loved the thrill of climbing steep banks and almost letting mine get away from me on many occasions..

I still love the mud and the thrills but don't get to play as much as I once did...

Mud-and-Guts
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:02 pm

Served in the 82nd Airborne
Served in the 101st Airborne

I was a LT when I got active into ATV forums so I came up with "Airborne LT". I shortened it to just Airborne once I got promoted from Lieutenant to Captain.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:57 pm

Smith....came from my real name.....Corey Smith
The "700" originally was from the motor in my Grizzly on the Windrock board. Then I got a 700 Rhino and decided to keep it the same.
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:50 am

I was comissioned into the honorable order of Ky. Colonels in '72 after being selected to participate in the Kuait re-construction project (never took place) . I was a local construction co. owner at the time with a background in restoration. Seemed an appropriate "handle".
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:12 pm

well i am cajun by birth and i always wear a ol greasy ballcap like ol cooter on the dukes of hazard so cooter is my nickname but i added cajun to the front for the sites !
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:55 pm

I have a buddy that has been lifting weights since his was a teenager. He is my height and about 185lbs of muscle. He has always called me Big-R. I thought it was funny so I use it as my user name.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:22 pm

Mine came from a bad limp I used to have, until this year. I had a hip replacement in 2005. 2 weeks later it got a staff infection that almost took that leg. The surgeon left the cup in the pelvis loose (he did not know how to remove to clean the infection) so the screws broke off and tore up the pelvis bones. Had a third surgery, along with bone marrow work, from a different surgeon, 10 months later. Still limp some, but a lot better. Friends tried to cheer me by calling me "GIMPY".
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:45 pm

I go by Gus and a guy at work got funny and calls me Goose. So I thought I'd use it.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Well......Do any of ya know what "Foxfire" is.........I'll wait to see if there are any correct answers, then I'll give the explanation.
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:42 am

Foxfire series of books and magazines, out of the Rabun GA school project are simply a great source of the "oral tradition" of the Southern Appalachians.

http://www.foxfire.org/

Dunno if this has anything to do with Fox's handle or not, nor if his has anything to do with with fungi found in the woods on rotting logs:

http://inamidst.com/lights/foxfire

That's where the name for the books/magazines came from...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:10 am

wasnt it a jet ???
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:17 am

cajuncoot wrote:
wasnt it a jet ???

There's RC jets called "Foxfire" but if you're thinking of the Clint Eastwood movie about him stealing a Soviet fighter plane, that was "Firefox".. good filck if you like airplanes!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083943/

Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXaS2EQrX7Q
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:29 am

yep its an lichen when stepped on at night gives off an incandescent glow.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:46 am

thanks kent ,been bugging me all day since the post i thought it was fire fox and i loved that movie !! to many years have warped the brain EZRA Bottoms Up
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:40 pm

Foxfire wrote:
Well......Do any of ya know what "Foxfire" is.........I'll wait to see if there are any correct answers, then I'll give the explanation.

Uh maybe some chick said "Look at that "Fox" in that Arctic Cat?"..........He's on "Fire"!.......Hence "Firefox".
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:43 pm

Doh! Rolling Eyes ....Foxfire...Sorry!!
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:46 pm

roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao WTF HIM A FOX ??? Looks good kidding
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:26 pm

cajuncoot wrote:
Whats the story behind your username? 729242 Whats the story behind your username? 729242 Whats the story behind your username? 729242 Whats the story behind your username? 729242 Whats the story behind your username? 918999 HIM A FOX ??? Whats the story behind your username? 792182 Whats the story behind your username? 882779

She must of been Drunk too! Whats the story behind your username? 729242 Whats the story behind your username? 882779 Bro!
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:07 pm

They have been calling me BIG D at work for twenty years, i guess first name Darrell 6-4 ,295lb born in 57
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:15 pm

Foxfire wrote:

Foxfire Kilnamona

A tractor

A city

A fire truck

HELLIFIKNOW

Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:15 pm

KentT wrote:
Foxfire series of books and magazines, out of the Rabun GA school project are simply a great source of the "oral tradition" of the Southern Appalachians.

http://www.foxfire.org/

Dunno if this has anything to do with Fox's handle or not, nor if his has anything to do with with fungi found in the woods on rotting logs:

http://inamidst.com/lights/foxfire

That's where the name for the books/magazines came from...

You, are on the right track......but did not complete the mission.

Rhino Rob wrote:
yep its an lichen when stepped on at night gives off an incandescent glow.

You sir, completed the mission! The Pete has over 250 LED lights on it....and glows in the dark. Yes you may be a Chicken hauler if you have more lights on the inside of your truck than you have in your house... :)

Sporto wrote:
Foxfire wrote:

Uh maybe some chick said "Look at that "Fox" in that Arctic Cat?"..........He's on "Fire"!.......Hence "Firefox".

Now Sporto......you sir win the prize!!!!!!! Sure wish it could have gone the way you discribed :) :)
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:17 pm

My son who was 5 when I bought my Rhino. He called it a noceris instead of a Rhino for some reason. First name David. Soooo Nocerisdave.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Well I use to shoot pool Pretty much any chance I got from the age 15 Up to my early 20s. When I was about 18 I got a computer. Had some friends that played computer games and got me to play. First thing they said you need an Online name. I said like what? They said how bout 8ball since all you do is play pool? So for a couple years it was 8ball.. But since there is a million 8balls online I added the 99. This was back in the 90s when everyone had pagers.. I always put 99 after my number so my friends knew it was me.. 99 was WW on a phone keypad. WW stands for William Waddell.. So 8ball_99 lol.
I sold my pool table several years ago. Put a wall up turned my game room into my oldest sons room while my wife was pregnant with our youngest. Pretty much never play pool anymore, but the online name has stuck..
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:06 am

You sir, completed the mission! The Pete has over 250 LED lights on it....and glows in the dark. Yes you may be a Chicken hauler if you have more lights on the inside of your truck than you have in your house... :)

Sporto wrote:
Foxfire wrote:

Now Sporto......you sir win the prize!!!!!!! Sure wish it could have gone the way you discribed :) :)

Hell, I didn't even think about the Pete! "It ain't bird or a plane, its Foxfire in the Hammer Lane, Looking ever so neat in his air ride seat!" Cluck, Cluck, Chickin' Truck!! Whats the story behind your username? 530967
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:03 am

10-4 Sporto.......10-4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the story behind your username?   Whats the story behind your username? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats the story behind your username?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next