SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AMA - 130 Million Acres to be Designated Wilderness?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Lyin King

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-07-29

AMA - 130 Million Acres to be Designated Wilderness?  Empty
PostSubject: AMA - 130 Million Acres to be Designated Wilderness?    AMA - 130 Million Acres to be Designated Wilderness?  EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:49 pm

The AMA and ATVA's concerns are based on the America's Great Outdoors (AGO) initiative and the release of troubling Department of the Interior (DOI) internal documents that suggest up to 130 million acres be designated Wilderness and National Monument areas. These Wilderness and National Monument designations may make the land off limits to responsible off-highway riders.

http://www.ama-cycle.org/legisltn/rapidresponse.asp
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: AMA - 130 Million Acres to be Designated Wilderness?    AMA - 130 Million Acres to be Designated Wilderness?  EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:19 am

"These Wilderness and National Monument designations may make the land off limits to responsible off-highway riders"

If it were not for the Irresponsible ones, we would still have tellico.
Been on too many rides and seen Irresponsible behavior off the designated trails to make me want to ride with large groups anymore. What was sad was the others encouraging the actions.

" when one tugs at a single thing in nature,he finds it attached to the rest of the world" -- John Muir
Back to top Go down
The Lyin King

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: AMA - 130 Million Acres to be Designated Wilderness?    AMA - 130 Million Acres to be Designated Wilderness?  EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 11:31 am

Yup, not only are we fighting the greenies and Administration . . . we are fighting our fellow OHV folks!!! Granted they are a small percentage of OUR OHV Community but it seems they are always those who are captured on camera by conservation types.

I consider myself a motorized environmentalist, Treading Lightly and following the laws whenever I enjoy our great outdoors.

I'm coming up on a decade of membership with the BRC and have recreated via motorized means over 40 years which is why I'm so concerned about issues such as these; I've seen them many times before.

Unlike previous land grabs done by OUR Public Servants on the fringe of the law and usually on their last days in office, this Administration doesn't care about the law nor waiting until they get the boot or time out before they pull a fast one.

The Administration’s goal is to lock up massive areas of OUR Public Lands driven by the agenda of wealthy conservation groups and fueled by the acts of idiots like you mention.

They will accomplish this without congressional authorization using the Antiquities Act. In conjunction with this tact, they will take hundreds of individual bills which should be considered individually by their merits and toss them all into a GIANT "Omnibus" Public Lands package which they will then ram through the House and Senate and up OUR collective arses like they did last year.

I'd like to see more folks who recreate via motorized means become BlueRibbon Coalition members or at the very least take a few minutes, get involved (knowledge is power) and drop their Public Servants an email voicing their concern over matters such as this land grab.

People please for the sake of your recreation, that of your children and grand children . . . be someone who makes things happen, not one who stands around wondering what happened!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AMA - 130 Million Acres to be Designated Wilderness?    AMA - 130 Million Acres to be Designated Wilderness?  Empty

Back to top Go down

AMA - 130 Million Acres to be Designated Wilderness?
Page 1 of 1