SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

lets here your story

Go down 
+9
roadiestar
ridepate
MuddyBuddy
Foxfire
nocerisdave
cajuncoot
KY. Colonel
Big-R
Craig_C
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

lets here your story Empty
PostSubject: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:41 pm

I know everyone has had one of those "why the hell did i do that" moments so here is mine.been around 20 years ago i had a 220 bayou been riding all day no wrecks got stuck few times no big deal.got back to parking lot getting ready to load up decided i would do a doughnut and flipped it over.jerked it back up trying to get it back on all 4 wheels before anyone seen me headed for the 2x6 home made ramps and flipped again!!!let it lay on its side drunk a cold beer and just laughed about it along with everyone else! those were some good times.
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:25 pm

Warming up my old Cannondale in a feild at a charity ride, no helmet, no gear, long story short, tried to just spin it around, caught a rut......few trips to the chiropractor later all was well!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:38 pm

I was riding my girl friends 110 Honda three wheeler (my 200 X needed a new timing chain). The 110 would vapor lock from time to time. Well I was climbing a hill and it vapor locked. I started rolling backwards down the hill. So I hit the brakes hard..... the rear ones Embarassed over it went, right on top of me. The handle bar manage to go under my full face helmet and bust my chin. Five stitches....
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:02 am

About ten years ago,when I was still fit enough to be stupid, I let myself be talked into going dirt bike riding with a bunch of my Thursday night Rider(TNR) buddies even though I knew I hadn't ridden any dirt for at least a year. We were riding at the Cave Run Lake primitive area. About four miles from the trucks and just enough mileage for me to begin to think I was the fastest and most skilled person ever on a dirtbike. I had worked my up to second place in our impromptu woods race.
in the process of passing for the lead I crashed, as I was going down I got really stupid and stuck my left arm out to catch myself. When I got to the hospital in Lexington The X-ray revealed 37 major fractures beginning mid humeris and continuing fhru the shoulder socket and humeris ball. Thank goodness that my sister was dating an orthopedic surgeon who was skilled in unuasual cases. He performed the six hour surgery the next morning where he found and discarded more than 100 bone fragments and installed three plates, twelve bolts and several feet of wire. He told me later that he removed the arm and did most of the repair with it lying on my chest. Only Stuart and God could ave repaired the arm but they did and ...i regained almost 98 percent of use over the next few years. However in march of 2007 I suffered two major strokes in one afternoon. The second stroke killed my left arm to this day. I have learned to walk again but the arm and hand remains immobile. My physical therapists attribute this to the previous damage. But I keep working on it just in case it comes back to life.

P.S. As I was still under anethesia my wife sold my dirtbike to one of my riding buddies. He still rides ol'"bonebreaker" every chance he gets.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:03 am

i was 17 just bought my kawasaki 1000 ltd .rode over to my girlfriends and started riding the honda mini trail 50 and old trail 90 around the yard , jumped the 50 over the driveway and POW !! straight into the side of the barn !! Her dad then said do you think your big enough to ride that 1000 ?? we all laughed about that for years ! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:28 pm

KX 250....riding hard during a hare scramble pulled up to wheelie through a mud hole and the front wheel washed out.....so I was headed toward a flying W before the right side bar stopped me by way of the rib section, and broke one rib. The other side then hyper extend my thumb. The bar that got me in the ribs broke completely off. Guess my unlucky bones are ribs.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 10:02 am

This was before SXS's were even around......snowmobiling one night in an old gravel pit...
went haulin up a bank getting out from the bottom of the pit. Went airborne at the top of the bank and as I was flying through the air I see these little sticks in my head light.
The farther I flew, the bigger the stick became.....until I came to a dead stop into the trunk of the tree that held all of the little sticks.....that was at about 40 mph. Cut right knee to the bone and shattered right knee cap into 3 pieces. Broke half of the intake manifold and carb off engine with said knee.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 10:04 pm

About 8 years ago I was spelunking in north GA when i volunteered to be the first one to try this narrow wet rock walk path that went behind a waterfall, due to the new girlfriend that was there i was trying to impress, well i lost my footing and went head first into the shallow pool of water at the bottom containing the rigid rock bottom. 15 stitches, a concussion, 2 hours for them to put my nose back to my forehead and an overnight stay in the vanderbilt ER, theyre really nice there! I think? Owell she was mine for a little while so it was all worth it!
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 10:10 pm

Lost a Poo-Poo Scrambler out of the back of the truck.........Did'nt relize it until I got home. Went back 10 miles and found it in a ditch, on all 4, unscratched.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 10:22 pm

ridepate wrote:
Lost a Poo-Poo Scrambler out of the back of the truck.........Did'nt relize it until I got home. Went back 10 miles and found it in a ditch, on all 4, unscratched.

You are kidding?
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 11:11 pm

Big-R wrote:
ridepate wrote:

You are kidding?

No dead-serious........One of those moments..........I felt the "Bump" when it came out of the truck, but paid it no attention, I was on the phone..........Relizied what the bump was when I got home........
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 11:15 pm

ridepate wrote:
Big-R wrote:
ridepate wrote:

You are kidding?

No dead-serious........One of those moments..........I felt the "Bump" when it came out of the truck, but paid it no attention, I was on the phone..........Relizied what the bump was when I got home........

Pate, of all the stories here...... I can laugh at that one and I am laughing hard roflmao roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 6:55 am

I lost a quad out of the back off my truck also. Pulling out from a stop sign the strap broke and out rolls the quad. Watched it bounce and it stopped in the middle of the road. I pulled over started it up and loaded it back up. Boy did I fell stupid with people driving buy watching. thatsright
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:17 am

roadiestar wrote:
.....Boy did I fell stupid with people driving buy watching. thatsright

I know. I lost a big load of lumber out of the back of my truck when I was about 17. It was a in a busy intersection. Talk about feeling stupid Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:33 pm

In the 80's I used be a police officer in Bullitt County KY. I had a bad ass chevy malibue special interceptor, unmarked, slick black, 350, quadrajet. Woke up one morning, after out drinking to hard, and my car was not in the driveway. It took me doing it another time before I finally stopped drinking. That's my story. The wife will confirm it. She had to help me find it.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:49 am

Gimpy wrote:
In the 80's I used be a police officer in Bullitt County KY. I had a bad ass chevy malibue special interceptor, unmarked, slick black, 350, quadrajet. Woke up one morning, after out drinking to hard, and my car was not in the driveway. It took me doing it another time before I finally stopped drinking. That's my story. The wife will confirm it. She had to help me find it.

It's good to know we have police like that protecting us. drunken
Back to top Go down
Boliver
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:50 am

Ridepate wrote:Lost a Poo-Poo Scrambler out of the back of the truck.........Did'nt relize it until I got home. Went back 10 miles and found it in a ditch, on all 4, unscratched.

I take it riding the Scrambler wasn't the only thing you were into that night,to many trips to the cooler maybe???? roflmao
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:15 pm

I had a tricked hpd 2 stroke scrambler. Parked in my drive way. Came out of the house,it's gone. I am freaking out.Ran in to get my keys.to go looking for my ride. Jumped in the truck back up 50 ft. Look over the hill about 60 yards over the hill backwards,in the creek looking up at me. the parking brake backed off.

And lost a bright green 72 vista cruiser in morgantown for 2 days when I was about 18.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 10:32 pm

Boliver wrote:
Ridepate wrote:Lost a Poo-Poo Scrambler out of the back of the truck.........Did'nt relize it until I got home. Went back 10 miles and found it in a ditch, on all 4, unscratched.

I take it riding the Scrambler wasn't the only thing you were into that night,to many trips to the cooler maybe???? roflmao

No honestly it was in the broad daylight and I was stone-cold sober. Maybe if I was drinking, I would have been a little more alert!!!!!! roflmao
Back to top Go down
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 8:36 am

I was loading my honda rubicon on to my open trailer and when i got all the way to the front rail that stands 18" tall and I decided to do a burnout on the wood deck..............................didnt realize the 4wd was on............In the blink of an eye, it climbed the rail and jumped 3ft forward and landed in the back window of my wifes minivan. What an idiot. There is no smiley available to represent the shame i was feeling at that moment.
Back to top Go down
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 8:43 am

Me and my dad loaded up our sport quads, on the same trailer as stated above, and headed to our riding spot that is 53 miles one way. We have fun all day, load up, head home, unload, disconnect trailer, and then I almost fainted! We never left the reese hitch in the receiver so as i bent down to pull the pin I realized the we just drove 106 miles with nothing holding the hitch to the vehicle. I could not thank GOD enough for nothing bad happening that day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lets here your story   lets here your story Empty

Back to top Go down

lets here your story
Page 1 of 1