SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Polaris is coming

Go down 
+34
Smith700
stanthaman
DoddS
muddy-one
Stakk
Clayboy
Foxfire
samiam
RangeRover
bush
hillbillyrzrs
JL@YPKMOTORSPORTS
garnog
Hollon
nitefab
2fast4u
roadiestar
RZRS-EDGE
Big Ed
8ball_99
nocerisdave
ridepate
DirtDawber
GunRunner
Sporto
CatMostFeared
ChrisC
Goose
2Slow4U
Rhino Rob
dixiecop28
stealth
AIRBORNE
Big-R
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

New Polaris is coming - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 4:31 pm

spud wrote:
it is a real nice machine but i just dont see it any better than some of the rzrs you guys have already.big r and dodds is a better machine in my opinion.i am sure some of yall have better machines also but i have seen there machines in action and i dont see any other sxs on the market that could beat there machines in all around conditions

Thanks spud.

I do really like my RZR and I DON"T need the extra power of the XP. However, I WANT the extra power!!!! lol!

With that said, No I am not going to rush out and buy a new XP. I like my machine and it gets me where I need or want to go for now.

The XP is a very impressive machine. I give it to Polaris for being innovative. It is still hard to believe that the other manufactures are not entering the sport market. Maybe they think they have with their Rhino copy that has more power DontKnow But in fact, the RZR is the only real sport SxS. That is what is disappointing.

NOTE: I am not knocking the Rhino or any other SxS. Just making a point. Everyone here knows that the RZR is a different machine then all the other SxS's. It does not have a dump bed, it has a rear engine and it has a lower center of gravity. I would like to see one of the other companies produce a machine with the same characteristics as a RZR.

We all buy our machines for personal reason. I would like more competition in the sport area, that's all.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 8:46 pm

The RZR XP was at Glamis this past weekend. Some guys took pics. I thought I would share.

New Polaris is coming - Page 6 Newpolarisengine

Air intake
New Polaris is coming - Page 6 Engine20air20intake20on20left20-20Copy

New Polaris is coming - Page 6 Front20dual20piston20calibers20-20Copy

New Polaris is coming - Page 6 From20the20rear20-20Copy

New Polaris is coming - Page 6 Trailing20arm20-20Copy

New Polaris is coming - Page 6 Front20axle20again20-20Copy

New Polaris is coming - Page 6 900b

New Polaris is coming - Page 6 Belt20cover20and20shows20model20of20tire20-20Copy

New Polaris is coming - Page 6 2011polarissideshot

Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:26 pm

Who is going to be the first to come up with some aftermarket protection for that rear suspension?? Looks wicked sweet to me. I can't wait to see it in action.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 12:17 pm

Wow that pipe for the air intake looks very small. My biggest concern would be the rear axles and rear arms.. They look very exposed. Also the transmission and rear diff are combined now. Kinda of weird.
The video's of this thing running look great. That ground clearance, wheel travel and power should make it a blast. If I had money to burn I'd buy one.. First thing my wife said was So I guess your getting one of those and I'm getting the old RZR? lol Man its a lot of money though.. 16k stock. Would still need roof, winch, ect ect. Atleast another 2k worth of stuff to get it ready to ride. Heck you could buy two lightly used RZRs for what one of these with some add ons would cost..
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 7:49 pm

This was taken from High Lifter forum about the XP
Re:NEW SidexSide from Polaris on 1.1.11????? Monday, January 03, 2011 9:18 AM (permalink)
Since i hav already logged around a 1000 miles on them already i can tell you all this.... this thing is the most wicked mud machine i have ever drove. i have rode with stock tires, 28s, 29.5s and 31s. i don't care what they say the hp is i can tell you if FEELS like 150 hp!!!!!! never in my life could i image buying a stock machine that will do what this thing does. it will absolutely blow your mind. as far as moding up and jeep or truck for less, sure you can, but i can promise you that you will never get it to point where it is more fun than this thing. heck for $5k you can get a bad mud truck than lumbers around and goes through deep mud. this thing hits 70 footers AND goes through the mud. as far as the width, it is a little wider but truthfully, we have some many big rangers around here alll our trails are plenty wide and i didn't even notice or give the width a second thought. i'm sure some places people may find tighter trails, just wasn't an issue around here. i have a lot of mud riding pics from out trips that i can post now since it is released. its been killing me not to have them up for yall. should be up tonight in scotts pics.
Outlaw 550
Scott E Smith
the headlights are amazing at how bright they are and the size looks to be the same. the cockpic is the same as the rzr and it has the rzr feel. the speed blows the canam out bottom and top and handling cant be compared to anything but a rzr s. LOL i break everything i get so yes i have broke a few things. 2 rear axles and no front axles. i don't know what they did to the front diff but it acts different on these. you hear a popping sound like it snapped but it must be slipping on impact. i should have broke 10 fronts but didn't break any. could be my imagination on being different, it looks the exact same. the best way to describe the speed is WICKED FAST.
Outlaw 550
Scott E Smith
Team High Lifter
Back to top Go down
Hellrzr

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 4:03 pm

This Machine is bad ass. Can't wait to see one in the woods.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:00 am

Look at the size of this thing. It looks about the size of a Big Red. Just not as ugly. lol!

New Polaris is coming - Page 6 81437403

Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:09 am

Yankee....It's not Big Red, it's Big Ugly. roflmao
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:16 am

Haha you aint kiddin! I was a honda guy all my life till the rhino.... I remember seeing the concept of the big red back in the day which looked something like a honda version of the commander only 4 years before the C came out and I was sold! Then the production model came out.......
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Walker Evans Racing XP900. Special Edition may already be in the mix.

New Polaris is coming - Page 6 Wer900

Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:07 am

wvyankee2 wrote:
Walker Evans Racing XP900. Special Edition may already be in the mix.

New Polaris is coming - Page 6 Wer900

I still think that trail arm should flipped up side down.

Last edited by Big-R on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:44 am

SHIT...I want one..thats not good, gonna cost me a lot of $$$$
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 3:07 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Look at the size of this thing. It looks about the size of a Big Red. Just not as ugly. lol!

New Polaris is coming - Page 6 81437403

Looks like HMF has had a development model for some time. As I noticed a HMF exhaust on the XP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Polaris is coming
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6