SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New passenger handle bar

Go down 
+4
Big-R
rcmass
rhinomikey
Dreth
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

New passenger handle bar - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New passenger handle bar   New passenger handle bar - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 7:26 am

rhinomcb wrote:
that handle has got to be mounted to the plasic only scratch

That is what i was thinking. That was my 1st idea until i could not find and metal to bolt to. It lokks good and is a sweet idea though. I would just fear that a hard impact would bust the plastic.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New passenger handle bar   New passenger handle bar - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 12:47 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
rhinomcb wrote:
that handle has got to be mounted to the plasic only scratch

Yea, but I would say he has a large backing plate on each side.

Can you say Razor Kick scooter bars, It is backed-up with aluminium plates top and bottom. Yes, you could probably break it off, but it's not made to swing on. It's a lot more sturdy than I thought it would be. rebel
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New passenger handle bar   New passenger handle bar - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 1:30 pm

Dave spotted it!!!! Just remember
when mounting- the center of the glove-box is not the center of the seat!!!!! I almost made that mistake!!!!! lol!
New passenger handle bar - Page 2 F9dria
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: New passenger handle bar   New passenger handle bar - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 3:55 pm

I have some aluminum channel I will probably use. Yours looks just a good though, like you said it aint monkey bars. I throw a back seat in mine for the kids, from time to time. I have thought about adding two grab bars in the bed. The seat I added is from a 1989 Isuzu. What I liked about it was price, got one at a junk yard for $25.00, lap belts included. The other plus is the seat hinges on the back rest and also hinges at the front so you could raise it toward the front of the Rhino. Takes about a minute to put it in and take it out. I made all the brackets myself with some aluminum channel someone gave me a while back.
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly9903

Hillbilly9903

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: New passenger handle bar   New passenger handle bar - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 5:34 pm

nocerisdave wrote:
I have some aluminum channel I will probably use. Yours looks just a good though, like you said it aint monkey bars. I throw a back seat in mine for the kids, from time to time. I have thought about adding two grab bars in the bed. The seat I added is from a 1989 Isuzu. What I liked about it was price, got one at a junk yard for $25.00, lap belts included. The other plus is the seat hinges on the back rest and also hinges at the front so you could raise it toward the front of the Rhino. Takes about a minute to put it in and take it out. I made all the brackets myself with some aluminum channel someone gave me a while back.

can you post some pics of that??
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: New passenger handle bar   New passenger handle bar - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 10:39 pm

You want pics of the seat and mounts Hillbilly?
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly9903

Hillbilly9903

PostSubject: Re: New passenger handle bar   New passenger handle bar - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 6:31 am

yeah man if you don't care.............
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: New passenger handle bar   New passenger handle bar - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Ill post em by Friday goin out of town today until then.
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly9903

Hillbilly9903

PostSubject: Re: New passenger handle bar   New passenger handle bar - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 5:39 pm

that's okay man whenever you get time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New passenger handle bar   New passenger handle bar - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New passenger handle bar
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: