SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Memory Stick Issue-Need Help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Memory Stick Issue-Need Help Empty
PostSubject: Memory Stick Issue-Need Help   Memory Stick Issue-Need Help EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 6:49 pm

If someone has had success with this problem, let me know. I have 2 Sony Cybershot digital cameras. One for work and one for home. I took Christmas pics with one that had a San Disk memory stick in it. I put the disk in a new HP digital Photo Frame. The pics came up fine. When I removed the stick and put it back in the camera, it keeps saying to reinsert the stick. I have cleaned the tabs with an eraser, reinserted it a hundered or more times, put it in the other Sony Camera, put in my computers card reader, put it back in the photo frame, and it is like it will not recognize the stick anymore. I had a lot of family pics that I will miss.

Any help on recovering when the device is not being recognized?
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Memory Stick Issue-Need Help   Memory Stick Issue-Need Help EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 7:22 pm

Some of those (if not all) have a little slider switch to lock out accidental erasure of the files. Look to make sure that the switch (if any) is slid all the way either to lock or unlock. Since the thing is not even recoginzed, the switch may be stuck between positions. Worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Memory Stick Issue-Need Help   Memory Stick Issue-Need Help EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 7:47 pm

Gimp.....does the stick have a security feature? I know the one that I have does and needs to have a pass word to access it.....
check it out.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Memory Stick Issue-Need Help   Memory Stick Issue-Need Help EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 8:01 pm

You might try to put the SD card in your camera, and get the USB (or whatever cord your camera came with) and hook the camera to the computer.
I was having the same problem.......hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: Memory Stick Issue-Need Help   Memory Stick Issue-Need Help EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:22 pm

DirtDawber wrote:
Some of those (if not all) have a little slider switch to lock out accidental erasure of the files. Look to make sure that the switch (if any) is slid all the way either to lock or unlock. Since the thing is not even recoginzed, the switch may be stuck between positions. Worth a shot.

No slider on these sticks. They are on my SD cards in another camera. Thanks anyways.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: Memory Stick Issue-Need Help   Memory Stick Issue-Need Help EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:24 pm

Foxfire wrote:
Gimp.....does the stick have a security feature? I know the one that I have does and needs to have a pass word to access it.....
check it out.

I am not sure how to tell if mine does. It just does not recoginize it no matter what I install it into. Let me know how you know when one uses a pass word.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: Memory Stick Issue-Need Help   Memory Stick Issue-Need Help EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:25 pm

smith700 wrote:
You might try to put the SD card in your camera, and get the USB (or whatever cord your camera came with) and hook the camera to the computer.
I was having the same problem.......hope this helps.

I tried that too. No luck. Anything else you can think of let me know. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: Memory Stick Issue-Need Help   Memory Stick Issue-Need Help EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:27 pm

I talked to a computer tech today who said that he will try to use a special recovery program on it. It is going to cost me $50.00 if he can recover, no charge if he can't. Sony has the same service, but is $60.00. This is a last resort. The pics mean that much to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memory Stick Issue-Need Help   Memory Stick Issue-Need Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Memory Stick Issue-Need Help
Page 1 of 1