SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rhino Revamped build!

Go down 
+22
KY. Colonel
ChrisC
2Slow4U
RangeRover
Doc
Goose
4x4pac
KYWILDCATS74
HellOnWheels
AIRBORNE
Baxter
Sporto
8ball_99
bigbore
Rhino Rob
ridepate
nocerisdave
Smith700
Big-R
wvyankee2
Foxfire
MuddyBuddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:52 pm

Maybe sound does make it sound like it has more power. I bought my duals for sound and I do like they way they look. I am not performance minded. Just a bolt on kind of guy. I just like to ride with others. I guess the same could be said about wheels. I bought aftermarket wheels that I like knowing that the factory steel ones would do the same thing as the bling ones. I guess others could say that they were a waste off money to. I don't think it is a matter of listening but someone excited about something they did to there ride or someone else's. That tends to get everyone upset when something negative is said.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:39 pm

Sporto wrote:
Maybe sound does make it sound like it has more power. I bought my duals for sound and I do like they way they look. I am not performance minded. Just a bolt on kind of guy. I just like to ride with others. I guess the same could be said about wheels. I bought aftermarket wheels that I like knowing that the factory steel ones would do the same thing as the bling ones. I guess others could say that they were a waste off money to. I don't think it is a matter of listening but someone excited about something they did to there ride or someone else's. That tends to get everyone upset when something negative is said.

Tory, you make a great point. Often we buy things that look good. Make no doubt that duals look bad ass. Look at me, I have a candy red camo machine. It did not make it any faster but I think it looks damn good. That is what it is all about. Customizing your machine.

On a side note. I have no doubt in your engine building WV Hot Rod. But 20% gain in HP is hard to believe with any exhaust.

Second side note. Smith 5 inches. Can you take a video of that for me please?

There, I think I called everyone out so I hope no one thinks I am picking on them. Have fun and keep the thread going if you like. Debate is all ways fun and interesting.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:31 pm

This dual Exhaust debate on the Rhino i have heard for a long time. Some say it helps, some say it don't. Some confirm Dyno numbers, some don't. I suppose it all depends on the motor build.

I know that Muzzy makes a Muzzy and Muzzy Pro for the Teryx. Muzzy suggests that the Pro only be used for the 840 and Larger Big bore kits. The header pipes are larger and you will lose bottom end on a 750 machine with it.

I do suppose with the right motor build and properly sized header pipes, that you could get more power throughout the band with a set of duels on the Rhino.

I'm with Ronnie though. 20% sounds crazy to me. coco
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptySat May 21, 2011 9:54 pm

The only reason I ever commented in this thread is because of misleading blanket statements and hard-to-believe claims...

I certainly wasn't trying to start something, but people come to places like this looking for advice... and they don't need to get mislead....
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
WV Hot Rod Rhino

WV Hot Rod Rhino

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:50 pm

It helps....I've put on at least 10 sets and test them with the customer every time...we do up hill speeds...level ground speeds....on the dyno i gained 8 hp on a 22hp motor with the duels.. 3 with the gibson.whatever % that is LOL...I will help anybody that wants more hp out of there rzr or rhino.....trust me there not for just sound....check out wvhotrodrhino on you-tube and you'll see i can make one run
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptySun May 22, 2011 1:51 am

"I can burn the tires for 20' on dry asphalt, can pull the front wheels off the ground 5" in low range...2" in high range...."

Where's the vid???

"I bet you both have had rhinos faster than mine cause nobody knows more than you...I aint young..get your glasses old man and look closer..."

I have had one faster than yours, and I do have my glasses on.......... ownedsm
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:41 am

I have nothing against anyone on this site. The people, the information..... are the best out here. I know there is a lot of previous Rhino owners out here .............but, what if someone came up with a sheave mod recently that is getting great reviews on another forum and someone bought this sheave on a recently built 700 and did produce a video. Whether it be 2" or 5" or even a inch for that matter would be impressive to me on a Rhino. Would people believe it is genuine? If it was genuine, and people were still negative it would upset me too. There is a video out there with a Rhino carrying the wheels a little bit from an owner that is on this forum. I really do appreciate the tips and tricks along with the builds of this dying breed on this site called a Rhino. But come on there may not be much but there might be a little room for improvement on these machines from newer owners even though previous owners may feel like that is all that they could do with what they had to work with and went with something more powerful out of the box. Let me just say this again I have no ill feeling towards ANYONE on this site in case it appears that I do. Just making comments like everyone else does. I am ate up with this money pit of a sport along with this awesome site! Boy, MB your threads always seem to get "jacked"!
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino

WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:45 am

I bet you had one that would out run a commander...I got vids ..wheres yours
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino

WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:46 am

Im facts... not BS
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino

WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:53 am

I guess you had a sheave like mine back then.I must have made you one and gave it to you without remembering.you would have had to have one of my sheaves to be as fast as me..my rhino eats rzrs..I guess yours did too!!! roflmao
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:08 am

Tory, I am impressed with any Side x Side that can pull the wheels off the ground. 1 inch or 5! The weight of a sxs keeps it on the ground. Now I have see a few machines that can burn the tires on solid ground and that is impressive.

I am not just picking on a rhino. I have seen the videos of WV Hot Rods. It is a kick ass machine. He has been very innovative in his build. Machining his own sheave, porting his heads, wow I am very impressed with his work.

8 HP gain on 22 HP is getting close to a 30% increase in HP.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino

WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:17 am

Thanks R..I do rzr's too....My buddys rzr leaves 8-10ft black marks on dry pavement with a stock clutch and 27" tires...super torquey....his always spins and mine hooks up...cause we have different tires
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:49 pm

Well it was fun while it lasted.... Riding today herd a pop now the motor wont turn over..... took the top end back off everything looks fine idk what it is..... I put the top end back on and tory I hate to say it but add another to the dieing breed, FOR SALE as is. Kinda the final straw that broke the rhinos back for me im tired of spending money on it and it just keep breaking. Im not goin to the dark side tho, kinda the opposite. Think bright yellow side.....
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:26 pm

You put forth a gallant effort my friend!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Hey I still have my Rhino......
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:56 pm

Well I am debating that too on getting a can am and keeping the rhino for the little brother and let him fix the motor.... Im trying to just get something out of it but at the same time Im not gonna give it away.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Dang MB I hate to hear that. Good luck going forward.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 6:12 pm

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
Thanks R..I do rzr's too....My buddys rzr leaves 8-10ft black marks on dry pavement with a stock clutch and 27" tires...super torquey....his always spins and mine hooks up...cause we have different tires

What all did you do to his RZR?
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino

WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 6:21 pm

big bore, bored TB, ported head, billet intake and a muzzy tuner
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 6:26 pm

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
big bore, bored TB, ported head, billet intake and a muzzy tuner

Did you bore the TB and port the head?
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino

WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 6:31 pm

I did the head and a holz TB..Im a dealer for them if you need anything I can save you a few bucks...Im doing 2 660 heads right now
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 6:33 pm

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
I did the head and a holz TB..Im a dealer for them if you need anything I can save you a few bucks...Im doing 2 660 heads right now

I have heard over and over to not port the head. I am told that I will loose low end torque.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino

WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 6:37 pm

you see how mine runs...I got all kinds of low end
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 7:26 pm

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
you see how mine runs...I got all kinds of low end

You have a PM
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:59 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
Well it was fun while it lasted.... Riding today herd a pop now the motor wont turn over..... took the top end back off everything looks fine idk what it is..... I put the top end back on and tory I hate to say it but add another to the dieing breed, FOR SALE as is. Kinda the final straw that broke the rhinos back for me im tired of spending money on it and it just keep breaking. Im not goin to the dark side tho, kinda the opposite. Think bright yellow side.....

Hey Muddybuddy.......didn't Little Smith build your engine???????????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhino Revamped build!
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next