SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rhino Revamped build!

Go down 
+22
KY. Colonel
ChrisC
2Slow4U
RangeRover
Doc
Goose
4x4pac
KYWILDCATS74
HellOnWheels
AIRBORNE
Baxter
Sporto
8ball_99
bigbore
Rhino Rob
ridepate
nocerisdave
Smith700
Big-R
wvyankee2
Foxfire
MuddyBuddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 10:02 pm

woo hoo
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:05 pm

Giterdone
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:04 am

Matt, is the Trinity kit coming with a new 686 cylinder?? Or are we boring the stock cylinder to 686?
Have ya heard back from Weller about the Web-Cams??
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 1:01 pm

Jason hasn't emailed me back im about to head into work so ill call him tomorrow. Corey it comes with its own that is sandblasted bored and honed. And talked to them about the gasket kit they promised me it comes with the complete kit. Im Leaning towards a Web stage 2 cam right now
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:18 pm

Sounds good Matt....Get it ordered and bring that thing up here!!! Unleash the beast!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:29 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
Jason hasn't emailed me back im about to head into work so ill call him tomorrow. Corey it comes with its own that is sandblasted bored and honed. And talked to them about the gasket kit they promised me it comes with the complete kit. Im Leaning towards a Web stage 2 cam right now

If you buy a Trinity kit it should come with everything. Mine did. Gaskets included. Also, I have a web cam. Seems to be fine. But mine is a RZR, still a Trinity kit. WV Rider used to buy their products for his race cars.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:57 am

Yeah ive heard too much good and bad on the hot cams with the web ive only heard great stuff! Also with the JE piston, if its good enough for race cars should be good for the rhino!
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:07 pm

Works for me....Have you ordered the head studs? And valve springs?
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:34 pm

Not yet im gonna try and order then all together.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Don't forget the 16gr OD greaseless weights from Hunterworks......
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:31 pm

do i need new cam sliders as well or can the old ones be used with the new greaseless set up?
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:54 pm

Sidenote: finally got some shady production companies to pay up!!! And landed 2 new long term contracts today!!! Things are about to start happening very quickly hopefully!!
Corey sorry forgot to call you back give me a shout tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 11:39 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
Sidenote: finally got some shady production companies to pay up!!! And landed 2 new long term contracts today!!! Things are about to start happening very quickly hopefully!!
Corey sorry forgot to call you back give me a shout tomorrow!

Good for you bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make it happen!!!!
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:25 pm

Got all the clutching ordered. New Cam sliders, 16g OD greaseless weights and thanks to the orange spring from Clay all the pieces are there. Ordering the motor components in the next few days!
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Hey Matt, If you ever get to talk to Jason @ Weller racing, ask him about the upgraded exhaust stud-bolts. They are cheap, but are good. If we happen to break an exhaust-stud off in the head, we will almost never get it out....And we will have to get an entire new head. Also ask him about the exhaust gaskets too....
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:47 pm

Smith700 wrote:
Hey Matt, If you ever get to talk to Jason @ Weller racing, ask him about the upgraded exhaust stud-bolts. They are cheap, but are good. If we happen to break an exhaust-stud off in the head, we will almost never get it out....And we will have to get an entire new head. Also ask him about the exhaust gaskets too....

If he's getting the Cometic gaskets, which I hope he is, the exhaust gaskets will be in the top-end kit. Forgot to mention that Corey.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:41 pm

Ok, Cool.....I am pretty sure he is getting a complete top end kit from Cometic with his kit..... allright
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:00 pm

Yeah the way they worded it they send the whole kit with the cylinder
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:50 pm

All the weights and cam sliders got here today so all the clutch pieces are here. Corey do you have a spring compressor for it? Im gonna start on the clutch tomorrow cleanin all the grease out and putting in the greaseless set up. And spring to pending on if corey has the tool for it, if not ill just tough it out and do it the hard way here. Ordering the cylinder, piston and gaskets tomorrow. Should have the rest of the parts ordered before next week.... im starting to get the shakes its been in the garage so long I NEED TO RIDE!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:03 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
All the weights and cam sliders got here today so all the clutch pieces are here. Corey do you have a spring compressor for it?

You don't need one. Here is a good tip from Clayboy. Just use a stock rhino tire and wheel. Put it over the spring and you can tighten and loosen.......

Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 2009_0208FEBHARLAN0004
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:51 pm

Got the clutch all cleaned up. Funny how good brake cleaner eats through grease!! Puttin the spring in tomorrow before i head into work. Gotta find a stock rim first scratch got the socket and adapter and got it figure out how to put it back on but for getting it off? just undo it and watch out? lol
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:23 pm

clutch is done!

[img]Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 Img_0011[/img]
Clean but god it was a PITA!

[img]Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 Img_0012[/img]

Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 Img_0013

And quick question got my orange spring in but my stock one had this color marking on it?? Is this factory or did the previous owner put this in?
[img]Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 Img_0014[/img]
Back to top Go down
KYWILDCATS74

KYWILDCATS74

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:39 am

Looking good ! Post some vids when you are finished and reeming it.....hm hm I mean breaking it in Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:41 am

How come no body has answered Muddy Buddy's question? I can't......as I own a pig feeding machine.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:33 pm

Dont have a clue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhino Revamped build!
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next