SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH

Go down 
+10
AIRBORNE
KY. Colonel
wdg
Doc
MuddyBuddy
Stakk
8ball_99
Big-R
Rhino Rob
KYWILDCATS74
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KYWILDCATS74

KYWILDCATS74

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH Empty
PostSubject: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:09 am

Just wondering if any of you guys on this forum is going to Brimestone March 12th weekend. We make a fun trip out of it. Treat it like a miny vacation. Wife loves it, we all have a good time. We are going down on the 11th early AM and leaving on the 13th. Chug
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:42 am

i will probably b in the woods hunting mushrooms and turkeys. probably monitor ch 3 fmsr
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 9:18 am

Rhino Rob wrote:
i will probably b in the woods hunting mushrooms and turkeys. probably monitor ch 3 fmsr

BTW, I have a REAL radio coming.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

What is this real radio you speak of?
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 11:54 am

March 12th is the Annual Winterfest/Camo Memorial ride at Brimstone....come on down
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Rebuild pending I will be there!
Back to top Go down
KYWILDCATS74

KYWILDCATS74

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 9:45 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
Rebuild pending I will be there!

I hear ya. My bike is tore down to the frame pretty much. Putting new head gaskets on. Had to grind my heads and jugs. Also designing a cage and bumpers. Hope to have it all done. I am going no matter what. I will have it running next weekend and hopefully tuned. Then the cage design. I will make the trip if I have to put the stock cage back on Sad
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:54 pm

I Hear ya mines gutted out as well with no motor or plastics!! Hopefully some companies will stop bsing and pay me!! I got a motor to build!!! IF all else fails i might just throw the stock one in if i have to to make it, but what fun is stock!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Doc
SSXSRider Member
Doc

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:05 am

I'll be there, going to camp if I can get the Rhino squeezed in the enclosed tr. It has a 6' ceiling and I betcha the roll cage will have to come off.

Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH 2326991280047883113S500x500Q85
Back to top Go down
wdg
SSXSRider Member
wdg

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:30 am

OK, Wife and I are in. We will likely come down and camp Friday Night and ride Saturday then leave Sunday.

Interlake DNR 12Feb2011
Back to top Go down
KYWILDCATS74

KYWILDCATS74

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:34 pm

We are going down Thursday night. Riding Friday & Saturday leaving on Sunday. We will be in the RV's. allright See you there!
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:39 pm

It is a possibility for me, However I need to check the dates I have a previous engagement down on my farm in Muhlenberg Co. All the farm partners are obligated to stand to for spring planting and farm mantenance, not sure of the date yet - just sometime during the first part of March... The Teryx and I have been requested to be there.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:21 am

We will be campin by the creek behind the old jail!!
Back to top Go down
Doc
SSXSRider Member
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:43 am

MuddyBuddy wrote:

Thats a neat place, always did like to camp there. It has been improved on since I camped it has a canoe/boat launch.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Rhino Rob wrote:

Aint that a little early for shrooms?? I sure wish I was going to be in the states this spring to hunt some.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:46 pm

NoPoo I Can't make it just to far away. Please help
Back to top Go down
KYWILDCATS74

KYWILDCATS74

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 5:50 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:

Is that a camp site? Are you tenting. I have never heard of it , but it sounds cool. I will have to look you up while I am there.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Its somewhat of a little unofficial camping spot its a free spot but no bath house or anything just the creek!! We always just rough it and tent it up. Theres no camper hook ups or anything but there is a lil spot to put one!! We always pitch up right were you turn off the gravel road on that trail that crosses the water, theres a lil hill right there thats got some spots on top of it that overlooks the creek its beautiful!! Come on by and have a few cold ones Chug
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 5:45 am

AIRBORNE wrote:
Rhino Rob wrote:

Aint that a little early for shrooms?? I sure wish I was going to be in the states this spring to hunt some.

recon bro, you cant let them little boogers slip by ya. here today gone tommorrow.

sorry bout the hijack. if you gto the fmsr radios (or whatever the the motorolas/cobras are called) when you get to griffith mtn overlook on the southwest end give a holler, i might just be listening.
Back to top Go down
Doc
SSXSRider Member
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:31 am

Chop will be serving up Chili after the Ride on Saturday.
So be prepared Beer

Also looks like 4 guided rides, with at least one for the difficult trail riders, listed below is copied from the Brimstone forum on the weekend event.

we have found that groups of no larger than 10-12 is needed for rides like this to cover ground and mileage. We have the new trails on the south end, Camo, Stogey, Goat, Twin sisters and rebel Yell that folks will need to see, please understand that Twin sisters and rebell yell may be too difficult for some.
Also have the new Paner trails on the close side to #5 and 49, which is the Pyramid Rock trail and 2-3 others.
SOOOOO with that said, in order to cover BOTH sides of the property and see all these new trails (actually the Camo and others were seen last year by some) but many have not seen these, we will have to keep moving and a decent moderate pace.

The way it sounds I may just be cooking but thats fine with me. The little girl I mentioned earlier is the daughter of Carrie who works in the permit shed. I think she is 6 and they found out she has lukemia. They have no Insurance.
So A donation jar will be out in the permit shed and at the chili dinner that. All money will go to them. I know this if Camo was here he would be the first to help out. So in the spirit of Camo lets help out all we can. Serving going to start at 6 till we run out. There will be a fire in the fire pit and some good fellowship if nothing else. Maybe even some good music.

Back to top Go down
JeepKuntry

JeepKuntry

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:48 am

I'd love to make this event, but the wife's due date in 3/15 so I don't wanna be far if she makes it to that point!
Back to top Go down
KYWILDCATS74

KYWILDCATS74

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:43 pm

SBBdock, do they charge extra for the guided rides? What time Sat morning? My group may be interested in the difficult trail tour. As long as we are hauling butt. Every where we go we hit every red trail and climb all the so called widow makers. So I guess you could say we are a VERY experienced group of riders. Most of my group are in there mid 30's and rode 3wheelers since they were 10 moved up to 4 wheelers now sxs's most have raced previously. So with that said would you recomend hooking up with the guides or go it alone?
Back to top Go down
Doc
SSXSRider Member
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:05 pm

There never is a fee to ride with the boyz, and during the guided rides you may see or ride a trail that is not listed on the map.
I could not tell you that the speed will be there but I betcha you'll have fun! Keep it upright and remember when you realize you made a boo boo it's usually to late.
Back to top Go down
KYWILDCATS74

KYWILDCATS74

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Well I guess when and where is the group meeting? There is no doubt we will have fun. I would love to hook up with a group that know the trails and like to have fun Chug Oh and as far as keeping it upright.. Experience does not equal stupid. It just means knowing what lines to take and what your bike is capable of and the trail conditions factor in for both allright
Back to top Go down
Doc
SSXSRider Member
Doc

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 1:55 am

KYWILDCATS74 wrote:
Well I guess when and where is the group meeting?

The riders meeting will be at Brimstone Office and you can decide then what group to ride in should be 3-4 guided rides with at least one extreme. They hope to have 10-12 riders per group but Winterfest has grown each year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH   Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH Empty

Back to top Go down

Roll Call ... Who is in for Brimestone March 12TH
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next