SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Ride says it all Tour???

Go down 
+9
Big-R
Goose
4x4pac
Smith700
2Slow4U
Craig_C
CatMostFeared
Doc
wvyankee2
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

The Ride says it all Tour??? Empty
PostSubject: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 12:53 am

Not a real supportive review by Dirt Trax of the new Rhino. Looks like they limited the speed even lower to 37MPH. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Doc
SSXSRider Member
Doc

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:35 am

I agree, it didn't sound like it was sugar coated to much. Dirt Trax don't seemed to be infulinced by any brand, I hope they can stay that way and continue to give us just the facts.
Looks like the speed did drop, lucky me I hate for my good times to end to fast.
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:06 am

37mph is fast enough on the farm when you running down cows and feeding the hogs roflmao
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:38 am

The lower the stock speed....the more you think your doing when you mod it!!
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:07 am

On a side note -- I wonder how much Yamaha has spent so far on lawyers and court costs, defending the ENTIRE SxS industry from these 2-legged slimy sharks?

That cost, IMO, is why we're seeing governers to 37MPH, no new Rhino introduced, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 2:59 pm

70mph............I could care less.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:03 pm

Smith700 wrote:

Obviously Yamaha could care less too............about those wanting a little SidexSide performance. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Smith700 wrote:

Obviously Yamaha could care less too............about those wanting a little SidexSide performance. Rolling Eyes

You got that right.....but like I said.....I don't care.
I don't want a Poo-Poo, a Kawi, or a Commander......
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:24 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Smith700 wrote:

Meanwhile:
1. I can state that my old 450, after clutch work, is faster than the new Rhino 700fi The Ride says it all Tour??? 971386 The Ride says it all Tour??? 729242

2. The aftermarket can easily address that speed limiter function, very inexpensively...

With all that said, Yamaha won't sell many of these things, at the price they're charging (to help pay for all those lawyers, I'm sure) . That combines to make my 450 look like an even better bargain...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Very disappointing watching Yamaha give up on the market. coco
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:06 pm

I doubt very seriously that Yamaha has given up. Im sure they have something hiding over in Japan, off in a corner of a dimly lit building...just waiting untill they can be sure they are going to be clear of the lawsuit issues that have somehow gotten stuck with. I wish they could have released a new "sport" utv before I bought my RZR, as I am a Yamaha man...but I wasnt going to wait on it.

As for stock, the 700 is a turd. My old 660 Rhino would eat a 700 for lunch....but if you wanna do some motor work, the 700 is the one that responds to the mods the best!
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Craig_C wrote:

As for stock, the 700 is a turd. My old 660 Rhino would eat a 700 for lunch....but if you wanna do some motor work, the 700 is the one that responds to the mods the best!

Geez...."my 660 would eat a stock 700 for lunch"...you built it up...so thats not hard to do. With a sheave and a CDI box on the 660....you have beaten the 700 already.....Not that hard to do.

My built 700 will smoke a stock S, a Teryx, and a Commander......I'll line it up.
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:06 pm

R1 badass I had 2 of those
Raptor I had 2 of those 1 with a Mr.Turbo kit
Banshee had one on those
YFZ450 had one of those

Yamaha has made some wicked machines why cant they step up
We a rhino with 900cc 2stroke banshee motor
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:09 pm

I could care less about 900cc..........

If it was a 750cc V-Twin...with mid-travel suspension....they would sell like hot-cakes!!
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:19 pm

Why cant this guy learn how to say YAMAHA
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:52 pm

4x4pac wrote:
Why cant this guy learn how to say YAMAHA
From Canada "EH"
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:04 pm

They are either getting out of the UTV market or building a new machine. However, they will not release a new machine until they have tested it thoroughly!
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:10 pm

Yamaha might as well give up. They cant build a 4 wheel drive atv that is worth a darn. Now they have a sxs that has been exactly the same since the day it came out, and to improve on something that is way behind in the market, they slow it down. roflmao
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:23 pm

Well they have sold them since day 1......Only in the past 2 years has Yamaha's sales really went downhill.

Same thing with GM.... has their 6.6L Duramax Diesel motor......that has been basically the same since 2001....only turbo and tuning have been minor changed.....And they sell tons of them.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:34 pm

Smith700 wrote:
Craig_C wrote:

Geez...."my 660 would eat a stock 700 for lunch"...you built it up...so thats not hard to do. With a sheave and a CDI box on the 660....you have beaten the 700 already.....Not that hard to do.

My built 700 will smoke a stock S, a Teryx, and a Commander......I'll line it up.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:58 pm

Line your's up Dave....... thatsright roflmao
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:18 pm

Smith700 wrote:

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 5:29 am

I love my turd The Ride says it all Tour??? Lol
dont be hatin on my turd playa
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 10:03 am

Smith700 wrote:
Craig_C wrote:

Built up...not exactly. I had a cdi, STOCK sheave, stock head pipe, slip on big gun, and some magic carb work. I had EPI comp stall wet clutch springs, no mods to the dry clutch, and port matched intake. I had maybe $250 in "performance parts", since I bought the pipe used. My 660 would outrun a 700 with an MSD, exhaust and clutch sheave mods no issues.

Of course I did give the 700 Rhino credit, and you blew it down, when I stated that the 700 responds better to internal engine mods than the 660.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:01 am

Smith700 wrote:

roflmao . I dare you to try follow him in the woods, you will find out fast you lack the SAC for that adventure thatsright lol!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ride says it all Tour???   The Ride says it all Tour??? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ride says it all Tour???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next