SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alum. A-arm guards...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

Alum. A-arm guards... Empty
PostSubject: Alum. A-arm guards...   Alum. A-arm guards... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 3:20 pm

Has anyone had to repair their a-arm guards? After my son put the Teryx thru it's paces at coal creek both of my front guards are bent beyond recognition. Is this normal? any advice is appreciated...
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Alum. A-arm guards...   Alum. A-arm guards... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 3:24 pm

I've had to reshape/repair two out of four.

A rock pushed the left front one in too close to the CV joint to satisfy me. I managed to clamp two sets of vice grips on it and gently bend in back into OK shape...

A tree root tore my right rear one completely off, pulling the bolts through the holes in the aluminum and warping it all out of shape. I had to use the vise and hammer to beat it back into shape well enough to bolt in back on with bigger washers...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Alum. A-arm guards...   Alum. A-arm guards... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:47 pm

I have not had to work on my A arm guards. However, I have taken the hammer to my rock slides and straighten them out... beat
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Alum. A-arm guards...   Alum. A-arm guards... EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:50 am

Thanks for the input guy's. I am going to be doing some serious blacksmithing on my guards. Hopefully they will be in shape for the H/M ride. I am not even going to tackle the nerf bars, actually they were bent closer to the contour of the rex's sills. SE lA vIE...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alum. A-arm guards...   Alum. A-arm guards... Empty

Back to top Go down

Alum. A-arm guards...
Page 1 of 1