SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Riding for a reason September 24

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jlsh4e
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Riding for a reason September 24 Empty
PostSubject: Riding for a reason September 24   Riding for a reason September 24 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:38 am

Julie Hopkins and http://www.hawkpridemountainoffroad.com/ in Tuscumbia Alabama will be hosting Riding for a reason to benefit the Christopher Reeves Foundation on September 24. The event will feature a raffle of goods off road related , a poker run , and a concert with the bands to be announced . All proceeds will be donated to The Christopher Reeves Foundation who not only fund research but advancement of quality of life programs and medical advancement for the day to day lives of those suffering with SCI .
Hawk pride is an excellent off road park with 1000 acres , miles of trails, rock crawling, Motocross , primitive camping and RV and camper parking is available . They also have accessible rest rooms and showers and were featured in Petersons 4 wheel and off road magazine http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/eventcoverage/131_1001_wheelin_at_hawk_pride_offroad_rockcrawling/index.html
We seek to raise awareness of SCI and traumatic brain injury in the off road community . The sport we all love does not come with out risk and the threat of injury seldom enters the mind . With events and programs such as this and with the help of such dedicated professionals as those with the Christopher Reeves Foundation we hope to not only prevent but some day cure this type of debilitating injury
Tax receipts will be available at the gate and donations may also be made through the web site http://www.christopherreeve.org/teamreeveallstars2011/julie

where tax receipts will be e-mailed to you. Food vendors will be on site through the day . We hope to have a great turn out for this worthy cause and look forward to seeing you on the trails. Scott & Julie

Last edited by jlsh4e on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Riding for a reason September 24   Riding for a reason September 24 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 4:08 pm

I be there!!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Riding for a reason September 24   Riding for a reason September 24 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 9:04 am

This thread is now a sticky!
Back to top Go down
jlsh4e
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Riding for a reason September 24   Riding for a reason September 24 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 8:15 pm

Thanks for your help Big-R . For those who don't know my wife Julie is a T-12 complete paraplegic. She was injured when her 4 wheeler rolled in 2007 . She is the reason I own an RZR . When she was ready to ride again in 2009 we found 4 wheelers to be to hard to ride and unsafe with her loss of mobility. She is also the reason our RZR is pink :) although I have made some upgrades and mods to MAN it up allot.
We feel that the RZR and all SxS for that matter offer a great way for those who have suffered this type of injury to regain some freedom and re enter our natural wilderness areas where they might not otherwise get to go.
We hope to meet some of you great people in the south east at this event and party it up for a good cause. Scott
Back to top Go down
RCS82

RCS82

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Riding for a reason September 24   Riding for a reason September 24 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 1:28 pm

I'll be there hawk pride is a great place to ride. Hope to get to finally meet some of yall.

Back to top Go down
RCS82

RCS82

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Riding for a reason September 24   Riding for a reason September 24 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 11:19 am

Anyone else planning on coming to this event ?
Back to top Go down
jerr_81
SSXSRider Member
jerr_81

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Riding for a reason September 24   Riding for a reason September 24 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 11:47 am

This is AWESOME thatsright Im a c5c6 after a street bike and have always had a passion for bikes an 4wheelers and if it wasn't for my sxs I couldn't enjoy what I love to do.I would love to attend it but probably won't be able to hope it goes great and alot of people attend it
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/minor37617
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Riding for a reason September 24   Riding for a reason September 24 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:08 pm

Yup
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Riding for a reason September 24   Riding for a reason September 24 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:52 pm

This ride has been postponed until further notice. I will post as soon as more details are available.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riding for a reason September 24   Riding for a reason September 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Riding for a reason September 24
Page 1 of 1