SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ddm tuning hid lights any good ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wild woody

wild woody

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-07-10

ddm tuning hid lights any good ? Empty
PostSubject: ddm tuning hid lights any good ?   ddm tuning hid lights any good ? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 11:11 pm

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W
has anyone tried these lights ? alot of people are saying they work great. i know you get what you pay for but are these worth the try ?
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: ddm tuning hid lights any good ?   ddm tuning hid lights any good ? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 11:47 pm

My .02. I had a pair of the cheap-os on my Rhino for three years and never had any issues. They were the Xenon's and where plug and play. I am about as rough on my rides as anyone and I will vouch for there toughness. I, like you have heard very few complaints. Just make sure that you specify your machine. If you do buy the cheaper ones let us know how it works out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polaris-RZR-Ranger-HID-Factory-Replacement-Light-Kit-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45f2007665QQitemZ300412860005QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Back to top Go down
wild woody

wild woody

PostSubject: Re: ddm tuning hid lights any good ?   ddm tuning hid lights any good ? EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:46 am

so is the 35 ok or does most get the 55 watt ? also is 1 stock battery ok ? i dont want to but a second one.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: ddm tuning hid lights any good ?   ddm tuning hid lights any good ? EmptySun May 15, 2011 12:08 am

The 35s are what you need the 55s may cause heat damage to your light assembly. As far as current draw the HID's actually draw less than the stockers once turned on.
http://www.coolbulbs.com/HID_faq.asp

Now let me throw another kink in. If you do night riding on pavement these lights will be blinding to on coming traffic. There are now several out there selling kits that have high and low beams. I here lots of folks like these. Might be worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
wild woody

wild woody

PostSubject: Re: ddm tuning hid lights any good ?   ddm tuning hid lights any good ? EmptySun May 15, 2011 12:21 am

yea i guess thats whats good about a light bar and stock head lights for street driving but i dont want to spend 400 or more for a light bar.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: ddm tuning hid lights any good ?   ddm tuning hid lights any good ? EmptySun May 15, 2011 12:35 pm

I will vouch for the cheap-o eBay HIDs.......I am running 8 of them on my Rhino. I have ran all 8 of them on a night ride for 12 hrs with no problems. Mine are the 6500k 35w.
Back to top Go down
wild woody

wild woody

PostSubject: Re: ddm tuning hid lights any good ?   ddm tuning hid lights any good ? EmptySun May 15, 2011 12:38 pm

funny how the shops say there junk so i will buy the 300 and 400 ones from them !
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: ddm tuning hid lights any good ?   ddm tuning hid lights any good ? EmptySun May 15, 2011 12:40 pm

Ask anyone that has been with me on a ride at night....... Just running my stock replacement HIDs and 2 of the HIDs on my top, I will light the ENTIRE hillside up..... More light then you will ever need.
Back to top Go down
wild woody

wild woody

PostSubject: Re: ddm tuning hid lights any good ?   ddm tuning hid lights any good ? EmptySun May 15, 2011 12:43 pm

I am going to go with the 35/ 6000 that way I dont ever have to worry about the 55 maybe getting to hot. the 35/6000 are pretty bright also arent they ?
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: ddm tuning hid lights any good ?   ddm tuning hid lights any good ? EmptySun May 15, 2011 12:54 pm

Yes, those will be perfect.....
The "6000k" number tells what color the light is.
Back to top Go down
wild woody

wild woody

PostSubject: Re: ddm tuning hid lights any good ?   ddm tuning hid lights any good ? EmptySun May 15, 2011 1:00 pm

wish i could see side by side just to see how the 55 compares to the 35
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: ddm tuning hid lights any good ?   ddm tuning hid lights any good ? EmptySun May 15, 2011 5:50 pm

they are great! I have them and they are like a soar peter......ya cant beat it!
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: ddm tuning hid lights any good ?   ddm tuning hid lights any good ? EmptySun May 15, 2011 6:58 pm

wild woody wrote:
wish i could see side by side just to see how the 55 compares to the 35