SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiator install

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Radiator install Empty
PostSubject: Radiator install   Radiator install EmptyMon May 12, 2008 10:56 pm

What do I need to do when I install my radiator? I don't want any air in the system.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Radiator install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator install   Radiator install EmptyTue May 13, 2008 6:30 am

pay someone Wink

in all honesty - this one is out of my league so that is what i would do!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Radiator install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator install   Radiator install EmptyTue May 13, 2008 6:47 am

its not that big of deal.u have a air bleeder bolt ,next to the water neck where the water hose goes into the motor.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Radiator install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator install   Radiator install EmptyTue May 13, 2008 10:46 pm

rhinomcb wrote:
its not that big of deal.u have a air bleeder bolt ,next to the water neck where the water hose goes into the motor.

What do I do with the air bleeder bolt?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Radiator install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator install   Radiator install EmptyTue May 13, 2008 11:15 pm

Big-R wrote:
rhinomcb wrote:

What do I do with the air bleeder bolt?

Refill the radiator and start the Rhino. When fluid starts to circulate, loosin the bleeder bolt and vent any air out of cylinder head until liquid flows out. Then put plug back in. This should be done a few times to make sure all air is removed from cylinder head. After all air is out, top off radiator and resivoir tank. Done. And the bolt is on the top of the motor where the water comes out.
Back to top Go down
broknbonz

broknbonz

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Radiator install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator install   Radiator install EmptyTue May 13, 2008 11:27 pm

you can also just crack the bleeder loose when filling it and when coolant starts to run out close it and top off the level, good to go. just recheck it when it cools down and top off if needed
study
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Radiator install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator install   Radiator install EmptyTue May 13, 2008 11:30 pm

Does anyone have any pics of the bleeder bolt?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Radiator install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator install   Radiator install EmptyTue May 13, 2008 11:49 pm

Big-R wrote:
Does anyone have any pics of the bleeder bolt?

Radiator install Img083uc2
Radiator install Img083uc2.d372d54980
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Radiator install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator install   Radiator install EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:31 am

Thanks Yankee, I am going to start the rhino, run it until the coolant starts running. Crack the bleeder bolt until the coolant runs out, put bolt back. Now do I take the bolt out or just loosen it?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Radiator install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator install   Radiator install EmptyWed May 14, 2008 9:14 am

Big-R wrote:
Thanks Yankee, I am going to start the rhino, run it until the coolant starts running. Crack the bleeder bolt until the coolant runs out, put bolt back. Now do I take the bolt out or just loosen it?

Just loosin with your hand to where you can screw it right back when fluid starts to run. Wear rubber gloves so you don't get burnt. But, do what Bonz said first to fill system. Then double check for air after that with the motor running, burping a couple times to be sure.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Radiator install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator install   Radiator install EmptyWed May 14, 2008 10:33 am

oh yeah - I would definitely have to farm out that job!
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

Radiator install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator install   Radiator install EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:27 pm

hey Big R, how did this go ? I ran hot and burped some fluid out and now the reservoir is empty and i am curios as to see how hard it was to purge the air out of the system. If i was too add/check coolant to the radiator
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Radiator install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator install   Radiator install EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Rhino Rob wrote:
hey Big R, how did this go ? I ran hot and burped some fluid out and now the reservoir is empty and i am curios as to see how hard it was to purge the air out of the system. If i was too add/check coolant to the radiator

It was no problem at all. One more tip, jack up the front of the rhino then start with everything else.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Radiator install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator install   Radiator install EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:34 pm

I love seeing old posts dug up. One of the greatest things about our forum is the 74,000 posts of information.....PRICELESS!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Radiator install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator install   Radiator install EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:43 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
I love seeing old posts dug up. One of the greatest things about our forum is the 74,000 posts of information.....PRICELESS!

You got that right. Good information. Hell that post is almost two years old. I had not had the rhino very long be for I put a stick through the radiator.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

Radiator install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator install   Radiator install EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:57 am

you wouldnt believe how long it took me to find this

#1. i wasnt looking to install a radiator so i had to go thru the other posts that i had entered a search for "radiator"

#2. it took me no more than 5 minutes. lol

maybe copy and paste the information under another topic.

Refilling a Rhino Radiator
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Radiator install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator install   Radiator install EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 7:54 am

Damn Rob. I you losing your mind???? roflmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Radiator install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator install   Radiator install Empty

Back to top Go down

Radiator install
Page 1 of 1