SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU. Empty
PostSubject: Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU.   Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU. EmptyThu May 15, 2008 9:48 am

Got this over at the NYROC site. Lyle from VDI, www.velocitydevices.com are working on a direct plug and play replacement ECU for the Rhino 700. This is the one to wait on guys, and sounds like they are getting real close to dyno testing. There will be opportunitys to buy one sooner and cheaper. But, when it comes to replacement performance ECU's, these guys are the real deal. Check em out. Wink AirborneLT might chime in here. I think he may have one for his Kingquad? bounce

Here is a good explanation by them on how a ECU works.

http://www.velocitydevices.com/documents/VDI%20ECU%20vs%20Fuel%20Controller%20White%20paper.pdf
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU.   Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU. EmptyThu May 15, 2008 10:35 am

WVYankee good find!

Have you heard anywhere when they expect to release one of these or the price? Guess I will wait until these are out and probably be adding one of them to mine.

Have Fun,
-Rick
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU.   Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU. EmptyThu May 15, 2008 10:41 am

Very good info there. At least they are good at explaining it!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU.   Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU. EmptyThu May 15, 2008 1:43 pm

I've asked Airborne LT to comment on this company. I think he bought the ECU from them for his Kingquad. Look for about $500.00 for one when they are released.
I would say they will be out before the end of summer.
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU.   Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU. EmptyThu May 15, 2008 3:45 pm

what is so much better about these controllers than the Dynatek? for 300 bucks less, i think i will stay with Dynatek's and buy some other accessories.....
Back to top Go down
broknbonz

broknbonz

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU.   Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU. EmptyThu May 15, 2008 4:17 pm

If it's gonna be programmable it will be way cool.... as long as they don't charge for the upgrade fuel maps and i would wanna see what upgrades the fuel controller is capable of handling. such as high comp & big bore piston kits, cams, head port work, exhaust, clutch, etc....
study scratch study
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU.   Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU. EmptyThu May 15, 2008 5:23 pm

i see. So if a guy isn't interested in that, you really wouldn't need to spend the big bucks for one of these....
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU.   Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU. EmptyThu May 15, 2008 5:26 pm

rubicon05 wrote:
i see. So if a guy isn't interested in that, you really wouldn't need to spend the big bucks for one of these....

Read the info that is in the link in the first post of this thread on the difference between an ECU, and a Fuel Controller. With a map fuel controler you will be messing with it all the time as the conditions to your machine or enviroment change. They are a pain in the ass, and a waste of money. A complete plug and play ECU replacement after installation will give you the best possible performance out of your machine at all times and in all conditions, without ever fooling with it again. Unless you do a major engine upgrade.

Last edited by wvyankee2 on Thu May 15, 2008 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU.   Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU. EmptyThu May 15, 2008 5:33 pm

Here is a pic of the VDI ECU in a Kingquad.

Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU. Vdidh1
Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU. Vdidh1.f7450045e2
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU.   Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU. EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:09 pm

Well guys, I can tell you from experience with VDI.........u get a great product with great customer service. Lyle is great about helping you tweak your unit if you are having issues. You do have to buy the programmer, but you do not have to buy any of the new maps when they come out. He posts them all on his website. I did not buy the programmer yet, but it is fully programmable. I know I am waiting for the VDI. Had great luck with mine for my King Quad.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU.   Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hope for the Rhino 700 ECU.
Page 1 of 1