SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ptototype Can-Am electric

Go down 
+4
nocerisdave
wvyankee2
Hollon
2Slow4U
8 posters
AuthorMessage
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Ptototype Can-Am electric Empty
PostSubject: Ptototype Can-Am electric   Ptototype Can-Am electric EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 7:28 pm

http://www.atvmag.com/article.asp?nid=2118&rez=1129&reload=true

To those who "pooh-pooh" the performance of electrics, remember that there is a market for them with hunters, epeciallyt -- as evidenced by the success of Bad Boy Buggies...

How big that market is is still TBD...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Ptototype Can-Am electric   Ptototype Can-Am electric EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 7:47 pm

I bet that will be a hit, I actually like it, slow but I bet it has enough torque to pull stumps. allright
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Ptototype Can-Am electric   Ptototype Can-Am electric EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:27 pm

2Slow4U wrote:

How big that market is is still TBD...

TBD by the Green rebates by the Government. thatsright

Cool vehicle though.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Ptototype Can-Am electric   Ptototype Can-Am electric EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:20 pm

With no gasoline engine....should be worth about 8K, in green rebates, right? If you live in a state where you can tag it it could qualify, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Ptototype Can-Am electric   Ptototype Can-Am electric EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:11 am

top speed is only 25mph on this unit
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Ptototype Can-Am electric   Ptototype Can-Am electric EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:48 pm

canam is always sniffin polaris for ideas, polaris has had a electric ranger a couple of years now ownedsm
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Ptototype Can-Am electric   Ptototype Can-Am electric EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 8:20 pm

GunRunner wrote:
canam is always sniffin polaris for ideas, polaris has had a electric ranger a couple of years now ownedsm

One year now. So I would say that Can Am has been working on the idea before Polaris released the electric ranger.

However, if I was you. I would be more afraid of the Cat. I think it is going to knock the RZR off the "ultimate trail machine" list..... thatsright
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Ptototype Can-Am electric   Ptototype Can-Am electric EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 10:16 am

Big-R wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

One year now. So I would say that Can Am has been working on the idea before Polaris released the electric ranger.

However, if I was you. I would be more afraid of the Cat. I think it is going to knock the RZR off the "ultimate trail machine" list..... thatsright

Not correct, Mr.R, Electric ranger came out in july 2009 as a 2010 model and then again as a 2011. thats 2 years not one or a "couple" as i stated. humper

As someone who has owned a Artic Cat, i wouldn't bet on anything they come out with being a threat to anything other than a rhino or big red, they have a history of lack luster vehicles that should have dominated but fell way short, 1000 atv and 1000 prowler, my bet is it will just be a cool looking pig feeder lol!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Ptototype Can-Am electric   Ptototype Can-Am electric EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 10:38 am

Looks like production is on the way.

BRP to produce electric Can-Am Commander

March 29, 2012

BRP will assemble specialized motorized vehicles derived from its line of products at a new plant located in Sherbrooke, Quebec. The facility will concentrate on assembling customized vehicles to meet the requirements of governments, municipalities, institutions and agencies, as well as individual consumers, according to a company press release. The new assembly plant will create 20 new jobs in Sherbrooke and will grow according to demand.

“This decision allows us to first assemble gasoline-powered vehicles with specific requirements from our existing products for which we already have orders from the Middle East,” said Jose Boisjoli, president and CEO. ”We will also make the most of the technologies developed at the Centre de technologies avancees BRP-University de Sherbrooke (CTA) and produce zero-emission electric vehicles.”

Ptototype Can-Am electric 41a09dae548c699b2690bb3

One of the specialized products being assembled at this new facility, the prototype of the Can-Am Commander electric side-by-side vehicle, was introduced in Montreal last summer during Club BRP. In light of the reaction from dealers, distributors and the media from around the world, BRP is going ahead with marketing and selling the Can-Am Commander electric side-by-side vehicle.

“We will be using the same marketing and distribution strategy that we used for our Can-Am Spyder roadster,” said Mihai Rasidescu, vice-president, Specialized Vehicles Group. “We will recruit from within our existing dealer network to develop the business and gradually expand as market demand grows. We will go out in phases and, starting July 1, 2012, the Can-Am Commander electric side-by-side vehicle will be on sale at some BRP dealers in Quebec, Ontario and Alberta, and in California, Florida, Illinois, New York, Texas and Virginia.”

The first Can-Am Commander electric side-by-side vehicle goes to Sherbrooke University, BRP’s partner in the CTA that developed the vehicle’s electric technology. The vehicle can reach a speed of 40 km/h (about 25 mph) and has a range of between 40 and 160 km (25-100 miles), depending on driving habits, vehicle speed, terrain conditions, weather temperature and battery type.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Ptototype Can-Am electric   Ptototype Can-Am electric EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 6:16 pm

I guess this is suppose to excite the SxS world... Sleep This excites me as much as the Volt........

Coo-does to Cat for trying to step up and make this sport exciting.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Ptototype Can-Am electric   Ptototype Can-Am electric EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 6:30 pm

I hope those arent the colors they plan to use.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Ptototype Can-Am electric   Ptototype Can-Am electric EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Big-R wrote:
I guess this is suppose to excite the SxS world... Sleep

Talked to a service mechanic at a Polaris dealer last weekend. He said the Ranger electric SxS will really surprise you. said it had a lot of low end torque, and people were getting 40-50 miles of trail riding out of one on a charge.

4 more years of Obama and this may be our only alternative to Mountain biking. lol!
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Ptototype Can-Am electric   Ptototype Can-Am electric EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 2:03 am

Let's equate this electric stuff to a smaller-scale. Being an avid R/C'er for over thirty years, I've seen almost all the "Latest and greatist" stuff come and go. Nitro (gas) in the R/C world is dead due to the advances in LiPo (Lithium-Polymer, sp) batteries and Brushless DC motors. The power is explosive..........In 30 years from now, as much as us us old-schoolers hate it ,we,our sons, grandkids, won't hear anything but tire-spin........
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Ptototype Can-Am electric   Ptototype Can-Am electric EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 7:58 am

If you can eliminate the passengers in a car or a SxS (like a RC car) then you could put a battery large enough to power it for more then 50 miles....... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ptototype Can-Am electric   Ptototype Can-Am electric Empty

Back to top Go down

Ptototype Can-Am electric
Page 1 of 1