SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

oversized axles

Go down 
+2
shawnley1222
Bad Behavior
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-04-03

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptySun May 18, 2008 11:54 am

I just wanted to pass on some info on a place to get oversized axles. Thecvman.com. I got mine from his Ebay store. They have a 1" OD, and stronger boot material. The only thing you have to re-use is your stock inner joints. I think you can get a complete axle from him as well. I just installed mine yesterday, so all I've done so far is make a few laps around the yard. But, from the looks of them, I think they'll be alright. He calls them "Monster Axles" and they go for $149.95, so at that price, you can get 2 for the price of 1 Gorilla. I still have to get 2 more so I'll have a matching set of 4. Like I said, I thought I would pass this along to people who are interested in oversized axles. rebel

oversized axles Rhino018
New front axle
oversized axles Rhino017
New rear axle

Last edited by Bad Behavior on Sun May 18, 2008 12:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptySun May 18, 2008 12:00 pm

Does he have a gurantee or anyhting like that since they are bigger and better he should have confidence and replace nay we break :)
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptySun May 18, 2008 12:34 pm

I don't recall. scratch I have emailed him so I should know tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
erskin18

erskin18

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-03-23

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptySun May 18, 2008 9:30 pm

Did it come with the inner cv? Is the axle smaller at the end so the stock cv will fit? :afro:
Back to top Go down
broknbonz

broknbonz

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-03-03

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptySun May 18, 2008 9:33 pm

erskin18 wrote:
Did it come with the inner cv? Is the axle smaller at the end so the stock cv will fit? :afro:

I know where your going with that Erskin, thinkn the same thing....... SNAP affraid
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptySun May 18, 2008 10:15 pm

broknbonz wrote:
erskin18 wrote:

I know where your going with that Erskin, thinkn the same thing....... SNAP affraid

so basically its just as weak its all mental still just as weak...scam BUSTED!!! geek lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptySun May 18, 2008 10:19 pm

broknbonz wrote:
erskin18 wrote:

I know where your going with that Erskin, thinkn the same thing.......
SNAP affraid

YUP, if it uses any of the stock cv, SNAPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rebel
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptySun May 18, 2008 10:24 pm

Saw a guy snap a new Gorilla this weekend. same deal, only had it in there a week. Still had the stock axle on the other side. I really think the stock axles are the strongest, and have heard that from other people who like to break them. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptySun May 18, 2008 10:26 pm

At least gorilla will send you a new one if you snap theirs Cool
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptySun May 18, 2008 10:35 pm

Good point on the stock inners. Haven't thought about that. I think I'll be OK, I don't pound on my poo too hard. The joint that I broke last weekend was 1 that I replaced not long ago, so it might have been something I did or some of the drinks I enjoyed while spinning the wrenches. I just thought I would pass this info on. I have emailed this guy about his guarentee and if he has them complete with inners. If I have furher problems, I will get Gorillas, but DAMN, I hate to come off that $$$$$.
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptySun May 18, 2008 10:55 pm

Bad Behavior wrote:
If I have furher problems, I will get Gorillas, but DAMN, I hate to come off that $$$$$.

BULL poo !!!! For $395 each or $1595 for 4, I'll stick with these. Hell, these are cheaper than stock... I haven't had a problem with the inners anyway, just the outers.
Back to top Go down
broknbonz

broknbonz

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptySun May 18, 2008 10:58 pm

hopefully he will offer some type of gaurantee with these axles, if so then it'sa good find. let us know
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptySun May 18, 2008 11:04 pm

I'll keep ya'll posted.......
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptySun May 18, 2008 11:17 pm

Just a little FYI, I just went to yamahasportsplaza.com, and stockers are $335 ea, and they have a 25% discount, Gorilla's are $395 ea, and these are $150. I don't know what my local Yamaha Stealership sells them for, so I am happy with this find.........
Back to top Go down
broknbonz

broknbonz

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptySun May 18, 2008 11:37 pm

true dealer cost on the axle complete is less than half of that price after the discount.

we need to find someone that has a connection with OEM parts and wants to make some money on the side suspect :D suspect
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptySun May 18, 2008 11:48 pm

Let me do some checking. suspect I am in the process of getting my tax ID #s and setting up a Rhino/ATV/4x4 parts & accessory business. Of coarse, all Southern SXS Riders supporting members will get a discount. Bare with me on this one, it will take a little while, since I will be doing this while I am home from offshore......
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:47 am

Bad Behavior wrote:
Just a little FYI, I just went to yamahasportsplaza.com, and stockers are $335 ea, and they have a 25% discount, Gorilla's are $395 ea, and these are $150. I don't know what my local Yamaha Stealership sells them for, so I am happy with this find.........

I dont know what the deal is with the 2004, but the 2007 axle assembly is only $149.00 each here

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-01-26

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:13 am

I bought an axle from him a long time ago for my Grizzly. Even before he had an eBay store. The reason to buy these from him are because they are less expensive than stock. It is a bit of a pain to take the axle apart and put it back together. I had a broken axle so it wasn't too big of a deal. It is a thicker axle than stock, although I don't know the metallurgy. I never broke his axle running 27.5" Mud Machine tires and riding aggressively and in a lot of mud. Also, keep in mind you are not getting the entire axle for that dollar amount.

Since then I did the Gorilla lift (bumped up to 29.5 Outlaws) on my Grizzly and have been very pleased with it. The biggest benefits of the Gorilla's is they have stronger mellalurgy and the joints are stronger and able to be operated in more severe angles.
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:20 pm

I just got a reply from the CV man, and these axles come with a 1 year replacement warranty, as long as the boots aren't torn and the joint aren't packed with mud.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptyMon May 19, 2008 4:56 pm

nice better then nothin and just clean and and replace boot Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
broknbonz

broknbonz

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptyMon May 19, 2008 8:14 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Bad Behavior wrote:

I dont know what the deal is with the 2004, but the 2007 axle assembly is only $149.00 each here

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx

you beat me to it, just looked myself. $149.00 for a complete rear axle is not bad at all
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles EmptyMon May 19, 2008 9:57 pm

I just looked at all 4 of the axles for the '04 on that website, $335 for the fronts and $353 for the rears. Why are the '04s so much higher than the rest? scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

oversized axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: oversized axles   oversized axles Empty

Back to top Go down

oversized axles
Page 1 of 1