SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RZR Power Steering

Go down 
+7
Smith700
ridepate
ChrisC
bush
Big-R
AIRBORNE
RZR_Joe
11 posters
AuthorMessage
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

RZR Power Steering Empty
PostSubject: RZR Power Steering   RZR Power Steering EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:55 am

While I'm doing a bunch of changes figured I'd add a p/s unit. Looking at the Super ATV unit. Anyone have one? Thoughts?

Also going to add a billet Gearone steering rack and new column bushings. Trying to decided between HPD bronze bushings or ones with needle bearings...comments?

What about quick disconnect steering wheel adpaters..any preferences?
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

RZR Power Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR Power Steering   RZR Power Steering EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:57 am

I would buy the Unisteer and not the one from Super ATV. Call Matt at ATV Outfiitters. He will hook you up with a good price.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

RZR Power Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR Power Steering   RZR Power Steering EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:04 am

AIRBORNE wrote:
I would buy the Unisteer and not the one from Super ATV. Call Matt at ATV Outfiitters. He will hook you up with a good price.

Tried to get them to make me a set of A-arm guards. Said they would get a pattern and make some. After a few weeks I emailed them to check the status...no response, even offered to send them arms to pattern from. Tried to call all day yesterday to order doors...no answer. Ended up ordering Pro-Armor doors. At this point don't have much confidence in a company that I can't get in touch with. Just my 2 cents.

Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

RZR Power Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR Power Steering   RZR Power Steering EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:15 am

He does travel a lot to set up for events. He might be on the road.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

RZR Power Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR Power Steering   RZR Power Steering EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:37 am

I have never had any problems with Matt. They have been a great company to work with. However, he is not a custom shop so I could see the A arms being a problem.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

RZR Power Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR Power Steering   RZR Power Steering EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 3:11 pm

RZR_Joe wrote:
AIRBORNE wrote:

Tried to get them to make me a set of A-arm guards. Said they would get a pattern and make some. After a few weeks I emailed them to check the status...no response, even offered to send them arms to pattern from. Tried to call all day yesterday to order doors...no answer. Ended up ordering Pro-Armor doors. At this point don't have much confidence in a company that I can't get in touch with. Just my 2 cents.

joe i think you have the 2 CO. mixed up. atv outfitters is not the same CO. that makes the JL2 doors. top dog is the CO that makes the doors and atvoutfitters is a co. that sells all kinds of stuff for atv/sxs but i dont think they make anything just sell at great prices.

PM Tmanpoker to contact top dog

PM atvoutfitters.net for atv outfitters
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

RZR Power Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR Power Steering   RZR Power Steering EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 3:31 pm

Doh...Thanks Bush. I did cross them up, I was thinking Top Dog not ATV Outfitters.

Anyone have any thoughts....unisteer unit VS ez-steer unit?
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

RZR Power Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR Power Steering   RZR Power Steering EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:47 pm

RZR_Joe wrote:
Doh...Thanks Bush. I did cross them up, I was thinking Top Dog not ATV Outfitters.

Anyone have any thoughts....unisteer unit VS ez-steer unit?

Joe , I have the unisteer on my S.
it was bought for my Rhino back in 08 , it was on there
a year , sold with 888 miles. i switched it over changed the brackets and
put it on my 09 S and it has about 850 miles. so both together is over 1700
miles. and it has never give any trouble at all.
I would buy another. and unisteer is good people to work with..... allright
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

RZR Power Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR Power Steering   RZR Power Steering EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 11:21 pm

Joe, The Super-ATV PS unit is a Uni-Steer copy that has great reviews. Both are made in Chinoville......
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

RZR Power Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR Power Steering   RZR Power Steering EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 12:42 am

I have the Uni-Steer on the Rhino.......I won't own another machine without PS. I have a Tractor-Knob mounted on my steering wheel and I can drive most anywhere with 1-hand.
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

RZR Power Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR Power Steering   RZR Power Steering EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:00 am

Joe, I only have one working arm and I put the uni-steer on my Teryx. Granted, at the time the super atv unit wasn't on the market yet, I have never second guessed my unit. It works great and totally eliminates bump steer. I purchased mine from Todd at Hunterworks due to their magnificient customer service. I haven't had the opportunty to do business with Matt yet, but I'm sure I will sometime soon. Good Luck with your choice.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

RZR Power Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR Power Steering   RZR Power Steering EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:34 am

Thanks for the comments guys. Think I'll order the Super ATV unit tomorrow. I managed to pickup a new Gearone billet steering rack for $177!!! cheers

RZR Power Steering Gearon10

Back to top Go down
jerr_81
SSXSRider Member
jerr_81

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-11-08

RZR Power Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR Power Steering   RZR Power Steering EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 2:32 pm

Im paralyzed and I have the unisteer on mine an love it.And dont have alot of arm strenght an have to drive with 1 arm. I had problems with mine burning modules out but it was the way they had hooked it up. Burned 2 up. But they sent me 1 both times at no charge and NO questions asked. Great company to deal with!!!! Would buy a unisteer again
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/minor37617
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

RZR Power Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR Power Steering   RZR Power Steering EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:02 am

Moved to Polaris forum
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

RZR Power Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR Power Steering   RZR Power Steering EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:37 pm

jerr_81 wrote:
Im paralyzed and I have the unisteer on mine an love it.And dont have alot of arm strenght an have to drive with 1 arm. I had problems with mine burning modules out but it was the way they had hooked it up. Burned 2 up. But they sent me 1 both times at no charge and NO questions asked. Great company to deal with!!!! Would buy a unisteer again

wvyankee2 wrote:
Moved to Polaris forum

But Jerr_81 doesn't have a Polaris..... lol!
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

RZR Power Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR Power Steering   RZR Power Steering EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:41 am

I hope the superatv works my buddy had some problems with his and he had to take his buggy to them and get them to fix.But they did take care of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
Sponsored content

RZR Power Steering Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR Power Steering   RZR Power Steering Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR Power Steering
Page 1 of 1