SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brimstone to Gobey!

Go down 
+9
nocerisdave
MuddyBuddy
Smith700
girdlerrzr
Dan
chipper
stealth
Craig_C
jodyt
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dan

Dan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Brimstone to Gobey! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:03 pm

Yes, you can get into the outskirts of Middlesboro without problems. I don't think I would want to try heading downtown. I'm not certain about an available service station. Take 4-5 gallons of gas along and you won't need a service station to do a round trip.

You can't ride the ridgeline all the way into Middlesboro anymore. The watershed that drains into Fern Lake has became part of the Cumberland Gap National Park... and closed to all ORVs. However, several miles of the ridgeline is open, and provides one of the best riding adventures that I know about... with more obstacles per mile than anywhere else. The unending scenic view/s of the Powell Valley is absolutely awesome. This should be ridden between now and spring time when the leaves start to obscure the views.

The section of ridgeline between Wilson Gap and Carr Gap is extremely tight for the wider SxSs. This one isn't SxS friendly. Anything larger than a regular RZR and Rhino will have great difficulty. I have problems with my RZR+. Buck said he wouldn't do it again in his XP. I think that 6 miles wore him out.

I wouldn't plan on doing all the ridgeline, going into Middlesboro, and back to RB in the same day. The ridgeline trails are difficult, bordering on the extreme, and slow at best.
Back to top Go down
70BOSS302

70BOSS302

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:23 pm

Dan,
With the assistance of your GE version maps and your maps loaded in my Garmin could a person plan this out in detail beforehand?

Jamie
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:29 pm

Tackett tracks aren't on the GE version or the GPS version.
Back to top Go down
70BOSS302

70BOSS302

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:19 am

What the heck Dan. I do not know how to ride anymore if I can't pull your maps up on my GPS.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:14 pm

70BOSS302 wrote:
What the heck Dan. I do not know how to ride anymore if I can't pull your maps up on my GPS.
If you've already ridden all those tracks, you've put in a lot of riding.

The problem for me is liability for mapping private propery without permission. That could get sticker than what I am prepared for. This mapping thing is just a byproduct of a great hobby... there wasn't any decent maps... and became a spare time hobby in itself.
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:46 pm

bco may know the way but i know that if u can get to tackett creek than u can get to mboro easily to get gas if need b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brimstone to Gobey!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2