SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?

Go down 
+11
PWM
ridepate
cajuncoot
will_reed
bush
Gimpy
GunRunner
MuddyBuddy
hobbz
muddy-one
bacon
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 5:43 am

Ive been looking at some Rangers and i like the new XP 900 ranger, but don't know if id be happy with the switch and i know my wife wouldn't approve me having both lol. I like all the extra space the ranger has and the big bed, but they seem like they'd be really top heavy compared to an S or XP rzr. Any input would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
muddy-one
SSXSRider Member
muddy-one

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:52 am

I don't own a Ranger, but was very impressed during the Mason ride at Brimestone. There was three with our group and they went just about any place a RZR could go. A couple times the size of the cage seamed to be the only problem. But they went everywhere the RZR4 went.
Back to top Go down
hobbz

hobbz

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:51 am

Some spacers and/or aftermarket wheels will help lower the c.o.g.
Back to top Go down
http://redneckridgeriders.com
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 9:29 am

I drove one of the new 900 rangers last weekend and that thing is def not the ranger of old. Its still no rzr but it is definitely sweet! The owner of the guys I was driving said he is in love with it.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 11:13 am

the new 900 ranger is cool, im liking it a bunch
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 4:09 pm

ARMY has the old Ranger, like Jimbo, and they both took them up the stair steps at Windrock last year. They do look top heavy, so you have to know the limit. I don't know about Jimbo, but ARMY has never had a limit yet.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 11:51 pm

a ranger with a mid travel kit would be the shit. perfect10 humper i love riding the ranger on the farm. just so much easier to get around (turn much better) and in and out of. just takes getting use to setting up like driving a bus.

im thinking of going with the 900 ranger in the next year or so. if i do i will keep my S for when its just me but i will need seating for 3 soon so it will be a ranger or and xp4. with the xp4 i would have to sell my S so we will see. Yamaha may have a machine to fit my needs by then.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
will_reed

will_reed

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2012-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 3:13 pm

I've ridden with RZRs and I think if your riding style is suited to the Ranger then you'd be fine. I saw one spot on our last trip that I couldn't follow the 900 in front of me because I didn't have the HP, if less HP and a little rougher ride is worth the extra room and capacities to you...
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:48 pm

i only got one thing to say ,,,OL PATE ,, will take that ranger ANYWHERE AND I MEAN ANNNYWHEEEEREEE YA'LL POINT HIM !! good buggy and no squat to pee factor with him !!!!!
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 10:13 pm

I know i have changed my mind 100 times on whether i would trade my rzr s in or keep it, but we disscussed trading today and unless i change my mind between now and the end of next week i will be bringing home a new xp 900 ranger. Ready for something different. Will post pics when i make the trade.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 10:42 pm

Sweet bacon!! I think you'll be happy. I'd love a new 900 but my 800 is fine for now. It's been a reliable machine and it fits our lifestyle.
That Orange-Madness Ranger XP900 is the cats meow!!!!!

And it ain't "The Old Ranger" Gimpy....They still make the 800 too......it's no different than my 2010 (except toothpick axles and poor wiring-harneses....lol)

Last edited by ridepate on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 10:47 pm

I do like the orange but im cheap so im going with the solar red.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 11:52 pm

Not quite my style but damn....

Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? 2b65no
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 11:57 pm

I like the arched a arms. Im thinking when i can afford it i will go with a 2 or 3" lift 28" bighorns or something close to them on the sti beadlocks like.yours but black with a red bead ring. How do you like those wheels so far?
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:16 am

I'm liking the STI wheels bacon. Good wheel at a decent price-point. They have what is called Slik-Coat too. Nothing sticks to them. As far as arched-arms go, Backwoods would be my choice, no doubt. I'm eyeballing a set..... Laughing
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:02 am

The first mod I would make is the Backwoods arched a-arms. Hands down the best mod I have made.
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:49 pm

RZR is gone!
Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? Ranger10
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:41 pm

Congrats man!!!! allright
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:23 pm

Thanks, put roof, front and rear windshield on it earlier and its off to windrock 2marro for a break in ride.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:50 pm

bacon wrote:
Thanks, put roof, front and rear windshield on it earlier and its off to windrock 2marro for a break in ride.

Let us know how it goes. Good and the bad. I'd expect there will be more good tho...
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:17 am

Congrats on the new ride.
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:54 am

congrats !!! i went from a 2010 ranger to mt xp900 rzr .my ranger would go anywhere i pointed it .the only thing i hated was the church pew seat ....it killed my back after about 5-6 hours ride .

Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? 05271010
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:45 am

ridepate wrote:
Not quite my style but damn....

Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? 2b65no

I think that would suit me very nicely, Jim......that is a sweeeeet ride in this old Hippies book Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 2:42 pm

perfect10

give us a review between the 2 after some set time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:17 pm

Congrats
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?   Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone went from a RZR to Ranger?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next