SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday!

Go down 
+4
Big-R
cajuncoot
RZR_Joe
Woodtick
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday! Empty
PostSubject: Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday!   Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:31 am

Most sad I've had for a while. I loved that old dog. Many of you may remember our Grand Daughter's early showing. (3 months early) Coming in at only 1 lb. 15 ozs. When they finally got to bring the baby home from the hospital, Sandy (lab) would NOT leave that child's side. During the daytime she was never much more than an arms length from her and slept under her bassinet at night and just dared someone to mess with the baby! I've mourned the loss of this dog more than some members of my family! She will be missed badly. Rest in peace my beloved friend. Cancer just sucks!

Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday! 227008_223349904347493_100000174552947_1094698_1971581_n
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday!   Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:56 am

I feel your pain brother, we are dog folks ourselves. A few years back we lost all three of ours within a year. Our two huskies were 14 and our boxer was 9. Our male husky "Bandit" was smarter and had more personality than most humans I've met. Will always miss than boy, was one helluva dog.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday!   Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:26 pm

feel the pain here also . we have put down 4 in the last 10 years and it makes me cry like a baby when i dig that hole and put the lid on the box ,, better than most people i know like joe said .
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday!   Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:53 pm

Hate to hear that Tick.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday!   Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:19 pm

That's absolutely the hardest part of my job. Just this afternoon I had to put a dog to sleep for a friend of mine. She was a 14 year old Weimeraner that had developed a severe heart condition in addition to some neurological signs. It isn't very easy to see the needle slip into the vein when tears are clouding your eyes.

Your family has my sympathy.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday!   Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:37 pm

I am like you Tick, the older we get the more we become attached to our pets. Been there to many times, like Coot. Digging the hole and putting the dirt on just kills me to not be able to pet them or play with them just one more time.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday!   Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 7:42 pm

Very sorry for your loss, Woody.....my heart goes out to you.
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday!   Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 8:56 pm

Sorry for your loss. I still feel sad when i think about my dog when he had to be put down years ago when i was a teenager. We grew up together and it sucked.
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday!   Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday! Empty

Back to top Go down

Youngest Daughter's Lab had to be put down yesterday!
Page 1 of 1