SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question for the knowledgable here???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mtsheron

mtsheron

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-02-21

Question for the knowledgable here??? Empty
PostSubject: Question for the knowledgable here???   Question for the knowledgable here??? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:05 pm

Looking into a Polaris Ranger 800 in either LE or base model. Really could go either way. I just want to know the ups and downs of Ranger ownership you guys have experienced. In other words areas that are problematic and areas that are great compared to other UTV's.

My time frame to purchase is about 1 year. I know what your thinking......why so long. I am buying 21 acres about 3.5 hours from where I live now and moving next year to build on it and don't need it until then. Plus I am doing all my research right now to see if the Ranger is truly my taste or maybe another brand like a Yamaha Rhino. Don't throw rocks yet at me for suggesting a Rhino...........if you have owned both tell me what is best about the Ranger over the Rhino.

I have to tell you............I like the Ranger much better and it will more than likely be the ticket but you never know for sure until the money hits the hand!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.ncairgunners.com
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Question for the knowledgable here???   Question for the knowledgable here??? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:57 pm

I will chime in have had RhINO new in o8 the 700 is a graet machine , has been a work horse and little braekdowns , just brakes
haul deer every saeson, firewood 6 cord last year,replaced axle due to rough trail riding, i am one off the last Rhino owners here,watch for new rhino this year. WE also go on the SXS trail rides most of the time the Rhino stays with the po poos , it is not a sport machine it is a utility machine so you have to decide play or work, for me the RHINO does both for my purposes, from what i have seen the new 900 ranger is a beast , but wait lots of new machines on the market this yaer. 2cents
Back to top Go down
wvregulators
SSXSRider Member
wvregulators

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2012-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Question for the knowledgable here???   Question for the knowledgable here??? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:11 pm

SORRY CANT HELP YA, I HAVE A WILDCAT GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Question for the knowledgable here???   Question for the knowledgable here??? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 11:53 pm

I just got a ranger and couldn't be happier, love the room, underseat storage, and the fact you stay clean while riding. Rode this past weekend and got into some rougher stuff and it done just as good as my rzr done.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Question for the knowledgable here???   Question for the knowledgable here??? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:22 pm

I bought my Rhino is 08 and still have it. I have taken that machine almost everywhere my RZR has gone. It is a great tough machine. However, it mainly just works around the house now.

I now have a RZR XP 900. This is the machine I do all my trail riding with. I ride pretty crazy on the trails. Big hills and hard rock crawls. This is the best machine I have found for this type of riding.

If I were looking to buy a machine of both sport and utility it would be either the Ranger or Teryx.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for the knowledgable here???   Question for the knowledgable here??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Question for the knowledgable here???
Page 1 of 1