SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Directions to Wilborns with Pictures

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Directions to Wilborns with Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Directions to Wilborns with Pictures   Directions to Wilborns with Pictures EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 7:26 am

Get off at exit 299 and head east on CR-490 for approx .23 miles were the road will Y at a gas station. Go right on CR-565.

Directions to Wilborns with Pictures IMG_2364

Directions to Wilborns with Pictures IMG_2363

That is the side of Qwerty's truck and my SUV behind it at the time, was before I had my silverado.
Directions to Wilborns with Pictures IMG_2362

Stay on CR-565 for approx 3.7 miles then turn right on CR-564 at the Stouts Mtn. Baptist Church sign..

Directions to Wilborns with Pictures IMG_2361

CR-564 will dead end in approx 1.5 miles were you will turn right onto CR-522. There will be a Wilbourns ATV Trails sign along with another Stouts Mtn. Baptist Church sign.

Directions to Wilborns with Pictures IMG_2360
Directions to Wilborns with Pictures IMG_2359

Directions to Wilborns with Pictures IMG_2358

CR-522 is the road that Wilbourns is on. You should go about 2.2 miles on CR-522 before you see Wilbourns on your left.

Directions to Wilborns with Pictures IM000157

Again give credit to Bamaboggers and Qwerty for the pictures. I did take that very last pic. This is 10 miles quicker than going all the way to Exit 291.
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Directions to Wilborns with Pictures   Directions to Wilborns with Pictures EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 1:24 pm

I emailed Wilburns asking for an address to put in my GPS to get there and here is his response.........

The address is 4859 Co Rd 522 Hanceville, AL 35055. You can get to the park from Exit 291 or 299 off I-65 i8f you have to get on I-65. You can call for directions also (256) 737-9595. Thanks and hope to see you guys.

Hope it helps some of you.!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Directions to Wilborns with Pictures   Directions to Wilborns with Pictures EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 6:21 pm

Tellico450 wrote:
I emailed Wilburns asking for an address to put in my GPS to get there and here is his response.........

The address is 4859 Co Rd 522 Hanceville, AL 35055. You can get to the park from Exit 291 or 299 off I-65 i8f you have to get on I-65. You can call for directions also (256) 737-9595. Thanks and hope to see you guys.

Hope it helps some of you.!!! lol!

r u all going this week end??? who all is going?? somebody tell me how to get there from chattanooga.i know how to get to gadsden and where the nocalulla falls exit is and the gadsden exit after the falls exit.how far is wilborns fron gadsden??
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Directions to Wilborns with Pictures   Directions to Wilborns with Pictures EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 7:46 pm

Rhinomcb this may be out of the way but you can take I-24 from Chattanooga back over to Hwy 72 going west towards Huntsville.

Go on throught Huntsville on I-565 and pick up I-65 south to Exit 299. Then follow my directions above.

so....this is what you have to work with

I-24
72 west bound
I-565

I-65 to exit 299

I will be there this upcoming weekend (Feb. 2) at 8:00am - 8:30am somewhere between then. Hopefully there will be 20-30 in the group if everyone who has posted here shows up. Probably will do a cookout at lunchtime (grilling hamburgers\hotdogs).
Back to top Go down
bamaboy

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Directions to Wilborns with Pictures   Directions to Wilborns with Pictures EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 8:22 pm

From Gadsden, you are about 65 miles. You would need to take 278 west for 35 miles and then turn left on Hwy 91 and go about 15 miles till you get to Hanceville.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Directions to Wilborns with Pictures   Directions to Wilborns with Pictures EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 8:47 pm

bamaboy wrote:
From Gadsden, you are about 65 miles. You would need to take 278 west for 35 miles and then turn left on Hwy 91 and go about 15 miles till you get to Hanceville.

thanks i just got through map questing it and thats the way i would take.going through huntsville would be about 35 miles farther.im guessing i could make it in about 2 .5 hrs.i can get 2 gadsden in about 1hr and 20 min
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Directions to Wilborns with Pictures   Directions to Wilborns with Pictures EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 11:03 pm

mcb, that's not far at all... i thought you were about 5hrs away. nice.

ATV_Rick... whos' bringing the grill? and what do you need me to bring? sausage, hot dogs, etc? just let me know...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Directions to Wilborns with Pictures   Directions to Wilborns with Pictures EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 5:34 am

Wheels in the other thread I think it was "Bamaboy" posting about bringing a grill first. Just something everyone needs to decide about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Directions to Wilborns with Pictures   Directions to Wilborns with Pictures Empty

Back to top Go down

Directions to Wilborns with Pictures
Page 1 of 1