SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

XP 1K destroyed!!

Go down 
+15
njcraddock
8ball_99
ohsresq
ridepate
RedNeckRanger
oldmustangjunkie
edge22
GunRunner
seweljj
Big-R
BluDevil
girdlerrzr
RickyBobby
Gimpy
samiam
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 8:09 pm

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid 
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
RickyBobby

RickyBobby

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2013-12-11

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 9:01 pm

perfect10  No guts no glory; I applaud the effort!
 clap 
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-10-26

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 11:31 pm

Its same hill that had the mav come flipping down a couple months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAp0ODTTzFA

Also saw where they have bulldozed the hill
Back to top Go down
BluDevil
SSXSRider Member
BluDevil

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2013-03-01

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 11:32 pm

4Sale
Back to top Go down
RickyBobby

RickyBobby

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 11:41 pm

girdlerrzr wrote:
Its same hill that had the mav come flipping down a couple months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAp0ODTTzFA

Also saw where they have bulldozed the hill

If those fellers would calm down and milk that climb a little, I think their outcome would be a little different... I know, I know.....talk is cheap but I betcha
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 11:50 pm

If those fellers would calm down and milk that climb a little, I think their outcome would be a little different... I know, I know.....talk is cheap but I betcha[/quote]

Its been bulldozed down to like a freeway now!
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 9:29 am

WOW Gird, dyou walk away from that? How bad you tear your buggy up?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 11:55 am

Those are some bad wrecks.  affraid 
Back to top Go down
seweljj
SSXSRider Member
seweljj

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2012-01-18

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 10:41 am

That hill has claimed a lot of buggies. The issue is the rock ledge near the top. It throws you left and if you don't feather the throttle just right, the results are bad. Ashley and I climbed it 2-3 times the very first day we had our 900.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 11:25 am

Typical backward flip that new type rear suspension gets you, back end squats front end comes up and its on, they should can that rear end design and go back to standard a arms.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
RickyBobby

RickyBobby

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 11:34 am

seweljj wrote:
That hill has claimed a lot of buggies.  The issue is the rock ledge near the top. It throws you left and if you don't feather the throttle just right, the results are bad.  Ashley and I climbed it 2-3 times the very first day we had our 900.

Dang Jason, that was a pretty bold hill for you and Ashley to be going up when you first got the RZR. My thoughts exactly about feathering the throttle at those ledges...but there is a learning curve .. Just how much to feather... Too much throttle your going over, too little an loose momentum...scary no doubt!
Back to top Go down
edge22

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-10-02

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 8:20 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Typical backward flip that new type rear suspension gets you, back end squats front end comes up and its on, they should can that rear end design and go back to standard a arms.

Your shitting me rite? You said the same thing about my back flip in my xp and I was the driver and know what happen. Its called having a machine with power and not having the correct throttle managment.
Back to top Go down
oldmustangjunkie
SSXSRider Member
oldmustangjunkie

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2013-02-11

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 8:58 pm

GunRunner wrote:

I think it's just a tough spot. The Maverick has a-arms, the RZR has trailing links. They both flipped at the same place.
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 9:13 pm

You all know that gunny is full of shit and always will be ! He will go to his grave saying the 800 s is the best! The only reason why is, thatsright  he hasn't owned anything different. hide hide hide 
Back to top Go down
RickyBobby

RickyBobby

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 9:48 pm

RedNeckRanger wrote:
You all know that gunny is full of shit and always will be ! He will go to his grave saying the 800 s is the best! The only reason why is, thatsright  he hasn't owned anything different. hide hide hide 

XP 1K destroyed!! 13435 
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 10:11 pm

I will let him barrow mine sometime and let him see the light .....just let me know gunny when ....
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 11:08 am

hey, im not saying a 800 is better just that the rear suspension is less prone to flip backs, id buy a xp1000 in a hearbeat if it had a a arm rear end. But hey craig id love to flip your xp and tear it all to hell  roflmao when can we do that?  thatsright 
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 11:09 am

edge22 wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

Your shitting me rite? You said the same thing about my back flip in my xp and I was the driver and know what happen. Its called having a machine with power and not having the correct throttle managment.

your right, all your crashes are driver error im sure  roflmao 
Back to top Go down
RickyBobby

RickyBobby

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 11:25 am

GunRunner wrote:
hey, im not saying a 800 is better just that the rear suspension is less prone to flip backs, id buy a xp1000 in a hearbeat if it had a a arm rear end. But hey craig id love to flip your xp and tear it all to hell  roflmao when can we do that?  thatsright 

I've seen way more 800 flip backwards than XP's. Actually the XP's are more stable because of the longer wheel base. You are barking up the wrong tree trying to blame flip overs on the superior rear suspension of the XP in comparison to the 800. I would like to hear you explain the mechanics behind your claim because I'm not understanding how you can draw such a conclusion.  scratch  To be honest with you, i think its ignorant thinking but IDK maybe I'm missing something  and  I am the ignorant one but i will give you the benefit of the doubt and let you explain exactly why the 800 suspension is less prone to backflips. geek
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 4:48 pm

Come on now let old Jerry out to play !  roflmao Any body who took geometry should understand my view of this, with trailing arms located in line to the frame hinged and going to the rear you will get way more downward flex than with something located horizontal to the frame. When you add in the xtra power and stomp it, a xp squats in the rear and the front rises way more than anything built with the a arm type. Go watch all the xp videos you want, when they get on a steep grade and someone big foots the gas, the ass  squats hard and the front wheels come up and if its enough over it goes. you see guys do it all the time on flat ground the rear squats and the front wheels lift almost off, its just the way it is. The xp was built for the sand, and the suspension was built to handle whoops, and it does this way better than the old design.  thatsright Razz

Last edited by GunRunner on Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
edge22

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-10-02

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 5:21 pm

GunRunner wrote:
edge22 wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

your right, all your crashes are driver error im sure  roflmao 

How often is a crash not driver error? WTF 
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 5:34 pm

In SXS's your right but many times it had some help from alcohol!
Back to top Go down
RickyBobby

RickyBobby

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 8:39 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Come on now let old Jerry out to play !  roflmao Any body who took geometry should understand my view of this, with trailing arms located in line to the frame hinged and going to the rear you will get way more downward flex than with something located horizontal to the frame. When you add in the xtra power and stomp it, a xp squats in the rear and the front rises way more than anything built with the a arm type. Go watch all the xp videos you want, when they get on a steep grade and someone big foots the gas, the ass  squats hard and the front wheels come up and if its enough over it goes. you see guys do it all the time on flat ground the rear squats and the front wheels lift almost off, its just the way it is. The xp was built for the sand, and the suspension was built to handle whoops, and it does this way better than the old design.  thatsright Razz

Thanks for the reply. I see your view but you are making the wrong association by comparing two different machiens. Tons of other factors are involved when flipping backwards. It has more so to do with physics than geometry.

I doubt you could get two people to agree with you that the XP flips over easier than the S based on suspension geometry alone. You make it sound like they flip over at the drop of a hat which is not the case.

I have never seen a hill that an S can go up that a XP can't in terms of grade. However, I have seen hills that a S can't get up but a XP can. Maybe people  that have owned both can chime in and give their experience with it..

Last edited by RickyBobby on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 9:50 pm

[quote="samiam"]WOW Gird, dyou walk away from that?  How bad you tear your buggy up?[/quote That wasn't me bud

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

XP 1K destroyed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! Empty

Back to top Go down

XP 1K destroyed!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next