SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

XP 1K destroyed!!

Go down 
+15
njcraddock
8ball_99
ohsresq
ridepate
RedNeckRanger
oldmustangjunkie
edge22
GunRunner
seweljj
Big-R
BluDevil
girdlerrzr
RickyBobby
Gimpy
samiam
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 11:28 pm

Really safe doors huh??? Keep it civil guys.
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 6:31 pm

I agree with everything Gunny is sayin. I think the XPs are junk and I wouldn't have one if you gave it to me.  Signed, 800 owner thatsright
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 7:41 pm

Did this guy walk away ok? Just wondering after a tumble like that. affraid affraid affraid 
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 7:47 pm

Well since we are having a pissing contest I guess I will join in.....

I have owned both machines 820 S RZR and a 900 XP. Without question the 900 is a more capable machine. The 900 has more wheel travel, more ground clearance and more power. Also, I have had very little trouble out of the XP other than bushings and ball joints (2,600 miles).

Now I know many people will say the S can go anywhere the XP goes and that is usually true. So with that said we all should have saved a ton of money and kept our Rhinos. They went everywhere an S could go.......
Back to top Go down
edge22

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-10-02

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 7:53 pm

Big-R wrote:
Well since we are having a pissing contest I guess I will join in.....

I have owned both machines 820 S RZR and a 900 XP.  Without question the 900 is a more capable machine.  The 900 has more wheel travel, more ground clearance and more power.  Also, I have had very little trouble out of the XP other than bushings and ball joints (2,600 miles).

Now I know many people will say the S can go anywhere the XP goes and that is usually true.  So with that said we all should have saved a ton of money and kept our Rhinos.  They went everywhere an S could go.......    

Well said.  RZR 

Yes the guy was ok, he posted the vid in a sxs group on facebook. Then he got flamed by the know it all's that have never crashed or made a mistake much less attemted to climb anything like that hill.
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-10-26

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 10:48 pm

y'all just need can am's ownedsm thatsright 
Back to top Go down
RickyBobby

RickyBobby

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2013-12-11

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 12:35 am

girdlerrzr wrote:
y'all just need can am's ownedsm thatsright 

lol!  I couldn't talk edge22 into it, he brought home a XP 1K today. He was really fond of the can am  but I think badride's  horror story of having to change a belt on his Maverick out on the trails, laying in the mud with water running down his back spooked him from it..   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 13435 

He will really be able to sail off gravel roads now with the 1k!  affraid

Just another 1k waiting to be destroyed so the title of the thread is appropriate. Those dang Junky XP's just turn over way damn too easy.  XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 13435
Back to top Go down
edge22

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 9:00 am

Same hill in a S.
Dam those trailing arms on the XP lol
Back to top Go down
RickyBobby

RickyBobby

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 9:25 am

edge22 wrote:

Same hill in a S.

roflmao 

Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 9:50 am

edge22 wrote:

Same hill in a S.

His problem was he went with a red cooler and white top. EVERYONE knows the blue cooler with white lid is the correct equipment... Not only did it make him roll it fell apart and tossed all its contents on the ground.  Sad 

As far as all the 800-900-1k stuff. A longer wheel base machine is going to climb hills better inless it high centers. I do not miss my 800 or 800 S at all. Pretty much anyone that has an S and rides with me on trails with in a few mins they get a grin and start saying that I'm cheating... It rides better, has more power and climbs like a goat. Change out the suspension to high clearance stuff and imho there isnt' really isn't much of a downside. How many guys on here have went from a 900 back to an 800??? thatsright 
Back to top Go down
RickyBobby

RickyBobby

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 10:05 am

Here , for easier comparison. It is clear that the S did a much better job. It didn't seem to land as hard and didn't roll as far....   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 13435 Also notice on its last roll how well the geometry of the rear A-Arm suspension soaked up that last landing--and notice how upon  shock compression how added width is gained to add stability--you only see this with A-Arm geometry.. lol!  ownedsm 

Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 10:28 am

RickyBobby wrote:
Here , for easier comparison. It is clear that the S did a much better job. It didn't seem to land as hard and didn't roll as far....   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 13435 Also notice on its last roll how well the geometry of the rear A-Arm suspension soaked up that last landing--and notice how upon  shock compression how added width is gained to add stability--you only see this with A-Arm geometry.. lol!  ownedsm 

roflmao 
On a side note, at least the stock cages held together.
I don't want to gang up on Gunny, BUT, having gone from an 800s to a 900XP like a lot of other people on here, I can honestly attest to the fact that they are a world apart. The trailing arm suspension in no way detracts from it's capabilities. And there are places that I feel much more secure in the XP than I ever did in the S. Breakage is a factor that is in direct proportion to the amount of skinny pedal applied and alcohol intake. Right Big-R?
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 11:16 am

That video just shows that hill is really bad and not very climbable so you guys can say what you want, but truth is in the carnage, xp's flip easier than the S,  Razz 

But I feel your pain, you have one, you paid big bucks for it, you want it to be better than the previous model and im sure it is in many ways but not in every way and that's just the truth of it. maybe stiffing the rear will help but just remember next time you got that nose pointed skyward too much foot will get you in rubber ball mode bounce bounce bounce roflmao  Oh and just remember ricky bobby don't give a crap about the subject he's just  pot poo  the best he can cause he can't stay in undercover mode it just kill's him! that's what he always does!!!  ownedsm XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 970432 XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 970432 XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 970432 lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
RickyBobby

RickyBobby

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 11:35 am

GunRunner wrote:
That video just shows that hill is really bad and not very climbable so you guys can say what you want, but truth is in the carnage, xp's flip easier than the S,  Razz 

But I feel your pain, you have one, you paid big bucks for it, you want it to be better than the previous model and im sure it is in many ways but not in every way and that's just the truth of it. maybe stiffing the rear will help but just remember next time you got that nose pointed skyward too much foot will get you in rubber ball mode bounce bounce bounce roflmao  Oh and just remember ricky bobby don't give a crap about the subject he's just  pot poo  the best he can cause he can't stay in undercover mode it just kill's him! that's what he always does!!!  ownedsm XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 970432 XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 970432 XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 970432 lol! lol!

And people say that I am the delusional one.  uplaugh  Im Just here to enjoy our sport and share ideas and thoughts with friends.  And I am not affraid  to express my opinion .  old glory 

Nothing to do with  pot  ...  BigR doesn't rule as a dictator and I have great respect for that. I mean the shit I've pulled, the shit I have said..etc and the man still lets me be?   BigR may be little in stature but he really is a Big Man. All that some have going for them is just big in size.   thatsright   thisrocks
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 12:18 pm

BigR  does rule as a dictator if he chooses to do so, but he also rules like we do on our forum and that's to listen to our members, they sealed JERRZR'S  fate after many pleadings from us to calm down the outpouring of good members asking we ban you left us with no choice so we finally did. As far as BigR goes, I judge people on their actions not their looks... funny ive known Ronnie many years and never thought he looked anything but normal lol! Carry on Jerry, long as you pretend to be nice they will let you stick around im sure.  Laughing  
Back to top Go down
RickyBobby

RickyBobby

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 12:32 pm

GunRunner wrote:
BigR  does rule as a dictator if he chooses to do so, but he also rules like we do on our forum and that's to listen to our members, they sealed JERRZR'S  fate after many pleadings from us to calm down the outpouring of good members asking we ban you left us with no choice so we finally did. As far as BigR goes, I judge people on their actions not their looks... funny ive known Ronnie many years and never thought he looked anything but normal lol! Carry on Jerry, long as you pretend to be nice they will let you stick around im sure.  Laughing  

I am RickyBobby. Why do you continue to come here and muddy up BigRs site with this  XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 970432  crap? ? I gave BigR a promise that I intend to keep but you are making it hard. If you want my "words" then I would be glad to continue this on your site but you wont let me be there so you don't deserve the right to play here.  I am not going to disrespect BigR with this  poo and wil no longer respond to any of your instigating posts.
Sorry BigR.  Sad  Cunny needs a  spank
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 12:45 pm

The height of  DISRESPECT as I see it is  that you are here after all the shit you spewed on many forums for years about this site and all its great members. thatsright
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 12:56 pm

GunRunner wrote:

I'm sorry Gunny but I have to stick up for Ricky Bobby here. I don't care if he's in undercover mode or not, the poster known as Ricky Bobby has been civil here. If that changes then I'm sure Big-R will step in. But it seems to me that the only shit stirring that is going on is not coming from him. Please, let it go man.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 1:43 pm

JERRZR WROTE wrote:
Sorry BigR.  Sad  Cunny needs a  spank

uplaugh  hide  XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 13435  XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 13435  XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 13435 

njcraddock, The history here goes way back before you were ever here, There are  many that understand where im coming from and feel the same way, anyway, im done with all this please excuse the hijack and carry on  allright
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 3:48 pm

busted

keep it civil and all is good. nothing wrong with a good debate.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Hiteckredneckxp
SSXSRider Member
Hiteckredneckxp

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 4:19 pm

bush wrote:
busted

keep it civil and all is good.   nothing wrong with a good debate.
I must agree we all love a good debate but some are "mastersebaters" . If you hear crickets on your "particular site" you may have to stir it up a bit on others or so it seems!
Back to top Go down
edge22

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 4:20 pm

All I got to say is dam those trailing arms on the xp lol
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 5:38 pm

I would probably move up to a 900 if I didn't live 5-6hrs from the good riding. I'll stick to my little 800 for now. If I would upgrade it would probably be a jagged.
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 8:41 pm

I always go back to this video when showing the difference between the 800 and the 900 XP. The guy in the 800 S is probably a better driver then I.

Back to top Go down
RickyBobby

RickyBobby

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 7:09 am

Big-R wrote:
I always go back to this video when showing the difference between the 800 and the 900 XP.  The guy in the 800 S is probably a better driver then I.  

Yep. That is a great comparison video. The truth of the matter is that everyone has been on a huge learning curve since the first rzr .

Do you remember these popular myths

1. RZR's are only good if you want to go fast and in a straight line
2. The S model is way too wide, it will not be a good trail buggy
3. No one will want a 4 seat rzr, big as a bus and just cant see it doing well in the woods
4. Those XP trailing arms are going to hang up on EVERYTHING

And now the two myths in this thread:

1. XP's flip over easier than a S
2. XP's are designed and are only good for the sand dunes.

Thousands of miles and hundreds of hours playing with these machines in the woods and you will discover that  indeed they are all myths. Gathering your information and formulating your ideas from watching videos and not actually out riding and being around these machines is a dangerous trap for drawing false conclusions...Don't get me wrong, the Internet and videos are great sources of info but it is  the real world experiences that tells the tale.

Had my first spin in a XP 1k last night and I can tell you that the suspension is awesome. In no way shape or form do I have any concerns about it contributing to flip overs. In fact, with the added wheel base and power, the XP will be a dominant hill climber. I will even  go as far to say that the 1k will dominate any other machine on our trails, almost as if it was designed specifically for our mountains thatsright
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XP 1K destroyed!!   XP 1K destroyed!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

XP 1K destroyed!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next