SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lets go back to MY roots!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tellico450

Tellico450

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Lets go back to MY roots!!! Empty
PostSubject: Lets go back to MY roots!!!   Lets go back to MY roots!!! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 4:56 pm

Watch #7.........scrubbin off the speed....to anyone familiar they know whats its for. I CAN DO IT!!! YIPPEE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lets go back to MY roots!!!   Lets go back to MY roots!!! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 4:59 pm

Good action supercross\motocross video. Tellico do you still ride dirt bikes at all?
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Lets go back to MY roots!!!   Lets go back to MY roots!!! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 5:01 pm

excellent song cheers
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

PostSubject: Re: Lets go back to MY roots!!!   Lets go back to MY roots!!! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 5:04 pm

ATV_Rick wrote:
Good action supercross\motocross video. Tellico do you still ride dirt bikes at all?

I had a good crash couple years back that nearly took my life......so I figured it was time for me to stop. However, If you put one in front of me.....I'd ride the wheels off of it!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lets go back to MY roots!!!   Lets go back to MY roots!!! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:26 pm

man, it looked like the guy just floated right over the top... that's pretty cool stuff. :afro:
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

PostSubject: Re: Lets go back to MY roots!!!   Lets go back to MY roots!!! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:31 pm

Wheels wrote:
man, it looked like the guy just floated right over the top... that's pretty cool stuff. :afro:

weird part is Rich......he's actually in the air BEFORE the top of the jump. He's going so fast that if he doesnt scrub it off that way into a whip that he'll over jump and DEFINATLY be in trouble!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lets go back to MY roots!!!   Lets go back to MY roots!!! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:34 pm

anytime you can glide like that without using the lip... that's bad a**. and he was almost parallel with the top...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lets go back to MY roots!!!   Lets go back to MY roots!!! EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 6:21 pm

Yea..Thats where we came from too ..Motocross..That Video is of James Stewart, the first succesful Black MX and Supercross Rider in History...

Last edited by on Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

PostSubject: Re: Lets go back to MY roots!!!   Lets go back to MY roots!!! EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 7:25 pm

Actually James BUBBA Stewart.....12 time LL champ and multi-lites champ and racing against the GOAT....RC...last year during the outdoor nationals. Unfortunately.....James is out this SX season to to having his knee cut on....hoping to be ready for the start of the nationals which I believe is at Glen Helen this year? 😕
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

PostSubject: Re: Lets go back to MY roots!!!   Lets go back to MY roots!!! EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 7:26 pm

Georgia.....Ive raced MANY MANY years over at Bremen and Calhoun MX park owned by the Kelly's if you've ever been to either? AWESOME tracks......though bremen is moving to a new parcel of land down the road so that a school can be built on the current Bremen MX facility location.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lets go back to MY roots!!!   Lets go back to MY roots!!! EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 7:29 am

Breman
Echeconne
Paradise
Hillbilly Hills
Aonna Pass
Thunder Creek
Tunnel Hill
The old- Southern Supercross (Dalton)
Penton
Rome Cycle Ranch
Gatorback
Plus several more I cant remember.

Raced Motocross from 1982 to 2000 and made an attempt at it last year again in plus35 ..Body couldnt take It .I was watching James Stewart when he was on 60's at the nationals at Gainsville several years in a row. RC was in the 80 class battling with my friend Shae Bentley.1995.
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

PostSubject: Re: Lets go back to MY roots!!!   Lets go back to MY roots!!! EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 2:29 pm

I was wondering what happened to ole Shae Bentley lately, The last time I heard anything about him was when Scotty Pinson was racing one of his KX125's at Mill Creek back in 2004? Needless to say....Pinson and Drew Askew put on one heck of a show.

Awesome, another motohead to talk with!!! I've been to Loretta Lynns MANY years(though didnt race, went to watch friends compete. I watched James and RC, Alessi and RV compete. Great times.

What do you think about the AMA and FIM's new rule change coming for 2010? I think its pointless for the reasons speculated for the decision. Then again I'm a 4 stroke fanatic....but who am I to tell them? lol!
Back to top Go down
broknbonz

broknbonz

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Lets go back to MY roots!!!   Lets go back to MY roots!!! EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 12:42 am

nice to see some fellow mx riders going to sxs. i didn't wanna be the only one in the group that had to admit that age is no friend to a mx racer. 1 wrist, 2 elbows, 1 shoulder,numerous concusions,broken fingers and 1 knee later i'm enjoying the softer ride and roll cages alot more than i expected. but like you tellico, i'd still like to hit the track again. I still have all my riding gear, hint hint

and the supercross track at atlanta this year sucked, but daytona looked fun Twisted Evil

Last edited by broknbonz on Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

PostSubject: Re: Lets go back to MY roots!!!   Lets go back to MY roots!!! EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 12:45 am

broknbonz wrote:
nice to see some fellow mx riders going to sxs. i didn't wanna be the only one in the group that had to admit that age is no friend to a mx racer. 1 wrist, 2 elbows, 1 shoulder,numerous concusions,broken fingers and 1 knee later i'm enjoying the softer ride and roll cages alot more than i expected. but like you tellico, i'd still like to hit the track again. I still have all my riding gear, hint hint

right on brother....and I'm positive that for the rest of your life you'll always have the itch to hit the track up. I know I do!
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Lets go back to MY roots!!!   Lets go back to MY roots!!! EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:52 am

I rode some begginer class hare scambles for sh_ts and giggles for several years. My last bike was a 1997 KX 250. Last one I rode in at LBL in 99 I broke two ribs and hyper extended my thumb and completely broke off my gas side of the handles bars I was running pro tapers with poly bark busters that setup will bend but I have never seen one break like the tapers did Man those ribs breaks suckkkkkkkkkk. Sold the bike in 2000 after hyper extinding my thumb again. Yep the body dont heal like it uesd to.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Lets go back to MY roots!!!   Lets go back to MY roots!!! EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 8:33 am

I have a friend I work with that use to race. He use to travel all over the south east in a rented Rider truck to the tracks and loved it. Said the party atmosphere was as awesome as the racing. ( ever hear of Highpoint?) Anyway the guy is 30 years old now and has broke his wrists so many times that he is in constant pain and his surgeon says the only remedy is to "fuse the wrists" greatly reducing his use of them. Bottom line is if you have a kid who wants to race, he may hate you for telling him NO now. But, will thank you when he is 30!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets go back to MY roots!!!   Lets go back to MY roots!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Lets go back to MY roots!!!
Page 1 of 1