SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kerosene/Diesel Heater

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Kerosene/Diesel Heater Empty
PostSubject: Kerosene/Diesel Heater   Kerosene/Diesel Heater EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 12:00 pm

Anyone burning diesel in their older kerosene heater?  Some posts on the internet say they are mixing 4 gallons of diesel with 1 gallon of gasoline and it is working for them.  I have found dual fuel heaters for sale too, that are new.

I've never had a smell problem burning kerosene as I use an additive/smell neutralizer.

Bottom line, I'm tired of the run up HIGH price of kerosene just to heat the pole barn.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
crs
SSXSRider Member
crs

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2013-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Kerosene/Diesel Heater   Kerosene/Diesel Heater EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 9:34 am

Do you mean the tube style, " construction", heaters or the small barrel type with a wick?
If you do mean the construction type heater, than yes you can run pure diesel. I have done it with 50,000 btu up to 600,000 btu models. Adding gas?????????that scares the hell out of me.
Back to top Go down
pushrod 1
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Kerosene/Diesel Heater   Kerosene/Diesel Heater EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 2:07 pm

I use #2 for yrs in my heater, also use a anti jell so it don't jell up in the winter if I don't use it every day
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Kerosene/Diesel Heater   Kerosene/Diesel Heater EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 8:37 pm

crs wrote:
Do you mean the tube style, " construction",  heaters or the small barrel type with a wick?
If you do mean the construction type heater, than yes you can run pure diesel. I have done it with 50,000 btu up to 600,000 btu models. Adding gas?????????that scares the hell out of me.

Yes, torpedo heater. Some more folks were saying that they add 90% alcohol to the diesel fuel. Think I will try pure diesel with nothing but anit-gel like Pushrod says.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
aweisgarber
SSXSRider Member
aweisgarber

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Kerosene/Diesel Heater   Kerosene/Diesel Heater EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 8:50 pm

I traded my 150,000 btu Ready Heater to a friend of mine.I had used it for about 15 years with kerosene only,he put diesel fuel in it and it started smoking and wouldn't stay lit after it ran about 30 minutes.He cleaned everything out and put kerosene back in it and used it all this winter.
Back to top Go down
pushrod 1
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Kerosene/Diesel Heater   Kerosene/Diesel Heater EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 9:03 pm

I have always used #2 for yrs, only trouble I had when it go REAL cold then when you started it,, smoked like a bitch then put a heat light by the tank and it worked fine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kerosene/Diesel Heater   Kerosene/Diesel Heater Empty

Back to top Go down

Kerosene/Diesel Heater
Page 1 of 1