SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brake Issues

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Brake Issues Empty
PostSubject: Brake Issues   Brake Issues EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 8:15 pm

so heres my situation with this fool-proof single rear brake system Rolling Eyes
i changed out the rear pads and there were no shims. i didnt misplace them, they just werent there. so what do these shims do exactly? do i need to replace them?
another thing was when i put in the new pads the fit back on the rotor was so tight i almost couldnt get the caliper back on. so if i did have then shims in there too i dont think i would have ever got it back on. is there something else to compress back other than just screwing the piston back in?
i did put it all back togther as is and rode that day. then it seemed like the brake got hung up and wouldnt release. eventually the brakes just went away. today i take them caliper back off, which was clamped on pretty damn good i might add, and the pads were completely gone. the rotor had worn a grove in the metal backing on one of them. now what was causing them to stay on and burn up a set of pads in an hour?
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Brake Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brake Issues   Brake Issues EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 9:43 pm

scratch i had shims on mine...what brand of pads? Also a while ago my front right caliper the bolts backed out and when i het the brakes it would lock on the caliper making the wheel to lock up was your caliper still bolted in place or was it something like that im sure that would eat them up fast having the rotor forced around through the pads just a guess DontKnow
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Brake Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brake Issues   Brake Issues EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 9:50 pm

Moto,

Did you take the cap off the master cylinder when you screwed the piston back-in???
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Brake Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brake Issues   Brake Issues EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 10:46 pm

ridepate wrote:
Moto,

Did you take the cap off the master cylinder when you screwed the piston back-in???

no i didnt, had no clue i needed to
and now sense ive taken it apart again tonight i screwed it back in again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brake Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brake Issues   Brake Issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Brake Issues
Page 1 of 1