SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rumors.............

Go down 
+3
GunRunner
wvyankee2
ChrisC
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Rumors............. Empty
PostSubject: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 2:01 pm

Maybe just that but......... quote- " what would you guys think about an OEM injected 1000cc rhino (engine taken directly from the yzf-r1) that runs 75+ mph and reaches 60 mph before the RZR-S reaches 40?" I myself have made this prediction more than a few times. I really hope it's gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 2:10 pm

I know exactly what i would say..... :D

Same thing the rest of you would say.

---------------> HOLY SHIT..... affraid
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 2:12 pm

I can't afford it, but that would be SA-WEEEET !!

What kinda torque gains we talking here? Can we have high speed AND high grunt at the same time?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 2:16 pm

Just hope it is a front engine design with side pipes and the gas tank up under the bed. HatWave
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 2:22 pm

if it still look kinda like the old Rhino.
I would most likely buy one just to say i had one.
But i ant a speed demon in the woods. and i about got Big Red
just like i want him. so thay would really have to show me something..... Wink
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 2:29 pm

never happen IMO, in 5 years yamaha has only increased engine size by what less than 30 cc's. They got there ass handed to them with all the lawsuits bet they would be very gun shy about a hyper-speed model.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 2:31 pm

Who knows what or if it will really happen. Yamaha, historically has always been the innovator, i.e worlds first 4-stroke m/x bike in 98 YZ400F, then 426F, now 450. The Rhino of course, which besides a few other terrible products that were on the market at the time, started this craze.
Then they refine for a few years until the competition starts to catch-up then......... BAM!!!! they raise the bar again. 5 model-years with the current Rhino, I think it's time!!!
The only thing that will suck is if they keep the Rhino branding and change the body-work and frame.
Then we will all be driving Chevy Vegas.........ouch...........

I really don't think the lawsuits scare them at all, look how many Rhinos have been sold vs. pay-offs in suits. I saw a stat somewhere, might be wrong dunno, over 3 million sold world-wide add those figures against a few mil-dollars in settlements. The suits are just the cost of doing business. They know that.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 2:35 pm

The only thing i think would keep them from
to much change is. thay out sell everyone.
I bet thay sale more Rhinos. than all other sidexsides
put together. so if your makeing that much money.
thay may not want to rock the boat to much just yet.... Wink
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 3:42 pm

I say they will stick with the single lung motor, but make one that is truly high performance. Like a 727cc motor that puts out over 60HP, and modify the CVT for 3 gear ranges. I think Yamaha will not reinvent the Rhino, but continue to refine it.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 4:14 pm

i say bring it on someone on this forum will break down and buy it :D
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 4:34 pm

I wish they would pep up a rhino, I might buy one but long as its a one lunger im not bitin! pot
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 5:07 pm

GunRunner wrote:
I wish they would pep up a rhino, I might buy one but long as its a one lunger im not bitin! pot

I agree Gunny, the current motor would have to be more YZish for me to even think about it. Twins are the future, IMO, more efficent, more torque. But who knows, the next few years will be intresting no doubt.
I'm gonna lay back and watch, it's gonna be good!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 5:14 pm

ridepate wrote:
I'm gonna lay back and watch...
Look out, ChrisC will be callin' ya a Candy Ass. Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 5:18 pm

DirtDawber wrote:
ridepate wrote:
I'm gonna lay back and watch...
Look out, ChrisC will be callin' ya a Candy Ass. Razz

No worries DD. I just wave when I go by.......................... Rhino
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 5:36 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 8:33 pm

ridepate wrote:
Maybe just that but......... quote- " what would you guys think about an OEM injected 1000cc rhino (engine taken directly from the yzf-r1) that runs 75+ mph and reaches 60 mph before the RZR-S reaches 40?" I myself have made this prediction more than a few times. I really hope it's gonna happen.

I'd be in for one....unless there was just something I hated about it.....like maybe the price. Lol. If price was in reason and designed with other common sense features common to other Yamaha machines, I'd be very interested. I just want more power.
Back to top Go down
yamerhammer

yamerhammer

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 9:00 pm

My prediction is no changes for the next two years but if there are any......fuel injected V between the 700 and 750 range and a wider stance. Maybe dropping the Rhino 450 and replacing it with a 550.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 9:11 pm

I would be interested to see a twin in the Rhino since AC, Kawi, and Polaris all have one. I would also like to see Suzuki get into the game with SxS. A 1000cc twin from Yamaha and Suzuki would definitely make me raise an eyebrow. Right now I am seriously eyeballing the RZR, especially if they put that new 850 motor in it next year and add PS.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 9:14 pm

A caveat to that above statement.........I plan on keeping the Rhino. I know it will last a long time the way I ride and my wife will always have a nice dependable toy for her and Marlee, and I will always have a good rig for deer season. I would like something that is more sporty to ride fast and jump.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 9:51 pm

I am waiting on Suzuki cheers .
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 11:49 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
I am waiting on Suzuki cheers .

It will just be a re-badged Teryx yank.............same company.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumors.............   Rumors............. Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumors.............
Page 1 of 1