SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags

Go down 
+9
Last Chance Rhino
bush
Green Hornet
Big-R
AIRBORNE
Clayboy
GunRunner
bellman
wvyankee2
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Would you rather wear a tag on your person or a sticker on your machine at the Evarts offroad park
I want to wear it on me.
Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags I_vote_lcap59%Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags I_vote_rcap
 59% [ 10 ]
I want it on my machine.
Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags I_vote_lcap41%Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags Empty
PostSubject: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 6:20 am

Our friends at the Harlan County Ridge Runners are trying to get some rider feedback on a proposed fee that may be charged for riding the 7200 acre county/landowner park at Evarts. The question is, would you rather get a tag that goes on the person or a sticker that goes on your machine. Please vote and feel free to express your thoughts on the subject. They are looking at a possible $20-$25 fee per person per year to ride the Park. I'm sure Bellman, and P-anerman will chime in with more info.
Back to top Go down
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 11:04 am

Thanks for the help in getting some input for the board/county that is doing the fee thing..OUR OFF PARK RIDES, FREE GUIDES...will not be affected.
For 4 yrs our club has done 95% of the repair work/expand trails on the county park...FREE...and I do not know how long we can ask our peeps to wear out there machines and bodies doing this...a small fee with all monies going back into the park for sure.
Again thanks for your vote and input.
Back to top Go down
http://www.usawebs.biz
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 2:19 pm

If the fee is per machine, of course the permit would have to go on the machine. If it is per person, I would rather a badge on the person instead of the machine. 2cents
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 2:33 pm

Stickers suck, they come off and what if you have several atv's? Coal Creek (windrock) gives you a plastic tag like those the stores give out to put on your key chains. That way if you have more than one machine doesnt matter about which one you ride you got your permit with you.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 3:46 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Stickers suck, they come off and what if you have several atv's? Coal Creek (windrock) gives you a plastic tag like those the stores give out to put on your key chains. That way if you have more than one machine doesnt matter about which one you ride you got your permit with you.

My thoughts as well...I have a key ring type tag for da rock..an ID badge for brimstone....and carry paper work for both on my toys..I own a 05 rubicon and a 07 Prowler XTX...this summer we rode in WI..and used the sticker...came back home..washed my prowler...and half the sticker came off...now that being said...if someone has a jeep/truck...or toys like our side x sides...then 3 in the truck...1 in a rhino...or dbl up 4 wheeler...will not have to pay to play...but if they get hurt could very well sue if they wanted. Again this will be a small fee I am told...20-25 per year...Just my .02 cents...UH..will save the other .98 cents for some nice board meeting I see coming in Jan. Smiles
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 7:21 pm

Mr Bellman, I will say this, It cost me $68 to unload me and my family of 4 at Windrock for 1 day of riding and that is a big reason of why we only go there once or twice a year. We absolutely love to come to Evarts but when the price gets too high we will not be able to come as often. When I plan a trip, I look at total cost as in fuel, lodging, eats and all, so being $68 cheaper pulls me to Evart more often. I know you all are faced with a difficult decision on pricing, but please consider the risk at hand. I will always do what I can to support the HCRR's and respect their rules, but just ask that you keep us simple folks in mind.
Back to top Go down
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 11:13 pm

Clayboy wrote:
Mr Bellman, I will say this, It cost me $68 to unload me and my family of 4 at Windrock for 1 day of riding and that is a big reason of why we only go there once or twice a year. We absolutely love to come to Evarts but when the price gets too high we will not be able to come as often. When I plan a trip, I look at total cost as in fuel, lodging, eats and all, so being $68 cheaper pulls me to Evart more often. I know you all are faced with a difficult decision on pricing, but please consider the risk at hand. I will always do what I can to support the HCRR's and respect their rules, but just ask that you keep us simple folks in mind.

Clay..we be simple folks as well...and it is the board/county that holds the lease that wants a fee for park work and expansion of trails...not if..but when we get the 2000 mile state system up..a fee will come for sure...thanks for some good points..as these will be passed along starting in Jan.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 11:37 pm

Mr Bellman, Thank you for your response! As always, you can look forward to seeing me and my family in your fine town of Evaerts!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 11:57 pm

Yes, no one I believe has a problem with paying a riding fee for maintained trails. IT is the family of 4 who feels they get hammered when they have to pay for 4 people riding in one Rhino, when another Rhino with one in it pays 75% less. I've seen the Hatfield/McCoy trails lose business because of this. They claim that they have to charge for insurance purposes for each driver and occupant. This is definately for the most part a SidexSide issue.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 12:56 am

That is why I say you register the vehicle. If you have an annual permit for the Rhino, it does not matter who is driving or riding. You pay the one-time fee, then you are done with it.
2cents
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 1:07 am

Airborne LT wrote:
That is why I say you register the vehicle. If you have an annual permit for the Rhino, it does not matter who is driving or riding. You pay the one-time fee, then you are done with it.
2cents

I agree with Chris. One permit for one Rhino. I will buy one to support Kentucky. Being from Kentucky.

I am not happy with the thought of a charge to ride Evarts. However, I understand the purpose. This will hurt the Evarts flow of people.
Back to top Go down
Green Hornet
SSXSRider Member
Green Hornet

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 1:38 am

I don't think anybody is ever a fan of fee's to ride. If the money goes to actually maintain the trails and equipment for all to have a good time that is fine. It definately needs to be per machine. Tags or stickers -1/2 full 1/2 empty. But if it turns into H/M count me out. Ride on this trail not that one, only during daylight, sxs's only on green trails. You get the point. Some rules are necessary but I'm not 9 & I didnt spend a $1000 on lights to ride around in the daytime on gravel roads. I think you need to look at the economic impact of off roading in Evarts. I could be wrong but I've been there several times and I didn't see much industry. So that tells me alot of people in that area depend on people like us to feed their families. I agree with Big-R it will hurt you to a certain degree. 2cents
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:05 am

Well, the fee is okay with me. It cost me 55 dollars to put an annual permit on my King Quad last year for Land Between the Lakes. If the fee is only 25 dollars per machine, then I will gladly put a sticker on both of my machines to ride in Evarts. I don't see anyone putting any restrictions about the trails and nighttime riding. Most of the folks I read about over on the RR site talk about frequent night rides. I need me some new high output headlights too. Thanks for reminding me that I need to spend more money.
I will be looking to Clay for a set once I get back.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:54 am

20 bucks a year ant bad. i will pay that as long as there are not any restrictions on when and what trails to ride like the HM. IMO evarts ti much better than HM and some great folks at the N campground. cant wait to go back. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:39 am

Ditto to that Bush.
Back to top Go down
Last Chance Rhino
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 9:48 am

I have never been there, but plan to go this year. Like all other things there will be a variety of opinions. Personally, I like the per machine fee. Keep it reasonable and I don't think most folks will object. If the fee gets into the $40 -$50 range, it may be worth considering a 2-3 day permit also in addition to the annual fee for us out of town folks that may only ride 1 time a year.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 11:09 am

For example: If I buy a permit to cover me and my Rhino, then a passenger should be covered too. Same goes for the people that ride 2 up on a quad. The second person on the machine should be considered a guest.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 11:19 am

Clayboy wrote:
For example: If I buy a permit to cover me and my Rhino, then a passenger should be covered too. Same goes for the people that ride 2 up on a quad. The second person on the machine should be considered a guest.
Doesn't work that way most places, windrock and a bunch more require a pass for everyone using the property.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 11:22 am

GunRunner wrote:
Clayboy wrote:
Doesn't work that way most places, windrock and a bunch more require a pass for everyone using the property.

I know, thats why I dont go to those places as much. Evarts is in the process of setting up the rules for their fee system so they should consider stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 12:18 pm

16 dollars and some change for a sticker allows you to ride for 1 year in the state of Michigan. 1 or 5 people in the machine makes no difference... price is the same. YES, ATV's, UTV's may also ride the snowmobile trails,which are all maintained and are primarily leased land,not necessarily state owned land . This gives the people 1,000 and 1,000 of miles to ride whenever, day time, all night long, in the rain... whenever the urge hits you. And just so I don't get any re-percussion from some know it all....Dec 1st to Mar 31st nothing but snowmobiles on marked snowmobile trails.
In my opinion charging a fee for a ride, or riders, is a total rip off. It is just the way of the world today....something that was totally free at one point in time will be taken over by the all mighty dollar and greed.
Oh...did I fail to mention that with your $16.00 sticker you can ride in any state that requires a sticker?!

Places like the H/M trails ( just to put a name to one) and those like it that charge a fee, surely have the right to collect revenue to be able to maintain the land, pay the land owners and pay for their "so called insurance"
Charge a fair annual fee per machine.
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:58 pm

i don't have a problem paying a fee to ride as long, like everyone else has said, it's reasonable. with Evarts being 6 hours from me, i can only go there 1, maybe 2 times a year. I also believe it should be by machine, no matter how many people are riding it........Just my .02
Back to top Go down
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:34 pm

Last Chance Rhino wrote:
I have never been there, but plan to go this year. Like all other things there will be a variety of opinions. Personally, I like the per machine fee. Keep it reasonable and I don't think most folks will object. If the fee gets into the $40 -$50 range, it may be worth considering a 2-3 day permit also in addition to the annual fee for us out of town folks that may only ride 1 time a year.

A very good point for sure..but under the KRS law that protects any landowner in Ky..a fee must be chareged for 31 days or more..or they loose this protection...and folks it not the city of evarts, the ridge runners doing this..it is the county board the has he lease..and saying they need the money to repair/expand the trails..pruchase a dozier for the park..this is what they say...a fee for only 7200 acres..has to be a small one..sticker/tag which ever way they go...OUR OFF PAKR...FREE RIDGE RUNNER GUIDED RIDES...will NOT..come into play on this. Thanks again for the input....I asked for it..and really need it.
Back to top Go down
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:41 pm

Foxfire wrote:
16 dollars and some change for a sticker allows you to ride for 1 year in the state of Michigan. 1 or 5 people in the machine makes no difference... price is the same. YES, ATV's, UTV's may also ride the snowmobile trails,which are all maintained and are primarily leased land,not necessarily state owned land . This gives the people 1,000 and 1,000 of miles to ride whenever, day time, all night long, in the rain... whenever the urge hits you. And just so I don't get any re-percussion from some know it all....Dec 1st to Mar 31st nothing but snowmobiles on marked snowmobile trails.
In my opinion charging a fee for a ride, or riders, is a total rip off. It is just the way of the world today....something that was totally free at one point in time will be taken over by the all mighty dollar and greed.
Oh...did I fail to mention that with your $16.00 sticker you can ride in any state that requires a sticker?!

Places like the H/M trails ( just to put a name to one) and those like it that charge a fee, surely have the right to collect revenue to be able to maintain the land, pay the land owners and pay for their "so called insurance"
Charge a fair annual fee per machine.

Thanks...and I have one question...I rode Moab, UT, Black Hills, SD, and last June Dunbar, WI, and bought a sticker for my toy at each location..the one from WI is just about washed off now..and good until June if I wanna go back...we are riding the UP of MI...this june...if I buy a 16.00 sticker in June..put it on my toy..can I ride all these places I mentioned with this sticker from MI..I know this is a bit off topic...but if it is true..me thinks I will be a few of them for sure...thanks for your thoughts...the county/park board will see them all.
Back to top Go down
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 10:40 am

Thanks so much gang for the input..I will print it..and take it to the meetings this week..look forward to our ride in Feb as well...Admin you can lock this thread if you want..and let it fall off the page..again thanks to all.
Back to top Go down
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 4:57 pm

I agree with almost all you and i dont live up there.I have to drive a min. of 800 miles to ride in the mountains and the last thing i want is limits. I will not go to HM until my side x side is unrestricted. It should be per vehicle because the vehicle is doing the damage, not the people. They dont have insurance! They only have a liability insurance which only covers their legal fees pertaining to their waiver so its not per person.

I too look at the overall price of the trip. In my case the fuel kills me, this is why i have to find the cheapest lodging and riding fees I can. When we went to Evarts a few years ago the riding was free which allowed us to spend more on food and other goodies. We always spend a min. of $1000.00 in the town that we stay so the cheaper to ride the more we can spend. We were going to try RB this trip but at $30 a day we opted for Brimstone so guess who gets our $1000.00
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags Empty

Back to top Go down

Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: