SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags

Go down 
+9
Last Chance Rhino
bush
Green Hornet
Big-R
AIRBORNE
Clayboy
GunRunner
bellman
wvyankee2
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Would you rather wear a tag on your person or a sticker on your machine at the Evarts offroad park
I want to wear it on me.
Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 I_vote_lcap59%Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 59% [ 10 ]
I want it on my machine.
Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 I_vote_lcap41%Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 5:14 pm

Dreth wrote:
I agree with almost all you and i dont live up there.I have to drive a min. of 800 miles to ride in the mountains and the last thing i want is limits. I will not go to HM until my side x side is unrestricted. It should be per vehicle because the vehicle is doing the damage, not the people. They dont have insurance! They only have a liability insurance which only covers their legal fees pertaining to their waiver so its not per person.

I too look at the overall price of the trip. In my case the fuel kills me, this is why i have to find the cheapest lodging and riding fees I can. When we went to Evarts a few years ago the riding was free which allowed us to spend more on food and other goodies. We always spend a min. of $1000.00 in the town that we stay so the cheaper to ride the more we can spend. We were going to try RB this trip but at $30 a day we opted for Brimstone so guess who gets our $1000.00

Understand all that for sure...and we appreciate the many that have came and come back...a fee of 15.00-20.00 is being kicked around for now by the board..not our club..and a vote on that may not even come this week..they want to study the ways to make it cheaper for family, vets, active service, 1st responders..etc...PLEASE DO NOTE...that when and if a fee comes to play...OUR OFF PARK RIDES, THRU THE CLUB..will always be FREE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.usawebs.biz
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 6:07 pm

Dreth wrote:
I agree with almost all you and i dont live up there.I have to drive a min. of 800 miles to ride in the mountains and the last thing i want is limits. I will not go to HM until my side x side is unrestricted. It should be per vehicle because the vehicle is doing the damage, not the people. They dont have insurance! They only have a liability insurance which only covers their legal fees pertaining to their waiver so its not per person.

I too look at the overall price of the trip. In my case the fuel kills me, this is why i have to find the cheapest lodging and riding fees I can. When we went to Evarts a few years ago the riding was free which allowed us to spend more on food and other goodies. We always spend a min. of $1000.00 in the town that we stay so the cheaper to ride the more we can spend. We were going to try RB this trip but at $30 a day we opted for Brimstone so guess who gets our $1000.00

All very good points!!!! Total trip cost is what ALL tourism towns need to take a close look at.
Back to top Go down
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Clayboy wrote:
Dreth wrote:

All very good points!!!! Total trip cost is what ALL tourism towns need to take a close look at.

Yes Clay they should...I am sure if Evarts Tourism board had any input..somethihg great would come outta of a fee system...but it is the county/park board doing this..Evarts trys it best, city council for 34 yrs be me, to go as far as we can with any cost to our visitors...South Evarts Campground...electric, water, TV, new shower bldg, coming soon FREE Wi-FI, has peds at each pull in station Now 20.00 per nite.......North site, need extra cord/hose to reach hook ups, Water/electric, new shower house, covered bldg for bad weather B-day parties..meet and greet location for the Runners..community fire pit..quickly becoming the...LIAR'S CLUB... Laughing TV and coming soon WI-FI..Now 15.00 per nite...we get a water bill, electric bill, TV bill, phone bill...just like anyone else..and best pay it out of the correct funds. Not to many places like that...with those prices. I wish the landowner would give us a shot at a 25 yr lease..and who knows that could come up...tourism towns in your post is exactly right...but in this case it falls under the county..and they should look, listen..to the peeps that come here to spend...$$$$ bills...JMO
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 7:47 pm

All very much true Bellman, Everts is still the best "bang" for your buck! Besides you get the very best people to hang with while you are there!
Back to top Go down
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 11:20 pm

Clayboy wrote:
All very much true Bellman, Everts is still the best "bang" for your buck! Besides you get the very best people to hang with while you are there!

Thanks Clay...been talking with some other ride areas..in and outta state..seems like they all had these bumps in the road..and had to tweak each place for each park.
Back to top Go down
BCO
SSXSRider Member
BCO

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 2:42 pm

folks this is a great place to ride and i believe the ridge runners should be COMMENDED for all the hard work they have done over the years for FREE on the park to keep people coming back to evarts.

evarts is worth the price. while everyone can agree that free riding is a great thing, sometimes circumstances can change things. i will pay a fee to ride there because the riding and the PEOPLE are top notch in every aspect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hollercrawlers.com
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 3:11 pm

BCO wrote:
folks this is a great place to ride and i believe the ridge runners should be COMMENDED for all the hard work they have done over the years for FREE on the park to keep people coming back to evarts.

evarts is worth the price. while everyone can agree that free riding is a great thing, sometimes circumstances can change things. i will pay a fee to ride there because the riding and the PEOPLE are top notch in every aspect.

Thanks Jon..as no doubt..???? like this will come some day for your area as well...and a fee to ride your way..with your club..I would pay in a heart beat..as I know the money will go to better trails..more trails...and just plain ole fun...
Used to be fun for us all...just jump on your toy..go ride...burn some dogs over a fire pit...watch the sun go down..stay all nite..and watch it come back up..now with Mr. & Mrs..Sue UM All...lurking, repair of trails..more trails..landowners have to take a second look at what they sign....UH..all you folks over 40 that just put your specks on..as I did...to read this..know what I talk of. Smiles Smiles
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:56 pm

bellman, BCO, or P-anerman. How about an update?..............Please.
Back to top Go down
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:12 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
bellman, BCO, or P-anerman. How about an update?..............Please.

The update has been that since March..a..35.00 per yr fee is in effect...20.00 for a 31 day permit..FYI the polls showed from all sites..that the largest amount of visitors wanted to tag the person not the toy, with age cutoff.....alas the board voted to tag the machine..and have and will continue to lose money..and money was the issue from day one. The ridge runners has never had a seat on this board...so our input was in vain. We still do our FREE off park rides..but per landowner must be done with a club sanctioned ride....thanks to all for your input and vote. It is time for the board to do what we have done for over 5 yrs now.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:10 pm

Thanks for the quick response bellman. allright

One question. Are the permits per person or per machine. If 2 people are in a sidexside will they need 2 permits on the machine?
Back to top Go down
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:19 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:

One question. Are the permits per person or per machine. If 2 people are in a sidexside will they need 2 permits on the machine?

From post above.
Alas the board voted to tag the machine..
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:31 pm

bellman wrote:
wvyankee2 wrote:

From post above.

Just wondering. I know Windrock you put it on the machine, but needed 2 if you had 2 people on it.
Back to top Go down
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 5:08 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
bellman wrote:
wvyankee2 wrote:

From post above.

Just wondering. I know Windrock you put it on the machine, but needed 2 if you had 2 people on it.

Yeh windrock wants money for insurance for anyone on the property...UH..seems like I would as well if I were a landowner..as the board here has to have insurance in the first year for the park...if you can get 10 in your sxs...truck or jeep...only one has to have a tag..for that toy...as of now the new map shows 8....4 wheeler trails..and 21 truck jeeps trails..they said it was a mis print and would change at next printing...only 35,000 maps to sell....peeps IMO will not ride a truck park..and it should be split for safety, lawsuit, reasons much like da rock....IMO only.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 5:21 pm

I hear you. It is a shame that the Ridge Runners did not have anyone on that Board for input. An opportunity was missed for sure for the park. Thanks for the update. allright
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags   Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Poll for Evarts, Kentucky park fee tags
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2