SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evarts, Kentucky......

Go down 
+2
bellman
wvyankee2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Evarts, Kentucky...... Empty
PostSubject: Evarts, Kentucky......   Evarts, Kentucky...... EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 11:40 am

Link to the web site of this riding area. Great Kentucky Sidexside trails.

http://www.harlancountytrails.com/index.php

Home of the Ridge Runners.

http://www.kyoutdoors.org/

Last edited by wvyankee2 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky......   Evarts, Kentucky...... EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 9:46 am

wvyankee2 wrote:
Link to the web site of this riding area. Home of the Ridge Runners.

http://www.kyoutdoors.org/

Thanks for the link...hope to share some trails and tales with you folks in 2009
Back to top Go down
http://www.usawebs.biz
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky......   Evarts, Kentucky...... EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:15 pm

Ok it is a go...the Harlan Co, Honor Gaurd will have a bean/taters..maters..and cornbread dinner on Sat. nite..serving at 5:30Pm sharp...these guys are vets..that do the last best thing they can for our fallen heros when the regular miliatary cannot send a unit in for last rites at the grave site..they do this with no funds from anyone..and do it in 2-3 counties..and when I asked if the wanted to do this..and told them it was like a welcome home vets ride...for ALL VETS..all peeps...a big smile came over his face...no other words needed.

Last edited by bellman on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky......   Evarts, Kentucky...... EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:41 am

That is AWESOME Bell! Harlan County never fails to impress with all the fine stuff they do for people. You talk about former vets welcoming home current military vets.......brother, you should have seen the reception we got in New Hampshire. We had approximately 80 folks on our flight, the last ones from my brigade that were spread throughout Afghanistan. We all flew home together and our first stop in the USA was NH. We got off the plane, walked out into the airport tunnel at 11PM to find over 200 people lined up to shake our hands and give us hugs. Keep in mind that these folks are not the local folks or family of the FT Campbell soldiers. They are just good folks (many prior service VFW vets) wanting to welcome home the military. It was such a moving experience and one that I will never forget. All I can say is WOW. Knowing that the people here in the states stand behind us, especially the ones that served before us, means all in the world to me personally.
I look forward to meeting the Harlan County Honor Guard and shaking the hands of the men who perform such a fine service to our departed servicemembers.

AIRBORNE!!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky......   Evarts, Kentucky...... EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 9:10 am

Thanks Lt...I did edit my post..it is 2-3 counties...NOT 203 like ..me needum sleep bell posted first. LOL.
These guys do all on donations..bought winter/summer uniforms.....a van...and much more...many are like us older vets and were met coming home by different types of crowds...called some pretty mean names..etc...etc....like you folks..we were just doing our job that was asked of us...I am sure that the peeps that met you folks..made your chest swell with pride..and it should be..to spend time..in harms way..is not and easy thing to do..to have support...means so much.
Anywho....a bean dinner is on...and we look forward to showing you and all a good time on the trails and around the community fire pit..gonna be a polar ride I fear..but then again in our part of the world...light in the morning...dark in the nite...is about the only weather predictions you can count on...LOL. Glad your home Chris.
Back to top Go down
recon33alpha

recon33alpha

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky......   Evarts, Kentucky...... EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 9:21 pm

LT, we landed first in Maine and it was the same way, a line of Vets and people shaking hands,,then they hung out until we left...real nice folks,,something I'll never forget.
Back to top Go down
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky......   Evarts, Kentucky...... EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 11:04 am

recon33alpha wrote:
LT, we landed first in Maine and it was the same way, a line of Vets and people shaking hands,,then they hung out until we left...real nice folks,,something I'll never forget.

Had to make your chest swell with pride..and well deserving for all..many of us came home to a different greeting...in a different time but we could always count on fellow vets to let us know..that thanks..was not enough...I do not think this site has enough bandwidth to post the way I and MANY MORE..feel about any and all that have gone in harms way...and will go in harms way. So know that our ride for you guys..all vets...is just one big..THANK YOU!!!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky......   Evarts, Kentucky...... EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 1:01 pm

bellman wrote:
recon33alpha wrote:

Had to make your chest swell with pride..and well deserving for all..many of us came home to a different greeting...in a different time but we could always count on fellow vets to let us know..that thanks..was not enough...I do not think this site has enough bandwidth to post the way I and MANY MORE..feel about any and all that have gone in harms way...and will go in harms way. So know that our ride for you guys..all vets...is just one big..THANK YOU!!!

A quote I once read.

"For those that defend it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know." Soldiers
Back to top Go down
Swat cop 180
SSXSRider Member
Swat cop 180

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky......   Evarts, Kentucky...... EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 2:27 pm

Truer words have never been spoken. old glory
Back to top Go down
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky......   Evarts, Kentucky...... EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 3:42 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
bellman wrote:
recon33alpha wrote:

A quote I once read.

"For those that defend it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know." Soldiers

WELL SAID..and says it all.
Back to top Go down
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky......   Evarts, Kentucky...... EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 12:03 am

Had a great time..some fun in the sun and snow.

Full report Push Dis Here BUTTON
Back to top Go down
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky......   Evarts, Kentucky...... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 4:34 pm

Chris, Clay I am sorry I missed you guys this weekend..with the wife in the hospital and just getting out of ICU...my plate was very full, she is home now and I do the IV thing 3-4 days...and then back on the meds, with a long 5-6 month rehab thing...I hope you guys had a good time, and at least got someone to show you around...it seems the runners are going in a different direction these days...and not to many even showing up around the ole fire pit at all.

Forgot to ask..can anyone let me know if my membership is due now.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky......   Evarts, Kentucky...... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 5:41 pm

bellman wrote:
Chris, Clay I am sorry I missed you guys this weekend..with the wife in the hospital and just getting out of ICU...my plate was very full, she is home now and I do the IV thing 3-4 days...and then back on the meds, with a long 5-6 month rehab thing...I hope you guys had a good time, and at least got someone to show you around...it seems the runners are going in a different direction these days...and not to many even showing up around the ole fire pit at all.

Forgot to ask..can anyone let me know if my membership is due now.

Bellman, you are a life time member of the Southern SxS Riders. It is a onetime fee.

Also, you have not missed us yet. We will be there this coming weekend.
Back to top Go down
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky......   Evarts, Kentucky...... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:19 pm

Thanks for the membership info...GEEEZZEEE I gotta get some sleep...Uh..on the previous post..NEVER MIND..LOL..I hope I can get up with ya this weekend and visit some anyway.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky......   Evarts, Kentucky...... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:05 pm

bellman wrote:
Thanks for the membership info...GEEEZZEEE I gotta get some sleep...Uh..on the previous post..NEVER MIND..LOL..I hope I can get up with ya this weekend and visit some anyway.

It would be nice to see you. Chris and I will be there Thursday evening.
Back to top Go down
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky......   Evarts, Kentucky...... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:53 am

Big-R wrote:
bellman wrote:

It would be nice to see you. Chris and I will be there Thursday evening.

Yeh I will try my best to get by the fire pit...just got to wait and see how the wife is doing...as of now she can only walk a bit thru the house...so I have learned alot about washer/dryer and KP duty in the kitchen. lol!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky......   Evarts, Kentucky...... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:28 pm

bellman wrote:
...so I have learned alot about washer/dryer and KP duty in the kitchen. lol!

roflmao roflmao thatsright

Seriously, my prayers go out for you two.
Back to top Go down
bellman
SSXSRider Member
bellman

PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky......   Evarts, Kentucky...... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:49 pm

Big-R wrote:
bellman wrote:
...so I have learned alot about washer/dryer and KP duty in the kitchen. lol!

roflmao roflmao thatsright

Seriously, my prayers go out for you two.

Thanks so much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evarts, Kentucky......   Evarts, Kentucky...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Evarts, Kentucky......
Page 1 of 1