SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How's it going in your area?

Go down 
+4
rubicon05
Bobby D
Big-R
Dirt Chic
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dirt Chic
SSXSRider Member
Dirt Chic

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-09-20

How's it going in your area? Empty
PostSubject: How's it going in your area?   How's it going in your area? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 8:28 pm

Store closings? Job Losses? We have had several shut their doors here.....& one of our clothing stores "Goodys" is also going out of business. It is getting scary....times really are bad right now....I have noticed just in the last two weeks that a grocery store hubby & I frequent....have raised their prices like 20%.......OMG....I bought just a few items tonight & it cost me around sixty dollars....& that was getting items that where marked down......geez.....going to grow my own food. No
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: How's it going in your area?   How's it going in your area? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 8:43 pm

Dirt Chic wrote:
Store closings? Job Losses? We have had several shut their doors here.....& one of our clothing stores "Goodys" is also going out of business. It is getting scary....times really are bad right now....I have noticed just in the last two weeks that a grocery store hubby & I frequent....have raised their prices like 20%.......OMG....I bought just a few items tonight & it cost me around sixty dollars....& that was getting items that where marked down......geez.....going to grow my own food. No

I have not noticed EZRA drunken
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: How's it going in your area?   How's it going in your area? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 8:45 pm

Goodys is closing all of there stores I have one about 2 miles from me that is going out and Shakers an upscale restaurant announced today it is closing it's just over a mile from me.I would hate to have alot of debit right now affraid
Back to top Go down
Dirt Chic
SSXSRider Member
Dirt Chic

PostSubject: Re: How's it going in your area?   How's it going in your area? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 9:00 pm

My debt is going down slowly, but trying to pay extra when I can....that way if worse came to worse I will not have to worry about my credit being ruined.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: How's it going in your area?   How's it going in your area? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 9:07 pm

Dirt Chic wrote:
My debt is going down slowly, but trying to pay extra when I can....that way if worse came to worse I will not have to worry about my credit being ruined.

Good idea allright All I owe on is my house and I hope it never gets so bad I have to start selling my toys or truck but atleast i have that option to get some cash flow if needed.I'm just glad tax season is just about here and I should get a good return which will help out and I'm sure most people with kids at home will be glad too.
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: How's it going in your area?   How's it going in your area? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 10:03 pm

Goody's here in Jasper is also closing
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: How's it going in your area?   How's it going in your area? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 10:31 pm

around here it is not to bad as far as local goes everyone is allready poor. theres no big stores near me. all over 30+mins. and no sign of my job or monicas job slowing down.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: How's it going in your area?   How's it going in your area? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 11:37 pm

Just found out my nephew is losing his job in Lancaster, PA. He is an estimator for a large commercial construction firm, and new business is nonexistant. Lancaster is a very busy and growing area too. I have never in my lifetime seen an economic collapse this deep and this quick. Now they are saying that the recovery may come back too strong when it does , and runaway inflation may occur. This is one we will remember for a long time. As with all the other recessions i've seen in my time, thank oil for it. Does it every time.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: How's it going in your area?   How's it going in your area? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 11:48 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
thank oil for it. Does it every time.

Congress is real quiet about oil. Hoping America will forget and they are probably right until next time beat
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: How's it going in your area?   How's it going in your area? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 11:58 pm

gas went up 20cents in the pasted to days here :evil:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: How's it going in your area?   How's it going in your area? EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 12:07 am

bush-rhino wrote:
gas went up 20cents in the pasted to days here :evil:

About the same here Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: How's it going in your area?   How's it going in your area? EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 7:26 am

same here on gas...went from $1.69, to $1.89 - $1.99 in some places.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: How's it going in your area?   How's it going in your area? EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 9:29 am

Gas here still $1.68 as of last night...... cheers
I filled the Yukon up for the trip. cause i figured it would go up
before next week.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dirt Chic
SSXSRider Member
Dirt Chic

PostSubject: Re: How's it going in your area?   How's it going in your area? EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 6:27 pm

I have seen it creep back up here as well....$2.78 right now....of course I am tickled its still under $2.00.....I love filling up for around $22.00....thats awesome...better than $50 plus dollars. I wish the price of food would come down....you would think with the lower prices....
Back to top Go down
recon33alpha

recon33alpha

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: How's it going in your area?   How's it going in your area? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 8:42 am

Same here in Indiana, gas up 20 cents,,job loss way up,,,,,just gets my goat that Americans can't come together and get the changes we need. I guess the old saying is true...sometimes you have to hit rock bottom....Too many rich around here to get them to come together and fight for what is right, they think it will be ok....we will see
Back to top Go down
Dirt Chic
SSXSRider Member
Dirt Chic

PostSubject: Re: How's it going in your area?   How's it going in your area? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 6:17 pm

Do you all think this year will be better or get a lot worse? Maybe Obama can get some things changed, hope he does the right thing.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: How's it going in your area?   How's it going in your area? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 6:21 pm

Well , it ant looking good so far.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How's it going in your area?   How's it going in your area? Empty

Back to top Go down

How's it going in your area?
Page 1 of 1