SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

auxillary lights with homemade mounts...

Go down 
+4
Tellico450
shawnley1222
nocerisdave
wvyankee2
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

auxillary lights with homemade mounts... Empty
PostSubject: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 9:47 pm

ok, they're not really home made... but, i didn't spend more than 20 bucks on them,total. :D

i bought these at ace hardware.. they were bare metal(they are pictured as black b/c i dipped them in 'Plasti Dip').

auxillary lights with homemade mounts... Lights13

mounted them on the front bumper...

auxillary lights with homemade mounts... Lights14

and now with both on...

auxillary lights with homemade mounts... Lights15

total time.. about 30min's to install, once the mounts were dipped and i had the correct nuts/bolts. I still have to wire them though...

EDIT:

finished product overall...

auxillary lights with homemade mounts... Lights16

Last edited by on Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 9:49 pm

Man you are definately leading the night ride. Gotta love the plastic coat
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 10:02 pm

lol! the bumper lights are Hella 500's... which are 55w. should do great as a back up to the lightbar.

i figured i would ride in the back and light up everything for everyone else... lol!
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 11:23 pm

Hey Wheels those come with covers? I like the mounts...those could be used for lots of add ons...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 11:35 pm

yes, they came with white/black covers... i didn't put them on for the pic... you know anything about wiring? i've got to wire these things up and if i do it by myself... it will take me hours... lol!
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 11:39 pm

lookin good
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 12:27 am

Wheels wrote:
ok, they're not really home made... but, i didn't spend more than 20 bucks on them,total. :D

i bought these at ace hardware.. they were bare metal(they are pictured as black b/c i dipped them in 'Plasti Dip').

auxillary lights with homemade mounts... Lights13

mounted them on the front bumper...

auxillary lights with homemade mounts... Lights14

and now with both on...

auxillary lights with homemade mounts... Lights15

total time.. about 30min's to install, once the mounts were dipped and i had the correct nuts/bolts. I still have to wire them though...

EDIT:

finished product overall...

auxillary lights with homemade mounts... Lights16

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

where did u get the lights at????

spend that money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ rich lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 12:37 am

lol! off my jeep.. i never did hook them up... lol! so, you could say they were free...

i'm trying to catch up to you mcb... i'm up to 3mod's now.. i've only got 998 left...
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 1:18 am

Wheels wrote:
lol! off my jeep.. i never did hook them up... lol! so, you could say they were free...

i'm trying to catch up to you mcb... i'm up to 3mod's now.. i've only got 998 left...

with the mods you got on your rhino Rich, the rhino, the hoe, I could have my 100k vette!
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 1:33 am

Yeah I do know something about wiring evey time I try to screw with it without some type of directions I fry something.....so I would be no help...
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 1:56 am

nocerisdave wrote:
Yeah I do know something about wiring evey time I try to screw with it without some type of directions I fry something.....so I would be no help...

the answer to his problems is right in front of his face!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 9:46 am

Tellico450 wrote:
nocerisdave wrote:

the answer to his problems is right in front of his face!

huh??

oh and Telli... I couldn't buy a 10yr old Vette with the money i've spent all that... lol! who you trying to kid??? lol!
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 10:22 am

I know my rzr buddy wired a set very similar to his head lights - they all come on at once - but is that a bad thing?

should just be as simple as splicing the headlight wires - and the pig tails off the new one and merging them - WITH A TON OF TAPE Wink
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 12:24 pm

rc... it was recommended that i use the relay/wiring harness that came with the lights... b/c of the load... i'd personally like to just wire it straight to the battery with a fuse in line somewhere... that way i'd be able to turn them on even when the Rhino is off. but, i know that could be a bad thing too though. so... i'm not sure. i'll think about it for a day or so... then take care of it.
Back to top Go down
Z28

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Lights   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 4:53 pm

Wheels, do you have two batterys? If using the stock battery be carefull you don't pull it down to low to start your rhino. The stock charging sys wont keep up with all your lights.I added a 900 amp car battery in between the shock towers & use a car fuse pannel to pull from. I have ran my lights 6 hr with no problems. I hope this helps. :)

auxillary lights with homemade mounts... Zwgtc
auxillary lights with homemade mounts... 30c80pi
auxillary lights with homemade mounts... IMG_0577

Last edited by on Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 4:54 pm

I have the same lights on the front of my Jeep. I was a little concerned about how long they would last but its been 3 years now and I use them every morning. They work great and hold up very well.
http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaUSA/WebSite/MiscContent/Download/Drivers/Lighting/500MountingInstructionsfinal.pdf
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 7:14 pm

Z... i'd love to add a 9000 jigawatz battery like you did... but, i wouldn't know where to start. lol!

clutch, i appreciate the link...
Back to top Go down
Z28

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Battery   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 7:20 pm

Wheels wrote:
Z... i'd love to add a 9000 jigawatz battery like you did... but, i wouldn't know where to start. lol!

clutch, i appreciate the link...

Man, I would help you & its very easy! If you can put the lights on ,you can add a battery! cheers Call me sometime. PM me for #
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 8:48 pm

I've g same ones too, only clear-lens, I think they are 550ff's?? I put 100w bulbs in mine.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 1:34 am

dang pate.. that's a lot of watts.. lol!

just an update... i've got an individual from RF.Net that wants a couple of sets of these... for 10/set. money is going to the forums... RF.Net and SouthernSxS. i might have some of the plasti dip left after i do the two sets....
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 1:50 am

way to hustle the mounts wheels
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 3:40 pm

lol! well, i'm going to throw the rest away... if there's any left, that is
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 11:32 pm

well... it only took me 5 1/2hrs.. due to some issues... but, it is finished. the wiring is in... they work great and they 'praise jesus' just like i thought they would. lol!

i was a pain in the arse... but, well worth it.

if anyone needs help... i now know how to do it. :face: sort of...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 11:25 pm

and the final product...

auxillary lights with homemade mounts... Lights12
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 6:46 am

Wheels wrote:
and the final product...

auxillary lights with homemade mounts... Lights12

dang wheels , just noticed u have a mail truck rhino lol! lol! steering on the wrong side in pics lol! lol! lol!

good job on the lights!!!!! :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: auxillary lights with homemade mounts...   auxillary lights with homemade mounts... Empty

Back to top Go down

auxillary lights with homemade mounts...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next