SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you do for a living?

Go down 
+22
sprinklerhead
Woodtick
Last Chance Rhino
cajuncoot
shawnley1222
HillbillyJon
RickV
CaptMorgansgirl
blu-knight
Gary
GunRunner
Big-R
Clayboy
rubicon05
wvyankee2
Rhino Rob
bush
Foxfire
nocerisdave
McChicken
moto92
Dirt Chic
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

What do you do for a living? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 11:17 pm

Dirt Chic wrote:
Wonders to self what I am missing, lol. Did you really meet at work, or an inside joke? :D

Both...........dont ask, dont tell. lol!
Back to top Go down
Dirt Chic
SSXSRider Member
Dirt Chic

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 11:18 pm

What happens in WV, Stays in WV. Cool
Back to top Go down
RickV

RickV

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 11:49 pm

I am a Federal Mine Inspector (coal cop). I am one of those guys like Blu-knight said that don't like to see me come around. I am currently working out of the Morgantown, WV field office, but will be transfering to the Bridgeport WV office next quarter.
Back to top Go down
HillbillyJon

HillbillyJon

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 11:56 pm

I am a welder for Link Belt Construction Equipment. We make big ol construction cranes.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

wvyankee2 wrote:
Dirt Chic wrote:
Wonders to self what I am missing, lol. Did you really meet at work, or an inside joke? :D

Both...........dont ask, dont tell. lol!

Secret squirrel shiziat.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:17 am

Went from servicing heavy equip. to running them to welding to CSX now trying to become a firefighter

Last edited by shawnley1222 on Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 10:20 am

me ,i am just a ol toolmaker/machinist. we do alot of line fixtures and jigs for Honda in ohio but some goes to canada, and alabama honda plants,i have been a toolmaker for 30years or so .Janet is a LPN at a mental health,and drug addiction clinic. she works there and is not a patient yet but putting up with me all the time might get her admitted! lol!
Back to top Go down
Last Chance Rhino
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 6:36 pm

Tel-comm engineer here, semi retired, doing contract communications work.
It's real interesting seeing what work everybody does, looks like a real diverse group.
Back to top Go down
Dirt Chic
SSXSRider Member
Dirt Chic

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 8:16 pm

shawnley1222 wrote:
Went from servicing heavy equip. to running them to welding to CSX now trying to become a firefighter

My uncle works for CSX. He said they have been laying people off, & suppose to lay off like a thousand all across the U.S. He is scared of loosing his job right now, because he supports his wife, & handicapped child. Good paying jobs are hard to find around here.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 12:55 am

Dirt Chic wrote:
shawnley1222 wrote:

My uncle works for CSX. He said they have been laying people off, & suppose to lay off like a thousand all across the U.S. He is scared of loosing his job right now, because he supports his wife, & handicapped child. Good paying jobs are hard to find around here.

ya I am one of those laid-off people Sad they laid off a BUNCH of people dang economy Mad
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 10:18 am

[quote="cajuncoot"]me ,i am just a ol tool, have been a tool for 30years or so. Janet is a LPN at a mental health,and drug addiction clinic.

Which is why she CAN put up with you!!!! roflmao lol! hide woo hoo
coco beat allright WTF clap hide hide
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 10:30 am

you better hide under that chair fox, she will diagnose you next ride we do , oh yea by the way she forgets there is a difference in stimulation and amputation! did you get your 1000 in yet? if so we need pics!
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 8:44 pm

I'm a professional Goof Off! Retired from GE. I hunt, fish, ride & camp. Tough life but someone has to do it right? Just as well be me.
Back to top Go down
sprinklerhead

sprinklerhead

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 9:01 pm

I own Mountain State Fire Protection here in WV.Design-Service-Install Fire sprinkler systems for commercial,industrial,residential,and institutional type buildings across the whole state and i love it.Kind of ironic tho cause growing up as a kid i was a major fire bug and even now while camping i always seem to be the one playing in the fire trying to make it biggerer!!!! :campfire: Tent peppers
Back to top Go down
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 8:51 pm

I am a Regional Safety Director for Brasfield & Gorrie in Atlanta, GA. They are the largest privately owned General Contractor in the US. We Build anything fom high rise office buildings, to schools, hospitals, water treatment plants, HWY's, Bridges, etc... You name it, we prob do it. It's one of the few companies in the US that realize their empoloyees are their #1 asset. They are the best company I have ever worked for. Things have slowed down a bit for us, but nothing like other GC's. We have a billion worth of work on the books for this yr and part of next. Pretty Busy. One of the lucky few...
Back to top Go down
martman100
SSXSRider Member
martman100

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 4:33 pm

Senior Programmer and Project Lead for a local bank. I have been a programmer for 10 years. Mainly program in Microsoft technologies. I design and program websites at work and on the side when time permits. Love what I do just wish I didn't have to live so close to the city to make the dollars. I want to ride.

I am one of those that are fortunate to have a good job making decent money. My wife only works 2 days a week and it makes life much easier with 2 kids.
Back to top Go down
dmac

dmac

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 7:21 pm

I work in the Gulf Of Mexico for BP. We work on a 14 and 14 schedule. I've been in the oilfield since 1985.
Back to top Go down
MarkW
SSXSRider Member
MarkW

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:05 pm

Garbage man, ewww eh hemmmm, excuse me.

Policeman 17 yrs

M
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 8:48 pm

Back to welding Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living?   What do you do for a living? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you do for a living?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2