SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HID conversion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Townsend600

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-02-18

HID conversion Empty
PostSubject: HID conversion   HID conversion EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 1:05 am

My rhino uses an H6M bulb. The kits sold on ebay only cost around $75 Does anybody have any experience with these kits. I have a bulb out and can't see giving the stealer $25 for a factory bulb.

Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-Conversion-kit-H6-H6m-H7-H8-3000K-5000K-6000K-8000K_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ36476QQihZ013QQitemZ230223857174

I have HID's in my truck and love them but I go the hi/low kit. It only shows this bulb in a low beam.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

HID conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID conversion   HID conversion EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 7:55 am

Town... welcome to the forums...

i know a good amount of people have done the HID conversion over on RF.net... i was thinking about it, just haven't researched it much...

let us know what you find out.
Back to top Go down
Townsend600

HID conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID conversion   HID conversion EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 11:53 am

I think I might order it today.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

HID conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID conversion   HID conversion EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 1:46 pm

Wheels wrote:
Town... welcome to the forums...

i know a good amount of people have done the HID conversion over on RF.net... i was thinking about it, just haven't researched it much...

let us know what you find out.

Yeah I dont know much about them either. I would question durability in wet conditions myself.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

HID conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID conversion   HID conversion EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 1:58 pm

esp since their shown on cars which only time they see water is rain and a car wash and dont touch the ballasts or even get submerged like some peoples Laughing
Back to top Go down
Townsend600

HID conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID conversion   HID conversion EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 2:55 pm

I guess we'll find out. I'm pulling the trigger on these. I have them on my truck and I pressure wash under the hood everytime I wash the truck. Never had any problems with mine.
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

HID conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID conversion   HID conversion EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 3:56 pm

Below is a recent post by one of my friends at TriadTrailBlazers:

I read up on the the HID lights on rhinoforums.net and found several threads. There are some less expensive kits on eBay that many of the West coast guys like but their riding differs. You have to be careful as some kits are not waterproof, some don't have harnesses that are wired with relays, and some need different year model Yamaha reflectors to work in some year model Rhino's.

Here is the website on the set I settled on: http://www.dirtlights.com/index.php?id=546

I liked the thoroughness of his site to help you choose the proper kit. His customer service was top notch and I received my package in 2 days from Arizona.

These lights are UNBELIEVABLE! They are similar to the very white headlights you see on BMW's and other high end cars, but honestly, they seem even brighter to me. I rode into a field at my brothers farm and they lit up an entire field 400 yards away to the tree line. I already had PIAA halogens on my Rhino and these new headlights render them nearly worthless. The kit came complete with mounting brackets for the ballasts, hardware, fully wired relay harness, and instructions. No cutting or splicing on this kit like many of the other kits. Installation was a snap. With WV creek crossings to consider, I wanted a fully wired harness and didn't really want to hack into my stock harness.

For under $200 these are the only lights you really need unless you just want some others for looks. Some of the eBay kits can be had for around $80, but you have to keep the whole package in mind. Still, that might be an option for some others wanting to economize.

BTW, his email is incorrect on his website. It is steve@dirtlights.com .

Who knows, he may even have or be willing to make atv kits.

Ok, there is my first write up/product review. I give this kit 5 out of 5 stars for performance, and value! Basically a must have in my opinion.

Again I did not write this review but the writer is a good friend that has an incredible Rhino. If he says it is good then it is.....
Back to top Go down
bamaboy

Number of posts : 21

HID conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID conversion   HID conversion EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 5:14 pm

I replaced my bulbs with these from ebay. I have put around 155 miles so far on them with no problems. They are a true plug and play attachments. No splicing. They have the relay and all built in. Only issue was that I had to drill small hole in the battery box corner because the wires could have stood an extra 6 or so inches longer. No big deal, just used a little silicone to close back up. Main reason that I went with the kit was because there was no splicing, had a relay, and kit was allready set for the H6m bulb and included the spring retainer. This kit is set to run the lights on low and the high side can be used to running the taillights only. HID only runs one beam. Kit took about 45 minutes to mount, hardest part is determining where to mount the ballast.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Rhino-HID-Factory-Replacement-Light-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35580QQihZ001QQitemZ110223924702QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Back to top Go down
pnjoiler

pnjoiler

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-01-23

HID conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID conversion   HID conversion EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 5:37 pm

I bought mine from Burke Motorsports. They cost a little more then the ebay kits but they were a true plug and play kit with out having to splics any wires.
Back to top Go down
Townsend600

HID conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID conversion   HID conversion EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 9:52 pm

I can't help but notice that very few of these companies have relays or harnesses. Most are just plugging up the factory wires to the ballast and from the ballast to the bulb. Not just the cheap ebay kits either. These are some of the $300+ kits.

I'm confused. My 2004 rhino uses the same bulb as what. Some bulbs require changing the lens some are for 07 or 08 models and some are strictly for 06's. What bulb do I need. I think its the H6M but I'm not real sure.
Back to top Go down
Townsend600

HID conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID conversion   HID conversion EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 9:53 pm

what year is your rhino bamaboy?
I wish somebody made them in 8000K for a bluer look.
Back to top Go down
bamaboy

Number of posts : 21

HID conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID conversion   HID conversion EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 9:27 am

Mine is a 08 and it takes the H6m. Go to the website that I bought from that is listed above and he has a picture of the different year model bulbs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HID conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID conversion   HID conversion Empty

Back to top Go down

HID conversion
Page 1 of 1